• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hide Buildings feature added for mobile app!

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m so excited to see the “hide buildings” feature just got added to the mobile app! This came at a good time while I’m in the middle of rearranging my city. I did login on my laptop to see if this feature is available for the pc users, unfortunately it isn’t available yet, but I’m hopeful it will be soon. It will be a pain to login on your phone to rearrange your city but I know players that do that for neighborly help as well. At least it would be a possible option in the meantime.

03976357-9F5B-41D6-ACB7-86D9B80A7401.jpeg
B9C33F96-1E7F-4B0F-B3AB-F102AAB9A36E.jpg

NightshadeCS

That looks pretty amazing!

I can't cite my source at the moment, but I have a feeling they were working on this exclusively for mobile, and we may not soon (or ever?) see this come to PC. It is not quite such a pain to move things on PC, and we have ElvenArchitect to provide the same basic framework.

I think this possibly originated as a suggestion here, yes? I'll have to go digging.

Edit: Okay, found a similar forwarded idea on the Forum, take special note of Xelenia's final post. :p:p

Soleil Nightbloom

That looks pretty amazing!

I can't cite my source at the moment, but I have a feeling they were working on this exclusively for mobile, and we may not soon (or ever?) see this come to PC. It is not quite such a pain to move things on PC, and we have ElvenArchitect to provide the same basic framework.

I think this possibly originated as a suggestion here, yes? I'll have to go digging.

Edit: Okay, found a similar forwarded idea on the Forum, take special note of Xelenia's final post. :p:p

I play mostly on my tablet so this helps a lot and only go on PC mostly for recruiting purposes. I usually rearrange by having ElvenArchitect open in one window and have another window open in Elvenar, lol.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It has been on Beta and EN for a week or two now, so is it on all the other Live servers now?

And yeah, this is probably a mobile app-only thing, at least for quite a while, as the browser and app versions have completely separate dev teams. And something like this is a lot easier to code for the app, since other game apps have had something like this for years, as I pointed out in the suggestion thread, including with images of them.

Edit: Yep, it is now in my Arendyll city on the app.

Last edited:

Aritra

I saw it this morning! I haven't used it (practical application) yet, but it looks GREAT!
It looks better than I imagined (from all of the discussion of what was wanted).
(Winyandor & Arendyll -- Android mobile -- looking forward to desktop arrival, too)

Yogi Dave

I don't do mobile, but a member of my FS was wondering if there is a published color code for the building types.

Soleil Nightbloom

@Yogi Dave Yes, some of the building codes are displayed in the screenshot on the right. It looks like the color codes are:

Residences= yellow

Workshops= blue

Manufactories= pink

Military= red

Culture= purple (evolving building) and light blue (I have both colors in my city)

Guest race settlement= green

Ancient wonders= white

Main Hall/Builders Hut/Magic Academy= yellow

Gkyr

Chef
This is really a great help on mobile.
And it proves another thing:
Our city's information feed is all there and doesn't have to appear as 3D visual.

Not to make light of this because this is really great as it is.
But it proves out cities could also be fed to us as a list.
And that list could have production times.
For example:
"Planks Manufactory;lvl23;=1:23;(etc)
Golden Abyss;lvl18;=2:54;(....)
Barracks;lvl30;=1:17;(...)"

where "=#:##" is the countdown to finishing the current progress

by converting these to clock times, we could see at a glance, "Oh, if I want to be current in my completions, I need to be online at (example) 3:17 pm, 3:23 pm, and again at 4:54 pm.
This would significantly cut down our hangout time and allow more time for RL without compromising the game in any way.

What do you think?

Gkyr

Chef
Hangout time = we're not planning, we're just waiting for the timer to run out on our builds.

It might also be said, more targeted time online, fewer wasted hours and ignored builds = more progress in development = more need to buy advantages (applies to those players open to buying advantages).

It would facilitate playing - whatever one's style of play. If they were a buyer, it would facilitate buying. All this by reducing fallow, unproductive time on line and missed or belated opportunities.

The complete city profile is there. The devs just proved they can go from 3D to 2D. An auxiliary step (NOT replacing the new 2D layout) is tabular form.

Iyapo1

Hangout time = we're not planning, we're just waiting for the timer to run out on our builds.
Right, but they just gave me this totally awsome Hide Building feature which seems pretty specifically designed to give me something to do in game while I am just hanging out.

Silver Lady

The ‘Hide Buildings’ feature is ‘Ab Fab’. One of my FS member has a vision issue and really struggles to arrange his city. He‘s just said how helpful this is to him. (Helpful for these old eyes too.) So a ‘two for‘ there for the devs. Thanks!

Socrates28

I love this feature as well. It is very helpful to see little road frags you missed and wondered why a building doesn't fit where it should. Yes EA is great but I have not been able to use it for weeks because my city will not import.
Still a great feature!