• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Winter Magic discussion

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
If you are talking about the usual 3-hour flash sale on the final day of events, it triggers the first time you enter the game during the final 24 hours of the event. I have gone into my game as late as mid-afternoon and had that sale pop up and last the full 3 hours and other times I have been up extra late at night and gone into the game a little after 5am and had it pop up then instead.
I am, and you say the same thing during every event where I give this feedback. I get this offer when I am doing AM resets, sadly necessary for mana, seeds, sentiments, unurium, ie chapter 9 and up. While I may move along any city not current in the quest line, I may be waiting for tourney to start so I can maximize usage of temp boost buildings, relics, encounters etc. More relevant is what I am not doing. I am not spending all my event currency, I am in fact getting ready to leave for work! I am in no position to decide if I need to spend $$ on the event.

So I feel this is valid feedback, and that this is the best Forum for it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
One factor that can make a huge difference in a 30-day event like this one is your luck with the ground spawns. Those are always for 1 or 2 or 3 of the event currency, so if you have bad luck and get mostly 1's versus getting more 2's and 3's, it will hurt. Say you pick up 20 spawns per day. One person getting 5 worth 2 or 3 versus another person getting 10 that are worth 2 or 3 comes out to at least a difference of 5 per day, or 150 over the event. Then add in the luck factor for using the X2 on the extra present prizes. Good or bad luck is less of a factor in this format, but it is still enough to keep you from getting the 9th artifact.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. I considered just buying my way to the finish, but discovered you can only buy currency/keys and I'm just not going to buy chances to win an artifact or a profile pic. Would I buy either one? Yes, depending on the price, but I'm never going to spend money on what are basically loot crates.
But there was no gamble in this event. You know that each box contains a present, and costs 25 currency.
So you simply take #of presents needed to get your artifact x25 = currency needed.
It could even cost you a little bit less due to 2x powerup and the boxes with 2,3,4 presents, but it can never cost you more.

Lemon Wren

But there was no gamble in this event. You know that each box contains a present, and costs 25 currency.
So you simply take #of presents needed to get your artifact x25 = currency needed.
It could even cost you a little bit less due to 2x powerup and the boxes with 2,3,4 presents, but it can never cost you more.

I was including the variation in the gift boxes since I would have to buy as if I would only get one's and it's not as if I wanted currency. I wanted the last artifact. Just tell me the price for one and let me decide to buy it or not. Same with the profile pic. I want a price tag on it. Which, I get is not the model. It's not like it's the end of the world. Just providing my feedback on how I experienced the event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Except that the smallest package is 100keys for 10 bucks, which is steep!

Which package was that? In the game, if you had click on the + beside your amount of keys, it would give you a pop up where you could buy 100 keys for 500 diamonds. And even with no sale discount at all in the diamond store, it is only $5 to by 500 diamonds. If you are talking about that special 3-hour sale that popped up on the final day, a $10 offer bought a lot more than 100 keys. 100 keys was more a $3 or $4 offer.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought the lowest package was for 9.99. Could there have been different packages offered to different players?

There always are, based on past spending habits. The more you spend, the bigger the bundles are and the less likely you will see the small ones. The smallest deal is the 100 for $3 or $4, I can't remember which, then there is an $8 deal that gives 250. And then they keep getting bigger from there. So no way you were getting only 100 for $10.

Tehya1

There always are, based on past spending habits. The more you spend, the bigger the bundles are and the less likely you will see the small ones. The smallest deal is the 100 for $3 or $4, I can't remember which, then there is an $8 deal that gives 250. And then they keep getting bigger from there. So no way you were getting only 100 for $10.
It was in the wee hours, so I probably read it wrong with a very tired brain. lol

BrinDarby

@Tehya1 ,
While there's a couple offers directly $$$ for currency, most are combo offers
while buying diamonds, or ya gotta buy the diamonds 1st with $$$ , then
you buy keys (currency) with diamonds.... ( thats where Inno gets ya
comming & going )

@Enevhar Aldarion is right there is a difference between the "offers"
that are seperate icons in top right on city map screen, and inside the
event, clicking on the currency, and getting a popup to only buy currency (w/diamonds).

Rp44

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with this Winter Event. I love the artwork, as always. I have liked the post office box system since the x2 and reshuffle were divorced from the board itself. The quests were fine.

But part of the reason we didn't have leagues for this event was that it's a busy time for everyone right? So why oh why did fully evolving the building rely so much on picking up all the possible currency from the ground? Ugh lol.

I am an active player. I usually run 3-4 three hour runs and the 9 hr overnight. I normally see all my MA turnovers. But December is CRAZY for me work-wise and there were days during this event where I was only able to log in once or twice. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the extended Family Christmas celebration over New Year's Weekend that I missed a daily log in bonus. And I didn't spend currency very often so I was subject to whichever boards came up on those few days I did spend keys. Since the extra presents on a board ranged from 2 to 6, sometimes with only one box with extras, bad luck boards were a problem for more than one city. I did not ever use reshuffle, but none of my cities made the 9th artifact without spending diamonds for a few extra keys at the end.

So I know what I did "wrong" and I did spend a few of the diamonds I have won from the MA and the Spire for the cities that will use this building (and I know that's exactly what INNO wants). But it irritates me that it was necessary to spend diamonds for a level 10 building simply because I couldn't log in 5-6 times a day every day like I normally do. And I still dislike the luck factor, even the reduced luck factor of this event style. I had one little casual (plays once a day) city that didnt finish the quests (5 short) and it still had as many presents as one of the other (crazy unlucky) casual ones that finished all of them. If I hadn't written it down I wouldn't have been able to believe it.

Plus I was really looking forward to the tiny culture buildings that got replaced with random dailies. I love the forest igloos and frozen tree stumps! They are cute and they go the opposite direction of everything else that is only two squares! :) I did like the random dailies on the board with the main daily, that was a nice change for people who want more dailies, but man I wanted some igloos. :)

DeletedUser26654

Then be more specific in your whinging, there's so much of it from you it's hard to keep track.

And where's your reply to part 2? You know, the part where a free list is provided to you out of kindness from strangers and yet you have the audacity to complain because it's not perfect? Disregarding your own zero contributions of course.
Wow, is this your entire life, sitting here in the Pit to reply with sarcastic answers? This is why I hate forums.

DeletedUser26654

Pretty sure the correct answer is “a member of Lelanya’s FS”; I’m assuming she isn’t referring to the ancient Celtic peoples who took on the Romans in the 1st Century AD… could be wrong, though.
Yeah, cos in-jokes are so entertaining to those not in the cliques...

DeletedUser26654

If you're referring to Huor's signature, I don't see what's wrong with advertising a fellowship in one's signature. Lots of the members here do it, and there certainly aren't any forum rules against it.
Not what I was referring to but thanks.

DeletedUser26654

Then be more specific in your whinging, there's so much of it from you it's hard to keep track.

And where's your reply to part 2? You know, the part where a free list is provided to you out of kindness from strangers and yet you have the audacity to complain because it's not perfect? Disregarding your own zero contributions of course.
Please, if you want to sit here all day and post snarky answers to every comment I make, please just stop reading my posts. You are a very arrogant person. You are the one that riles people up. Sorry. My 2 cents here.