• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It works great on Browser, not so great on mobile, although the staff were working on this on Friday. There is some debate, because the button is located on the Claim Map Rewards page, and on mobile is quite close to the first chest. You may find the button too close for comfort.
I personally recommend that all leaders take a good look at this. I will be loading pictures in Discord today, you might want to PM me your number.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
So beta peeps, how are we liking the new participation info panel? Is it working as intended? Debating if I need to bother updating my FA spreadsheet with new map numbers or decommission it.

It is a really good new feature - it saves ages checking each waypoint by hand to find if everyone has played already.
Mind you, it has not changed the way that my group plays; I ask everyone to either get on the board early, or let me know when to expect them so we can wait for them if at all possible. In practice we seldom wait for players in Stage One where the prizes are rather iffy; we find ways to compensate those who miss out. And Stages Two and Three go slow enough that every player ought to be able to get on the board without special assistance...

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m really liking the new FA changes and glad we finally have a new map! Not going to lie, picking up the badges is fun and I keep finding excuses to swipe them when collecting, lol. So far, the contributions list feature seems to have been corrected on the mobile app. For the mobile players interested, you would go to the claim rewards area (where you would pull the flag), then tap on the banner with the number on it and then the contributions list pops up.

Here is what it looks like in the mobile app:

0FC5D7B8-B446-4E3E-BBDB-BCB3B6CC6280.jpeg

Lady Dastardly

I am very much looking forward to these changes (although not looking forward to updating my spreadsheet).
Just a heads up for anyone in a fellowship that likes to try and finish between 11th and 20th in the FA to win a Black Lotus. That team prize has been removed from the new FA running on Beta. Now the entire top 20 teams win one of the trophy buildings and no one has a chance at a black lotus.
This is the only disappointing news I've heard so far, but I appreciate the heads up. Hopefully the additional FS perk experience points will take the edge off.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I read on Beta forum that if a player adds a badge on a level then they will get prizes for subsequent levels. I always thought it was still that at least 1 badge had to be added to each level to get that level prizes. I have never heard that this changed so I need to verify that I am understanding correctly. So is the required 1 badge per level requirement gone?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I read on Beta forum that if a player adds a badge on a level then they will get prizes for subsequent levels. I always thought it was still that at least 1 badge had to be added to each level to get that level prizes. I have never heard that this changed so I need to verify that I am understanding correctly. So is the required 1 badge per level requirement gone?
Hey there
Apparently there was a secret shortcut, well known in some quarters, that if a player placed a badge on map 1 that they would get rewards for maps 2 and 3 as well. I admit it was floated by us on EN3 and we dismissed the notion as ludicrous misinformation, an Elvanar version an urban legend. A large debate ensued on Beta that was eventually shut down by Forum Mods when it degenerated into a witch hunt for culpability.

We gather that a number of players were exploiting a bug of some kind. I will say again, I count noses and make sure 'no player is left behind' that wants a reward, so good luck slacking off in a FS that I run.

Anyhow we have been told that this will not work anymore.
EDIT: @Dreamyn2 please thank whoever sacrificed a Tome, for the cause.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The ‘non-limit items’ this time are Wonder Society, Druid and Elvarian Guard - this screenshot was taken with one day to go and clearly the fellowship will make enough of these in normal game-play, so no special effort is needed to make them.

Special attention needs to be given to:
  • Necklaces, which now cost 4 runs, not 3
  • Statues
  • Farmers
  • Smiths
The other items are not particularly difficult.

275303738_10220628789170292_3698586712929493062_n.jpg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Ok. It's been too long with the same FA map and I haven't had to crunch FA math in awhile. Can someone confirm if this is right?
For stage 3:
Regular Waypoint = 200pt (I thought it's 300pts?)
First tri-color switchpoint = 600pts
Second tri-color switchpoint = 1000pts

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The current event ends on March 15th, with FAs usually starting a week after an event ends. My best guess is that it will start Thursday March 24th, although they can always change their mind.

It definitely won't start before then because of the way Inno does their scheduling, FAs only start on Thursdays now, or maybe the rare Friday, and since the first Thursday after the end of the event is the day after it ends, it won't be the 17th. Live usually gets the same amount of time between that Beta does, not not always, so we might get an extra week in between and have it start on the 31st.

But included with all the changes to the FA is the new countdown timer, like the one the events get. It even has the same amount of time of 3 days, instead of the old 2 day warning. That means there will be plenty of time to lay out buildings for the 48-hour statue productions.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Ok. It's been too long with the same FA map and I haven't had to crunch FA math in awhile. Can someone confirm if this is right?
For stage 3:
Regular Waypoint = 200pt (I thought it's 300pts?)
First tri-color switchpoint = 600pts
Second tri-color switchpoint = 1000pts

Stage One = 100 - 300 - 500
Stage Two= 200 - 600 - 1000
Stage One = 300 - 900 - 1500

All in my event note: https://tinyurl.com/ypwhp6mp

Status
Not open for further replies.