• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the game fun again

HTendon

The game has become tedious and boring, it takes forever to get through chapters and event rewards are progressively worse each event. The fighting has become just attrition now, and I know it has been posted that nothing changed, but that is a lie, it has. Please fix the game to make it interesting and fun for future and current players, it is too late for me, I can no longer take it, just do the right thing.

OIM20

Some of us are still having fun. I'm sorry you're not, though.

Is there a specific thing that would make the game more appealing to you? Because "make it fun" is too vague; obviously while I find the game fun still, you do not. Therefore, what appeals to me in the game is obviously not appealing to you. So what would you think would make it fun for you?

I'm asking earnestly.

You complained about the time it takes to progress. What would make that time less 'tedious' to you? Some things to consider:
  • how often are you logging into the game?
  • when you log in, are you just logging in to collect from your manus and ws, any AWs/event buildings as needed, checking the trader, and then logging out?
  • do you spend time replanning / rebuilding your city?
  • if so, when you are building your city, are you building for functionality, aesthetics, or a combination of the two? (There is a challenge in combining them, I have found.)
The fighting has become just attrition now, and I know it has been posted that nothing changed, but that is a lie, it has.
I would like to see empirical evidence if you have any. This cannot be addressed based upon individual perception; the code is what it is, and if something isn't working properly, the only thing that will prove that to the devs is empirical evidence.

Additionally, when you are battling, do you use temporary military buildings? Do you fight all of the Spire or all of the Tourney? Do you fight to a certain province in the Tourney (16, I think, is the one where I've seen others say they switch to catering or simply stop because of the cost in troops/goods)? Are you only battling in individual provinces after you've scouted them and catering the Tourney? Are you only ever using the exact same troops? For example, do you only use Banshees against Steinlings, or have you tried Blossom Mages? Do you exclusively use troops from the Mercenary Camp? Do you mix and match troops based on their individual strengths against the enemy units?

it is too late for me, I can no longer take it, just do the right thing.
..."Do the right thing"? I am confused by this wording. But I wonder at why you would post in the "suggestions" forum if you no longer intend to play the game, which is what the first part of that quote sounds like you're saying.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Man, some of us practically try putting together full presentations complete with coffee and snacks to try to get our Ideas & Suggestions through, and I don't even see an idea suggested in the OP. You won't even get to voting stage with that, let alone the Boss Level, which is the mysteriously nit-picky Community Manager of Tonga.

Zoof

Well... while there's little of substance in the original post, maybe we can fill in some details? They wanted it to be "more fun", so muahahaha MONKE PAW TIME!

*ahem*

Every day, three minigames can appear. One of which may be tic-tac-toe, the other maybe a Bomberman clone involving goblins, and yet another may be Bepooweled. Or some random combo game like tic-tac-bomblet diggerton. Upon successful completion, they give additional goods, but only in the manufactory or pet that you manage to find the minigame in, and only the goods associated with it. Wait, are you telling me that Winter Lampions aren't associated with any goods? Balderdash! You're not looking hard enough. That single coin was your prize! The best coin ever! Cherish that coin!

Oh, and which place they're in changes day-to-day, so there's EXTRA FUN in playing hide-and-seek with the game before you can get to the game.

Yo dawg I herd you like games so we put a game in yo game so you can play while u play

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I hate to say it, @HTendon , but if you are feeling this way in chapter 15, there is no way you will enjoy chapters 16-19. I enjoy the game because of the challenge of completing the chapters. I feel accomplishment when I complete the final chapter before the next one is added to the game. It has been a fight, but I will finish chapter 19 with a couple of weeks to spare before chapter 20 is added.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Well... while there's little of substance in the original post, maybe we can fill in some details? They wanted it to be "more fun", so muahahaha MONKE PAW TIME!

*ahem*

Every day, three minigames can appear. One of which may be tic-tac-toe, the other maybe a Bomberman clone involving goblins, and yet another may be Bepooweled. Or some random combo game like tic-tac-bomblet diggerton. Upon successful completion, they give additional goods, but only in the manufactory or pet that you manage to find the minigame in, and only the goods associated with it. Wait, are you telling me that Winter Lampions aren't associated with any goods? Balderdash! You're not looking hard enough. That single coin was your prize! The best coin ever! Cherish that coin!

Oh, and which place they're in changes day-to-day, so there's EXTRA FUN in playing hide-and-seek with the game before you can get to the game.

Yo dawg I herd you like games so we put a game in yo game so you can play while u play

Alas...I can only like that once

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Your main complaint is that it takes too long to go through chapters.
That is part of the game design.
Each chapter gets longer.
But isn't it possible that Inno has already addressed this?
People complain that there are too many events and/or FA's.
All those events are Inno's way of giving you something to do besides slog through chapters.

bkbajb

Your main complaint is that it takes too long to go through chapters.
That is part of the game design.
Each chapter gets longer.
But isn't it possible that Inno has already addressed this?
People complain that there are too many events and/or FA's.
All those events are Inno's way of giving you something to do besides slog through chapters.

I agree and I hope that never changes

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The game has become tedious and boring, it takes forever to get through chapters and event rewards are progressively worse each event. The fighting has become just attrition now, and I know it has been posted that nothing changed, but that is a lie, it has. Please fix the game to make it interesting and fun for future and current players, it is too late for me, I can no longer take it, just do the right thing.
Out of honest curiosity, what do you think could make the game more fun for you and any others feeling the same as you? I'm only coming up on one year so I'm still having a great time playing multiple times everyday. Wondering what you would like to see?

LordRezal

The amount of goods needed to get through chapters is quite high but not something that can't be overcome. Cookies anyone? What really is making it not fun for me and a bunch of the senior players I know. Coffee? What is not fun is the Sentient Black Market Mafia. Something has to be done about the pirates taking over the trader in Sentient goods. We all know certain goods are hard to come by, right now it is Scrolls and Royal Velvet. What makes it particularly hard though is the Sentient Mafia scooping up all the Velvet and other Sentient goods they can, then putting them out on the trader at 1000's of goods higher than a 2 star trade. I know it's legal but anyone here that says they have not been affected by this unfair practice is not being honest OR one of the people that are doing it. Have a nice finger sandwich? There need to be a cap put on the zero trades for Sentient goods. Something like 10 for every 1000. I don't have the time to sit and check the trader every 5 minutes waiting for a trade to come up so hopefully I get it before the Mafia scoops it up. I have played the game for 5 years, I do spend money on it a few times a year but honestly I am thinking of quitting, and for that reason exactly. I put up trades 2 star in sentient and they don't get taken. I put up 3 stars and one of the mafia scoops them up and the redistributes them as 1 star. It's just no fun anymore. This issue truly needs to be addressed.

Myne

Oh Wise One
The amount of goods needed to get through chapters is quite high but not something that can't be overcome. Cookies anyone? What really is making it not fun for me and a bunch of the senior players I know. Coffee? What is not fun is the Sentient Black Market Mafia. Something has to be done about the pirates taking over the trader in Sentient goods. We all know certain goods are hard to come by, right now it is Scrolls and Royal Velvet. What makes it particularly hard though is the Sentient Mafia scooping up all the Velvet and other Sentient goods they can, then putting them out on the trader at 1000's of goods higher than a 2 star trade. I know it's legal but anyone here that says they have not been affected by this unfair practice is not being honest OR one of the people that are doing it. Have a nice finger sandwich? There need to be a cap put on the zero trades for Sentient goods. Something like 10 for every 1000. I don't have the time to sit and check the trader every 5 minutes waiting for a trade to come up so hopefully I get it before the Mafia scoops it up. I have played the game for 5 years, I do spend money on it a few times a year but honestly I am thinking of quitting, and for that reason exactly. I put up trades 2 star in sentient and they don't get taken. I put up 3 stars and one of the mafia scoops them up and the redistributes them as 1 star. It's just no fun anymore. This issue truly needs to be addressed.
What world are you in?

shimmerfly

I beleive that anyone that is disenchanted with the game that much should leave or at leasr take a long break and go take a walk in the sunshine.
It looks like the OP bit the dust anyway.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The only truly boring thing about the game, in my opinion, is the long list of click click click click to give gifts. If it weren't for that, there is nothing about this game I don't love. (And yes, I am glad they changed it somewhat, but not enough. I'm a big gift giver.)

I think INNO should seriously consider giving each player preference buttons for main hall, culture, or builder, in whatever order. For example, first choice builder, second choice culture, third choice main hall. And when you want to give gifts to your neighbors, just press one button ... that's it. Then ALL of your elligible fellowship members and neighbors get the gifts they've already pre-selected as their choices.

If there were one button to press to give gifts all at once, then I would feel as if I've found the perfect game. And it would be better for players, too, because they wouldn't keep getting culture when they asked for main hall, etc. If you go fast through the list, as I do, it's bound to happen sometime.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Because the game is progressive, the players must, I think, progress in their approach. At first the challenge is just learning the game -- what each icon does and what you need to do to get through the first 5 chapters. Then comes the challenge of learning how to do the Guest Races, Tournament, and Spire all at once. Finally, as you get to a certain point around chapter 10 or so, you move into a different attitude. Having mastered the basics at the beginning, the guest races at the middle, and now learning how to do the various military or catering challenges while still moving ahead, you, in the end, come to the place where you've pretty much mastered all that. At that point you have to be more competitive and/or "outgoing." In other words, you have to start considering your rank and the rank of your fellowship -- more competitive, and/or you have to find your focus in the people you meet.

I'm in Chapter 18 and there are few challenges I can't meet pretty easily. However, while that does make the game a bit tedious, it doesn't mean it's not fun. My fun comes from three sources. Leading my fellowship; moving my fellowship toward goals; and the forum. I believe most players, in the end game, find these things more fun than the game itself. Not all end game players, of course, but most. They simply find their fun in the players instead of the play.

But here's another idea. Sometimes it's tedious because you spend too much time on it. If you have one city this is less a problem, but if you have three, four, five, six, seven...or more .... I imagine it can be very, very tedious and rapidly become boring. So, in my opinion, most players should have three or less cities and if they start to get bored, focus on one. Then get involved in your fellowship and interact.

I'm not sure how Inno can help with the move from game-skills based playing enjoyment, to people-based enjoyment, and maybe they can't, but anything in that direction would certainly help in my enjoyment. Like in game recruitment help, wider chat abilities, multi tabbed mail system (with personalized lists of players so you can set up mail groups). In other words, better player communication options for the most part.

Anyway, I hope this helps you find some fun again. Otherwise, I would also suggest a long break might be in order.

AJ

bkbajb

Because the game is progressive, the players must, I think, progress in their approach. At first the challenge is just learning the game -- what each icon does and what you need to do to get through the first 5 chapters. Then comes the challenge of learning how to do the Guest Races, Tournament, and Spire all at once. Finally, as you get to a certain point around chapter 10 or so, you move into a different attitude. Having mastered the basics at the beginning, the guest races at the middle, and now learning how to do the various military or catering challenges while still moving ahead, you, in the end, come to the place where you've pretty much mastered all that. At that point you have to be more competitive and/or "outgoing." In other words, you have to start considering your rank and the rank of your fellowship -- more competitive, and/or you have to find your focus in the people you meet.

I'm in Chapter 18 and there are few challenges I can't meet pretty easily. However, while that does make the game a bit tedious, it doesn't mean it's not fun. My fun comes from three sources. Leading my fellowship; moving my fellowship toward goals; and the forum. I believe most players, in the end game, find these things more fun than the game itself. Not all end game players, of course, but most. They simply find their fun in the players instead of the play.

But here's another idea. Sometimes it's tedious because you spend too much time on it. If you have one city this is less a problem, but if you have three, four, five, six, seven...or more .... I imagine it can be very, very tedious and rapidly become boring. So, in my opinion, most players should have three or less cities and if they start to get bored, focus on one. Then get involved in your fellowship and interact.

I'm not sure how Inno can help with the move from game-skills based playing enjoyment, to people-based enjoyment, and maybe they can't, but anything in that direction would certainly help in my enjoyment. Like in game recruitment help, wider chat abilities, multi tabbed mail system (with personalized lists of players so you can set up mail groups). In other words, better player communication options for the most part.

Anyway, I hope this helps you find some fun again. Otherwise, I would also suggest a long break might be in order.

AJ

The problem is that a lot of players want the game to be easy. Once you get to chapter 14 the game changes. It becomes a lot more challenging. That turns some people off. Personally to see how my city changes from the beginning of a chapter to the end is enjoyable. How much better I am in the tournaments/spire compared to a year ago is also enjoyable. I do not want Inno to make it easier, where is the fun/challenge in that? I can only imagine what chapter 20 and beyond will bring.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It becomes a lot more challenging. That turns some people off.
What do you define as challenging? I find the settlement stuff the most boring aspect of the game and it feels like it gets worse each chapter as you progress until ultimately, you’re watching paint dry in real time. Yet, I don’t use my portal profits because I’d just be speeding things up to spin in place again next chapter. The Spire has an end so once you’ve mastered climbing, there isn’t much more challenge to it as the difficulty is same for everyone. That leaves only tourney, which is more open ended, but you can keep going into more provinces until you cry uncle. So if I don’t continue to push tourney, yes, I would be very bored. This game would just be chatting. It’ll be like I have to switch FS for no other reason than find new people to chat with. lol