• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the game fun again

defiantoneks

i think that, because of the above statement, my suggestion would be to implement some of what is available in FOE. Set up some side adventures, like creating a settlement or colony in a new space. dont have it linked to the main questline, so it would be optional. have the materials and prizes only good for that colony, so no advantage in your main city if you do it… just something to do whilst the paint dries.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Ugh. Please don’t. I am not for making Elvenar more like FoE. If I want to play FoE, I’ll play FoE! What is the point of two games with the same game play?? Maybe people who want more FoE can create a second/third/fourth/fifth city in FoE for 2x-5x the FoE fun they're craving. It’ll be like Zynga making the same game with different skins until the whole thing crash and burns bc they don’t actually have a creative bone in their body. I do not like FoE. The game has no cohesion, like why is my medieval city making cakes and party hats for St. Patrick’s Day? Why is there a giant 19th century blimp or sweets factory in my medieval city? Why are we suddenly playing football and/or soccer (like two different sports and not just calling soccer football because we have German overlords)? Why am I randomly playing a Viking or Egyptian city on the side? We are already building random settlements in Elvenar. That’s what the chapters are. I will however, accept a mini challenge like the 5th anniversary thing where we got the Unicorn Glade. At least that is still within the overall Elvenar theme. It's also less disruptive than an event or FA as it's part of normal play more or less and only 3 days long.

defiantoneks

ok ok … geez i was just saying, they already know how and have the code etc to be able to offer that sort of side quest. i tried FOE for a while, and with you, didn't like it. didnt like being assaulted all the time, the graphics arent nearly as nice, the materials/boost/etc is a headache.

Zoof

Ugh. Please don’t. I am not for making Elvenar more like FoE. If I want to play FoE, I’ll play FoE! What is the point of two games with the same game play?? Maybe people who want more FoE can create a second/third/fourth/fifth city in FoE for 2x-5x the FoE fun they're craving. It’ll be like Zynga making the same game with different skins until the whole thing crash and burns bc they don’t actually have a creative bone in their body. I do not like FoE. The game has no cohesion, like why is my medieval city making cakes and party hats for St. Patrick’s Day? Why is there a giant 19th century blimp or sweets factory in my medieval city? Why are we suddenly playing football and/or soccer (like two different sports and not just calling soccer football because we have German overlords)? Why am I randomly playing a Viking or Egyptian city on the side? We are already building random settlements in Elvenar. That’s what the chapters are. I will however, accept a mini challenge like the 5th anniversary thing where we got the Unicorn Glade. At least that is still within the overall Elvenar theme. It's also less disruptive than an event or FA as it's part of normal play more or less and only 3 days long.
I agree mostly with your post there. If I wanted to play FoE, I'd play that instead. Or concurrently.

Mostly because there's probably some good money to be made by introducing a seasonal American Football league when the player has gotten at least as far as the Orcs chapter. Because that's exactly the sort of thing I can see Orcs doing to your fair city

That or rugby. Or Extreme Underwater Dung Throwing

BrinDarby

as it's part of normal play more or less and only 3 days long.
yes more 2-3 days mini events, but force them to be :
Not able to be time boosted.

I remember that 1, and I remember someone saying on forum :
Pulled out some time boosters & that took me all of 2-3 hrs.
Don't allow that to happen, make ppl work for it.....

Flashfyre

if they can come up with quests that arent tied to your supposed chapter, scout, etc.
if "Scout a province" takes me 4 days, not really gonna work in a 3 day event.

Similar to what I see in Star Trek Timelines; last year the developers introduced a new short-time Objective Event to help players prepare for the regular weekly event that starts on Thursday. The milestones in these events are basic daily gameplay things, like level crewmen and fight ship battles, but there are a couple that are very difficult to complete within the 2-day timeframe; most of us have figured out by now that we need to prepare days in advance for these, since there are no boosters that will help. Since the Objective Events are previewed a week before they become active, we know what we have to save or collect and hold until the Tuesday release.

There is still some discontent amongst the player base, expressed on the official forum, that these milestones shouldn't require the expenditure of game currency (dilithium, similar to diamonds) to purchase crew packs or other things just to fulfill the requirements each week. The rewards are not that spectacular anyhow, mostly crafting supplies (equipment components, replicator rations, and such) that are not in short supply unless you are a low-level captain.

crackie

Or Extreme Underwater Dung Throwing
Unlike most people here, I am allergic to books and reading so I may not be the foremost expert on this topic, but I get the feeling Orcs don’t like water.

Nerwa

Unlike most people here, I am allergic to books and reading so I may not be the foremost expert on this topic, but I get the feeling Orcs don’t like water.

Depends on the source of the water, I expect. Plain water, straight up? Nope. Water that's got *bits* in it and, ideally, has aged a bit? Top stuff!

Zoof

I wouldn't think orcs would have a problem with the water itself. Now... the bar of evil soap nearby is something I'd be afraid of if I were an orc. I mean, would there be anything left after a good lathering?

As such, any Orc Raid I've seen prioritizes the destruction of public hygiene centers and other soap+water facilities like car washes and dentist offices.

Flashfyre

As such, any Orc Raid I've seen prioritizes the destruction of public hygiene centers and other soap+water facilities like car washes and dentist offices.

Laundromats...absolutely abhor laundromats. Orc mothers threaten their little ones with a visit to the laundromat if they won't go to bed/do their chores/finish their homework/eat their maggots/stop attacking their siblings/etc.

Nerwa

And I'm not telling you how they get the fizzy in the water....

...and don't even think about asking about the water source!

Laundromats...absolutely abhor laundromats. Orc mothers threaten their little ones with a visit to the laundromat if they won't go to bed/do their chores/finish their homework/eat their maggots/stop attacking their siblings/etc.

Ooh, yes. And if the young 'uns get sassy while on a road trip? "Don't make me find a car wash!!"

bkbajb

What do you define as challenging? I find the settlement stuff the most boring aspect of the game and it feels like it gets worse each chapter as you progress until ultimately, you’re watching paint dry in real time. Yet, I don’t use my portal profits because I’d just be speeding things up to spin in place again next chapter. The Spire has an end so once you’ve mastered climbing, there isn’t much more challenge to it as the difficulty is same for everyone. That leaves only tourney, which is more open ended, but you can keep going into more provinces until you cry uncle. So if I don’t continue to push tourney, yes, I would be very bored. This game would just be chatting. It’ll be like I have to switch FS for no other reason than find new people to chat with. lol

Then what would you suggest? I see everything you find boring. This game is designed to be slow and challenging. I am in no rush. My city grows, I see where I make mistakes and then correct them. I look to see what I need to get prepared for. Good luck. Maybe another action packed game is what you need. For a lot of this who have played this game for sometime see each chapter as they are, new challenges. Not everyone is into that.

crackie

I see everything you find boring.
I didn’t say everything is boring, just the settlement stuff is the most boring challenge to me. It only requires more space and time (or portal profits to skip). I have not portal profit through any chapter yet so I have played out every chapter. Each chapter progressively requires more time, not because it’s any harder, but the build times for everything is longer. Like some things literally take over 12hrs to craft and then you might have to build more crap out of the raw materials afterwards. Making something 12+ hrs to craft instead of 4hrs doesn’t make it more challenging. It makes it slower. And if you are meant to be able to skip through this challenge with portal profits, then it is also not much of a challenge, is it?

I enjoy the social/group elements—Spire and yes, FAs. It doesn’t matter how good you are as an individual in the Spire because you can’t get the big diamonds at the end unless everyone climbs together. So the stronger players have to teach the weak how to climb until the group can do it collectively. Unfortunately, the Spire has an end so once you’ve hit Gold, then you’ve collective mastered the challenge. Since I built a FS from scratch, we’ve already done the hardest possible Spire challenge, which is getting to Gold starting with nothing. Likewise, in FAs, it doesn’t matter how big your shantytown spread is unless you also show up for your team during the shootout.
This game is designed to be slow and challenging.
I don’t think there is a way to play a more challenging version of the game than the one I am already playing. Not everyone cares to master the triumvirate of Spire, FA, and tourney. I’m in Gold Spire FS, have won several FAs, and one of my FS gets 19 chests so it’s a very pedal to the metal style of play. On top of that, I create my own fun and challenges, like owning and operating a Lvl 19 Dust Museum. Two days ago, I got a msg from a random neighbor asking what happened to my museum since I haven’t put my city back after the last FA yet. I have visitors who miss it!

Flashfyre

I didn’t say everything is boring, just the settlement stuff is the most boring challenge to me. It only requires more space and time (or portal profits to skip). I have not portal profit through any chapter yet so I have played out every chapter. Each chapter progressively requires more time, not because it’s any harder, but the build times for everything is longer. Like some things literally take over 12hrs to craft and then you might have to build more crap out of the raw materials afterwards. Making something 12+ hrs to craft instead of 4hrs doesn’t make it more challenging. It makes it slower. And if you are meant to be able to skip through this challenge with portal profits, then it is also not much of a challenge, is it?

From Elementals onwards, I believe, PPs won't let you accumulate all the necessary goods to advance out of the settlement quickly; for example, Elementals PPs only give Elvenar Essence. You still have to make/acquire sentient goods and manifestations and minerals in order to unlock tech and upgrade stuff.

I always used my PPs to help upgrade my Portal ASAP, so as to get the most out of my settlement factories. But this is the first chapter where the Portal upgrades cost goods that can only be gotten by building the factories. I'm in for a long haul to finish this chapter, I'm afraid.

Lady Dastardly

From Elementals onwards, I believe, PPs won't let you accumulate all the necessary goods to advance out of the settlement quickly
You'll be happy to know that Amuni can be done with PP's, although you do need T5 sentient goods as well.

But this is the first chapter where the Portal upgrades cost goods that can only be gotten by building the factories.
Not quite: Fairies, Orcs, and Sorcerers & Dragons portal upgrades also required settlement production goods.

I'm in for a long haul to finish this chapter, I'm afraid
I did Elementals in one of my cities with 10-12 canals, 1 of each manifestation at lvl 1 and PP's. Really didn't take too long to do it that way, if you're so inclined. I'm doing the full settlement in my other city right now, and I am already regretting my decision. :oops:

Tehya1

My bigger cities are all parked at the beginning of orcs until I have all my factories, ws, barracks, tgs, and houses maxxed and I collect enough pps to slam through the rest of the ch. I will go neg pop to have room for as few guest bldgs as possible. lol The two small ones are fine because they have spire. I do admit that the tourney is tedious because of the stress of getting that last round in every week. The spire gets tedious too because I am still mostly catering, but I am working on being able to fight to the top.

If you get bored, step away and do something else or just watch your city. I get mesmerized by the pretty and the animation sometimes. I do wish the graphics team had done better with the twilight. It is fugly compared to the rest of the phoenixes.