• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac 2022

Lady Dastardly

Is this what you're looking for @BrinDarby?
x2f6j8S-FSGml90ZMHnl7iAi3S7Hk56MFVSNy0lK1eQ0HiAUFIPPl8kWcjJlwL6vuPDEBD6NCvUAlSYwVlmqMoUf2zAKQOGQ4fj4O4J9arGSbKGsUx4MKiJwQxvt2H7DgjpnHqufsktt8U24bEB045Z2J-2fmqc_H_eY9ik9kPHmIBOJDmURvrDTZw

*image copied from @Jackluyt's Platinum Leaf event notes

Count Rupert

Is this what you're looking for @BrinDarby?
x2f6j8S-FSGml90ZMHnl7iAi3S7Hk56MFVSNy0lK1eQ0HiAUFIPPl8kWcjJlwL6vuPDEBD6NCvUAlSYwVlmqMoUf2zAKQOGQ4fj4O4J9arGSbKGsUx4MKiJwQxvt2H7DgjpnHqufsktt8U24bEB045Z2J-2fmqc_H_eY9ik9kPHmIBOJDmURvrDTZw

*image copied from @Jackluyt's Platinum Leaf event notes
The math doesn't look right.
70 keys gets you 3 dust which is 23.3 per dust, not 20.
138 keys gets you 5 dust which is 27.6 per dust not 20.6
79 keys gets you 3 dust which is 26.3 per dust not 21.3
37 gets 1 dust which is 37 per dust, not 21.3
35 gets 1 dust which 35 per dust, not 30.2

Unless I'm missing something.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member

The 70 keys gives you 100 keys with 10% probability, so it gives you 10 keys back on average, so the average price is 60 keys, so 20 per dust. Similar for the other ones.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The people that make these lists always assume you win the currency prize, so the real cost and potential cost are never the same.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Does anybody know if for the event quests that specifically say "collect a big amount of coins" if coin instants will count towards that? The exact word was collect.

Ihrlaen

I wonder if you rolled coins on the Daily Bonus (from the mobile app) if that would count? I would guess so, but I don't know that such a rare occurrence has ever happened to me.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The people that make these lists always assume you win the currency prize,
I don't think this is correct. Of course, I can't get it to copy when I want it, lol, but underneath that chest table posted above (p24) in Jackluyt's event info is another table (p25) that shows how they arrived at those numbers. It appears what they consider is the number of keys available and the probability of winning those keys. Of course, this part of your post is still accurate:
the real cost and potential cost are never the same.
This is due to the nature of RNG; not to an assumption that you actually win the currency prize.

Edit to add: Thank you @Lady Dastardly for bringing that over here as well! I'm horrible with trying to copy pics.

Zoof

Does anybody know if for the event quests that specifically say "collect a big amount of coins" if coin instants will count towards that? The exact word was collect.
As others have said, it would. As would any other means of collecting coins, including quest rewards and neighborly help.

It would not have counted if the wording was "produce" instead of "collect", as is the case in supply quests these days. Much to my consternation. RIP smol cities that rely on quests for all their supply needs

EDIT: Checking back, it could be synonymous with the word "gain". If it's not, then I'm unaware of any exclusions. I've been able to complete quests involving that wording by any means. I've even completed some of those quests in the past by "collecting" coins from opening event lootboxes that would directly credit that amount.

Last edited: