• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Great Excavation (Amuni 2023) - Discussion

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I can not express how much i hate you ppl for this one.
Not because i cant.. but because if i were to express it adaquitly, ... forget 'mod editing', my post would be deleted, my forum account removed, my cities deleted, my data hacked, my identity removed form global systems, just so the elvenar owner could fly across the ocean and show up at my house with a knight stick and some knuckles.... to then express himself adequately... -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Moho

Chef
Think of the surface of the water in an aquarium. It's teeming with fish within. And on the other side are the people who own this thing.

We're trying to have some fun in this little corner of cyberspace, but for them it's just business. This forum is nothing but the surface of the water.

IMG03.jpg

Moho

Chef
But today I had fun spending the event currency I had accumulated in three cities and reaching the 80 milestone in each of them. I won a lot of troops instants too, just like I planned. We'll see if I manage to get to 260. My rough calculations seem to suggest I will probably go as far as 240.

Last edited:

Kadhrin

@Kadhrin No, it only means tournament or Spire if it says so. When a quest just says Encounter, it is always specifically world map encounters. There has never been a "generic" encounter term.
The introduction of the phrase "Province Encounters" makes the unmodified "Encounter" a generic term. They either need to stick with using Province Encounters for all occurrences when that's what they mean, or drop it.
OTOH, doing that would mean they like consistency......... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Not because i cant.. but because if i were to express it adaquitly, ... forget 'mod editing', my post would be deleted, my forum account removed, my cities deleted, my data hacked, my identity removed form global systems, just so the elvenar owner could fly across the ocean and show up at my house with a knight stick and some knuckles.... to then express himself adequately... -_-
thats hilarious... they removed the pic of the quest i posted with that. Apparently somewhere you could see the actual file name i labeled it with on my own computer. I didnt even notice. But it does go to show you how much i dont like that quest lol
fyi: it was buy 14 kp AND negotiate or fight 4 world map encounters.

I think this event has been great. The new feature to show rewards in the fog is very useful, and the new tool packages make evening out much easier (unsure about economical). It's an improvement on previous events of this type. I'm all about things moving in the right direction, so pretty good, all things considered.

Would it be nice if the set was a bit better? Yeah.

GorgeousM18657

My Great Excavations has pretty much ended. I came across a quest that will take me a week or more to complete and burn up all my instant, summoning's, and enchantments. It will take me a week to make all the CC to collect the vision vapers. I am in Chapter 4. It looks like I will just be getting shovels from the currency that spawns around my city and the free daily. At least I got the 54 quest prize and may get lucky enough to get 18 more tombstones to get the Endless Pit prize. I was Silver League but will probably only get Bronze when all is said and done.

As a new player and only being in chapter 4 they shouldn't throw you quest you can't complete in a reasonable manner. I haven't unlocked the Spire yet.

I didn't mind the 9-hour basic goods quest and all the ones that took 12 hours because of having to wait for several cycles of making stuff to meet the quest. This quest wanting 25 vision vapers is over the top.

My other 2 smaller cities on different servers so far can complete the quest with my newest one taking a day to do them. That is until they get something like this.

I am happy with my results for the Great Excavation but would of been nice to be able to finish it and maybe get silver league.

I don't spend R/L cash to play a game. It's cool if other people do but it is just not my thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-28 223822.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-28 223822.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 51

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If you can manage your FOMO, there are always chances to complete sets or evolves after the event. Fellowship Adventures are usually your best bet but other times, future events sometimes award Tomes to build past buildings or evolve them. Given this isn’t the best set we’ve seen, I don’t think you are missing much though. I doubt I will place it in any of my cities since sets are Royal Restoration pits. Another tip, though it might not be as helpful in early chapter with limited space, is most of us build mini event shantytowns to help with quests. We have temporary Level 1 T1 buildings and workshops to handle those 9hr quests and such so they are ready to go before the quest appears and wouldn’t hold us up for half a day. Hope that helps. Good luck.

GorgeousM18657

@GorgeousM18657

You are doing really well. You have 18 quests left and 12 days. It ain't over yet! Some of your regular story quests will provide CCs and spell fragments and even if you don't get to one of those, you still have time!

As for the leagues, I recommend that you ignore it. 5% of all players make it into silver which means the other 95% will not.
I am working at crafting the CC's. I was able to get 9 vison vapers this morning crafting and recycling a building back into spell fragments. I have a few event buildings I won from the Seasons of Dreams Quest I don't plan on using and those will get recycled into spell fragments. Hopefully I will win some CC's in the meantime.

Maeryn

I am working at crafting the CC's. I was able to get 9 vison vapers this morning crafting and recycling a building back into spell fragments. I have a few event buildings I won from the Seasons of Dreams Quest I don't plan on using and those will get recycled into spell fragments. Hopefully I will win some CC's in the meantime.
Keep checking your MA you can craft CC and gain vision vapers at the same time and make sure you catchup on any story quests to earn helpful goodies. My beta city managed to complete all of the event and its tail end of chapter 4

GorgeousM18657

If you can manage your FOMO, there are always chances to complete sets or evolves after the event. Fellowship Adventures are usually your best bet but other times, future events sometimes award Tomes to build past buildings or evolve them. Given this isn’t the best set we’ve seen, I don’t think you are missing much though. I doubt I will place it in any of my cities since sets are Royal Restoration pits. Another tip, though it might not be as helpful in early chapter with limited space, is most of us build mini event shantytowns to help with quests. We have temporary Level 1 T1 buildings and workshops to handle those 9hr quests and such so they are ready to go before the quest appears and wouldn’t hold us up for half a day. Hope that helps. Good luck.
I took the advice of someone that posted earlier and built a bunch of T1 buildings in the free space and the expansions I was able to get. I don't plan on evolving these set pieces. These set pieces are nice for the amount of goods they produce for right now and will help a lot. I have 3 pieces and a pyramid I won so far. I have upgrade some of the T1 buildings to lvl 4 so if I get those quest that want a building upgraded to lvl 5. Then I sell the buildings off as needed and upgrade another to lvl 4. This set pieces will probably get recycled into spell fragments once I get into later chapters and get a better set. My strategy so far is to do mix of catering and fighting on the quest.

I appreciate all the advice and your strategy with the temporary shanty towns works really well.

I played another game called Evony for a couple years and had a lot of bad advice from people in our alliance that set everyone back for months. The players that bought lots of game packs eventually ended up ruining all the servers. They formed big alliances and pushed out all the smaller alliances out of the game until you had a dead server with 2 big alliances.

GorgeousM18657

Keep checking your MA you can craft CC and gain vision vapers at the same time and make sure you catchup on any story quests to earn helpful goodies. My beta city managed to complete all of the event and its tail end of chapter 4
I am at the tail end of chapter 4 ATM and stuck on the story quest right now as it wants me to upgrade the academy and barracks which I don't want to do. I have to move into chapter 5 so I am able to decline this story quest and get some new ones. I am working on crafting's the CC's. My MA is lvl 2 which helps some.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
This set pieces will probably get recycled into spell fragments once I get into later chapters and get a better set. My strategy so far is to do mix of catering and fighting on the quest.
BTW, you can't frag them if you place them down in your city, unless you teleport them back into inventory. Selling them only gives supplies and coins. Also, the Spire gives CCs both as individual chest rewards and group rewards at the end, depending on how your FS did for the week. Craft that Moonstone set if you haven’t already from MA as it also gives a CC when completed. At level 5, MA can only make 4CCs in 24hrs. Supplementing CCs from elsewhere will make MA more useful. Enchantments can also be won as tourney or dingbat event prizes. You don’t have to make everything yourself that the quests asks for.

Moho

Chef
This set pieces will probably get recycled into spell fragments once I get into later chapters and get a better set.
This is not a good idea. The main event building is in general a much better building than most regular ones (sets included). If you don't want to keep them in your city, you can teleport them into your Inventory. When you have played the game for a while, you will be better at deciding what to do with them.

Rushing to turn things into spell fragments is not wise either unless there is an emergency. Make sure you keep many options open so that you will be able to benefit from a wide range of advantages that the game offers.

Also, rushing through the chapters may not be the best strategy either. If you take your time and develop your settlement at a leisurely pace, your city will be a more powerful one and everybody will probably envy your state of mind.

GorgeousM18657

BTW, you can't frag them if you place them down in your city, unless you teleport them back into inventory. Selling them only gives supplies and coins. Also, the Spire gives CCs both as individual chest rewards and group rewards at the end, depending on how your FS did for the week. Craft that Moonstone set if you haven’t already from MA as it also gives a CC when completed. At level 5, MA can only make 4CCs in 24hrs. Supplementing CCs from elsewhere will make MA more useful. Enchantments can also be won as tourney or dingbat event prizes. You don’t have to make everything yourself that the quests asks for.
I haven't unlocked the Spire yet. I get a lot of enchantments from the different quest, tournaments and neighbor help. I only have one piece of the moonstone library so far. I haven't seen any others come up in the crafting menu.

I did make the witch's hut. Also the Phoenix Egg. That is why I don't have many CC ATM.

I won enough enchantments to finish the quest once I collect the required vision vapors.

GorgeousM18657

This is not a good idea. The main event building is in general a much better building than most regular ones (sets included). If you don't want to keep them in your city, you can teleport them into your Inventory. When you have played the game for a while, you will be better at deciding what to do with them.

Rushing to turn things into spell fragments is not wise either unless there is an emergency. Make sure you keep many options open so that you will be able to benefit from a wide range of advantages that the game offers.

Also, rushing through the chapters may not be the best strategy either. If you take your time and develop your settlement at a leisurely pace, your city will be a more powerful one and everybody will probably envy your state of mind.
Good advice. I can't do anything with the event buildings ATM as I already placed them. It will be a very long time before I get anymore teleport buildings. I was rushing to get the spire unlocked and after that slow down on things and develop my city more.

Once I have the spire unlocked I can apply to some fellowships. The one I am in now is not active. No one does the tournaments so far.

Rp44

Something else to look for is that some recipes give a better Vision Vapor return on investment than others. Frozen flames and codices other than lava are fantastic for vision vapor quests if they come up.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I haven't unlocked the Spire yet. I get a lot of enchantments from the different quest, tournaments and neighbor help. I only have one piece of the moonstone library so far. I haven't seen any others come up in the crafting menu.

I did make the witch's hut. Also the Phoenix Egg. That is why I don't have many CC ATM.

I won enough enchantments to finish the quest once I collect the required vision vapors.
When you want to, a good idea is to start saving up your CCs so when the Moonstine Library main set building pops up in the MA you will be able to craft it. It took me a while to save as it was expensive. I think it was 20 or 25 CCs?