• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire - Let players choose between regular prize or spell fragments.

Saphirarya

I did read the instructions, and I hope I am doing this correctly.

The suggestion:
Instead of the top bosses having spell fragments as one of the prizes, put the prizes back to the way they were, but offer an option to convert your prize to spell fragments if you'd rather have those. So, for example, the user defeats the Lab Boss, and their random prize roll gets them a 100% Supply Instant. When that prize window pops up, have a check box where they can choose to keep that supply instant, or convert it to 4,000 spell fragments. That way, people who need spell fragment can choose them instead, but those of us who would rather not get spell fragments can pick the regular prize. Seems like a win-win for everyone (except maybe the programmers, lol). I'm only suggesting this for the bosses at the very end of the Gateway, High Halls, and Laboratory.

Pros: People who don't want spell fragments can pick the regular prize, and people who do want them can pick spell fragments. There are many in my fellowship who feel that, with the addition of spell fragments as a top boss prize, the Spire has lost its value. A lot of troops, coins, goods, supplies, seeds, mana are used in getting to the top of the Spire. Winning spell fragments from those top bosses makes us feel like we just wasted all those resources.

Cons: None that I can see. And even though I joked about programming in my suggestion, we have a lot of buildings with switchable production. It seems like it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to make switchable prizes. But, I am not a programmer, so I don't really know what is involved in trying to implement something like this.

Thank you for considering my idea.

~Saph~

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As someone who just got 4K from the big boss at the top this week (on my other ID), I would love to see this happen. After getting spell frags all the way up, that was what I was dreading. (Why do you always seem to get what you're really dreading?)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
But they don't convert to 4000 spell fragments.

And you think Inno is going to pay attention to this suggestion just because people want to be greedy?
I've said elsewhere I think 4000frags is a crappy prize for top of spire.
But I really think this suggestion is a non starter.
And the reasons should be obvious.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
And you think Inno is going to pay attention to this suggestion just because people want to be greedy?

1) What is the "greedy" thing people want to which you refer and why is it "greedy" exactly (with the connotations of the word "greedy" intact since it is not a morally neutral word).

2) How do you convert "any prize" to spell fragments?

3) Why is 4000 SF not equal to, say, a dwarven armorer? Is there a list of what prize is worth what number of spell fragments, or a formula for conversion?

In other words I'm lacking information needed to make it obvious why this can't be done. Please enlighten my uninformed brain. Thanks!

AJ

Siorse

This is not constructive to the conversation really. If you have anything useful to say or any ideas to add I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear them.

Siorse

For myself, I like Saph's idea. Not being a dev I can't see any issues with this. I'm one of the people who is ready to just quit the spire entirely because of how many spell fragments I've been getting from the bosses.
I don't see the cost/benefit of spending all the resources to negotiate to get them. Yes I could fight and would normally but I'm in the process of building my troops back up from our last push.
This is what it cost me for 1 boss yesterday and my "reward" was 2k Fragments-
2,790,000 gold; 27,900 supplies; 8,900 silk; 17,400 gems; 4,800 seeds-NOT a good trade imo.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Siorse
I climb the spire for the diamonds from fellowship rewards. Everything else is just a nice little swag bag full of goodies.
I must confess that extra frags make my swag bag sparkle, imo. Not as much as diamonds, but with fellowship rewards the diamonds are guaranteed.

Siorse

For me the diamonds are usually a wash unless I'm fighting. I've tried the various formulae/tricks out there to solve negotiations with the least resources but they seem no better than my guesses lol. I do the spire in hopes of getting DAs or other useful buildings and for the CCs-NOT for fragments

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Somewhere up-thread someone asked if there was a formula for conversion of resources in inventory to Spell Fragments (SF). I thought I had something on that, and I finally found it!
The following is copied from my Google spreadsheet where I thought I had a list of SF value/resource. It seems I had a partial list, and quit, lol! It is large (thus under a 'spoiler'; click to open) and a quick look at my MA said it's still accurate (for as far as it goes).
Buildings in the Summonings tab are straight-forward at 60 SF/square as well as Artifacts at 2000 SF/each. You can see at the bottom where I basically gave up, lol! Instants that come in a variety of amounts (ex: coin rains, portal profits, supply instants, etc) follow a logical progression from highest amount to lowest amount. Ex: a 100% instant will give more SF than a 5% instant. There is probably a logical progression within each type of instant by amount, but I quit before I got there...
Level 5 Magic AcademyAmount of SF increases with each MA lvl
Resource to fragSF Formula
Summonings:60 SF/square
Enchantments:
PoP60 SF/each
EE60 SF/each
MM120 SF/each
IM90 SF/each
Pet Food600 SF/each
Teleport300 SF/each
Need to do more work on the following:
Sorceries:
TomesNo idea: varies from 20 SF for Tome of Wonders to 2000 SF for Tomes with Artifacts
Instants:
Artifacts2000 SF/each
AWKP30KP = 940 SF/eachReduces for each lower value instant;
3KP = 136 SF/each
Vitality Surge100% = 120 SF/eachReduces for each lower value instant
10% = 12 SF/each
I QUIT!!
Pretty obvious there is a formula for defragging everything, lol! I'm just not going to try to figure it out for the individual
Instants and Tomes.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Is there a list of what prize is worth what number of spell fragments, or a formula for conversion?

In other words I'm lacking information needed to make it obvious why this can't be done. Please enlighten my uninformed brain. Thanks!

AJ

I'm not one of the math lovers here. If I want to know what something is worth I juat go to inventory and click on disenchant.
For example they'll give you 360 frags for a Dw Armorer. Which is way undervalued to me. I wouldn't give up a DA for 10000 frags. But should make DW haters like Alram happy.
The value of these things are different depending on play style and chapter.

This is not constructive to the conversation really. If you have anything useful to say or any ideas to add I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear them.

I missed the announcement when you were made a Mod.
Belated congratulations.
But I am sorry you are not able to see that everything I've said here is directly relevant to the suggestion.

PS
It is probably not proper to try to speak for the group while it still says "new" under your name.

Siorse

muck
I'm not one of the math lovers here. If I want to know what something is worth I juat go to inventory and click on disenchant.
For example they'll give you 360 frags for a Dw Armorer. Which is way undervalued to me. I wouldn't give up a DA for 10000 frags. But should make DW haters like Alram happy.
The value of these things are different depending on play style and chapter.

I missed the announcement when you were made a Mod.
Belated congratulations.
But I am sorry you are not able to see that everything I've said here is directly relevant to the suggestion.

PS
It is probably not proper to try to speak for the group while it still says "new" under your name.
#ignored
I don't like your tone-overbearing and sarcastic so☝️

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2) How do you convert "any prize" to spell fragments?

3) Why is 4000 SF not equal to, say, a dwarven armorer? Is there a list of what prize is worth what number of spell fragments, or a formula for conversion?
I'm surprised you've been playing this long and haven't noticed the disenchant button:
1681792908008.png

1681792921717.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm in agreement that fragments are the last thing some of us want as a prize, but on the surface this needs an adjustment or it violates the contract that if you pay diamonds to upgrade your Magic Academy, you get more fragments per prize than people who don't pay to upgrade it. If they stick to that commitment, then some people will get more or fewer fragments for the prize than others, which is probably not a big deal, but may require and adjustment to the idea.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
#ignored
I don't like your tone-overbearing and sarcastic so☝️
Ignoring is fine, but Muck is right that none of us non-mods has any real business suggesting someone's input doesn't deserve to be here. We do have the option to report posts if we think they violate site terms, but if a comment comes across as implying someone else's input isn't good enough and they shouldn't share it unless it's agreeable we're really straying into moderator territory. Muck is abrasive*, possibly deliberately so, and their opinion is almost always worth looking at, even if we don't agree.

* Ok, more abrasive than me (in my opinion. YMMV. Opinion not valid where prohibited by law or for persons who have blocked me.).