• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Now, regarding the opening of Discord and the closure of the Forums; Opinions vary.
Not by much judging by this thread, and the comments in all the other ones. Iv only seen one person that said they advocated for it. Everyone else hates the idea.
And to be clear, for at least me personally, its not the opening of a discord channel that i feel is a problem, its the closing of these forums that will be the problem. And you kind of touched on why in your own response.
That being said, the Elvenar Discord server was launched with something in mind that can make the community's voices more "live"
Yea, it is likely to be a more 'live' feeling as you put it. But that also means so much will get lost quickly. Ppl dont get on discord and see '50+ messages' since last log in, and actually go back and read every single one... they generally ignore it unless they are looking for something specific. - Further more, discord can only really be organized down to a topic header; like 'general chat' or 'suggestions and ideas'. Not down to the specific thread. So ALL conversation on the topic will be at one spot. 20 different ppl talking about 20 different things, all talking over one another is a big mess of a channel. It will be a disaster.

Though, I do understand that things are heated, but try to bear in mind this isn't our decision.
True, but this is all were given to voice an opinion. Even if inno generally ignore it. So this is where is goes.

On the other hand, maybe thats part of the plan.. Inno has been increasly doing things the player base doesnt like lately. And its been getting worse every month. Thats why it can feel like 90% of the posts on here are complaints. Maybe this fourm shut down to a less user friendly service is just another way they are trying to shut everyone up and ignore them while still being able to make the bs claim that they are listening to us. .. At this point is feels like inno is run by politicians. A bunch of ppl standing around telling us how much they value our opinion while turnings around, ignoring it, and doing what ever they want anyway. Often, the exact opposite of what they said they would do'

I dont get it.. they had a short period of doing good work; fa badge collection adjustment, UI improvements, quest improvements... then its like they said 'to hell with it' and started undoing some of that and making increasingly worse decisions every day since then...

Wizard Howl

I think it has the potential to be more flexible and user-friendly than this forum, but not if you/Inno doesn't allow people to do things like add screen-shots, post links, etc. And why don't we have separate channels for the worlds on the US server? Frankly, right now it's a confusing mess the way it's been set up. Even if it improves, I hope it won't replace this forum - players like to be able to go to something in-game and not to have to join yet another social network. Discord is rumoured to be a bit dubious in terms of how much it intrudes into your privacy; I don't think it's cool to force players to use it in order to get information and help.

Mighty Peach

Discord is great for communication between people/members, such as a guild, or a community. It does have that immersive quality over a forum.

A forum is great for documentation over the long term. There's no substitute for this. All the information on here is invaluable to the community.

Having both makes sense. Why get rid of the forums?

Shae-Leigh

Rushing in Place
I agree with Mighty Peach. Both platforms have their benefits, I am just not sure they will be interchangeable.

While I spend little time in the forum, if I have a question I can just pop in, find the topic and research. I am not sure that will be possible in discord. With the size of the group, and the number of posts, I can't imagine (as it currently is) being able to find the game info easily. But if there is a solution for that, then I am happy with discord.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
No the discord feedback is for feedback on new announcements, not about the switch to discord
The head line is 'feedback threads'. Implying all feedback. Not a 'feedback announcement' and a separate 'feedback general'.
But we (or at-least I) am not allowed to make any threads to give feedback. Which means that only those higher ups, with permission to post, are allowed to create a topic for feedback. So as it is right now.. we are only allowed to give feedback on topics the higher ups approve of and post on there own.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
The head line is 'feedback threads'. Implying all feedback. Not a 'feedback announcement' and a separate 'feedback general'.
But we (or at-least I) am not allowed to make any threads to give feedback. Which means that only those higher ups, with permission to post, are allowed to create a topic for feedback. So as it is right now.. we are only allowed to give feedback on topics the higher ups approve of and post on there own.
The feedback post is there for the 1.183 update and you can post a reply. No you can not make a new feedback thread.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I joined the Elvenar forum because I wanted to have one place for one game ... I was tired of social media that pulls me in all directions. When you go on Facebook to visit Platinum Leaf, you get pulled into other things, and more other things, and more other things ... pretty soon you've sucked the time out of your whole day and not realized how many minutes you've done nothing but stupid stuff. Coming to the Elvenar forum meant I was learning about Elvenar or helping others to learn about Elvenar. Simple.

I don't know how discord is but I know other social media. Irritating as heck, especially the flood of messages from guys who want a date just because of your stupid picture (and believe me, I don't do provocative or sultry, so there's no reason for them to think I'd be interested). No one is going to suck me back into that. If I have to give this up, I'll do something useful with my time. I won't wind up a social media junkie.

hvariidh gwendrot

alot of discord going on in here, i don't do social media either so for good or bad i won't join discord, as far as discussion on the topic i'm sure it has to do with some sort of way inno can save money or get paid to move people on to discord, if it aint broke don't fix it doesn't seem to apply for inno thought process

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really don't understand this decision to move to any of the social media platforms or apps, as the user base for this game has always skewed older. I remember when Inno still released that kind of info, retired women were the largest demographic of players of the game. The only reason I can see for this change now is a combination of the majority of new players coming to the game are younger and the older players are quitting or dying, sadly.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I really don't understand this decision to move to any of the social media platforms or apps, as the user base for this game has always skewed older. I remember when Inno still released that kind of info, retired women were the largest demographic of players of the game. The only reason I can see for this change now is a combination of the majority of new players coming to the game are younger and the older players are quitting or dying, sadly.
I'm still here, and I'm no kid, lol. But the only reason I can see for this change is so they don't have to pay forum moderators (and they probably were hard pressed to get those ... I've heard that they pay for only a few hours but mods wind up doing more.)

JackofShadows

I think this is a dreadful idea. Discord has its place, but unless you open a new channel for every single discussion, it will be impossible to keep a discussion on topic. The simple fact is: Discord does not have a robust "thread" mechanism.

With Discord, you have multiple discussions going on at one time, and it's VERY easy for posts to get overlooked if a single discussion becomes dominant.

Y'all have got a plow horse (Discord) and are trying to run it in the Kentucky Derby.

Smooper

I am happy for a Discord server. I like using Discord with full functionality. Not sure how this one will work but that is to be determined. If the people who want a forum really desire it, create one. I have started several forums in the last 20 years. It's not hard and is free (last time I used one), if you don't mind banner ads. I am mostly worried about the Elvenar guide that has been made by the hundreds of great users here and hope we have a way to access this information.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm still here, and I'm no kid, lol. But the only reason I can see for this change is so they don't have to pay forum moderators (and they probably were hard pressed to get those ... I've heard that they pay for only a few hours but mods wind up doing more.)

I know the CMs are paid employees, but it was my understanding that someone who is strictly a forum moderator was doing it as a volunteer job and not being paid. Now, the ones who both moderate a forum and answer Support tickets would be paid employees, I would hope, though at times, past comments by mods or CMs made it sound like that was volunteer work too.

But there are other ways killing the forums will save Inno money, such as maintaining the servers they are hosted on, the cost of electricity to keep those servers turned on 24/7, the cost of future physical upgrades to the host servers, and so on. Now they can keep all that money and have everything on social media: Facebook and Instagram and Discord, plus their Youtube channel.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
If the people who want a forum really desire it, create one.
Why would we create one? ... We are literally communicating in one already. You literally just posted in the elvenar forums... They should just leave these forums active.

Side note: Creating a new fourm would only be a player driven forums. This one here is 'supposed' to be our connection channel with inno themselves. We lose all that in a player ran fourm.