• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Official Elvenar Discord server

Yogi Dave

I'm glad you added a feedback thread for us. Thanks, @-Solaris-

Here's a copy of what I posted in a tread I started since there wasn't a feedback thread then.
------------
The announcement Join now the official Elvenar Discord server! says this:

But wait, what about the forums?

Don't worry, the forums will still be available for a while, even if we are gradually shifting our focus to the Discord server. In the long term, we plan to fully transition to Discord, but for at least the upcoming months the forums will remain open and accessible.

We hope you'll give Discord a try and join us there. We can't wait to see you and hear your thoughts and suggestions. Let's make Elvenar even more awesome together!
---------------------
First questions for the company.
Why are we going to be forced to move to another platform if we want to contribute to the community?
What is the motivation behind such a move?
Don't you think a lot of people who contribute won't want to move to a social media platform?
What will become of the tremendous amount of information that has accumulated in the forums?

I can think of several reasons for the move, but they are all cynical and don't really matter. The questions are for Inno, but this is as good a place as any to express us to express our opinions about this. I, for one, am outraged by the concept.

@Elovios, can you give us more information than the press release you placed. Maybe even answering my questions? Beta has the exact same release except for two things. Ours is formatted a little prettier and the complimentary close, here is "Best regards". There it's "Kind regards". So, actually no difference.

...and the last paragraph saying, "we can't wait to see you and hear your thoughts and suggestions." really has no meaning if you don't give us a link to give our thoughts.
------------

CiraKelley

@-Solaris-
Will US sub channels be added?
Will sub channels be added for certain topics, such as tournaments, spire of eternity, events, etc. be added to Discord? At the moment, there are not enough game related topic channels available on Elvenar Discord. It's too vague and confusing as it is right now.
Will all forum threads be archived on Discord?
If not, then where can players, staff, media and INNO management find past information for Elvenar once the forums become obsolete?

Will we be able to post links or pictures at some point, with mod approval?
Will mod bots be added to make the new discord server easier for customers to use?
When exactly will these forums be obsolete?
Thanks!

Yogi Dave

How about a more constructive response, please
Discord is a large social media platform. A lot of people don't like to join them. I'm one. That being said, my FS uses discord for information sharing and it works well enough, but many members don't want to join it, which is fine. In fact, we had a youngster join our FS for a short while. We didn't realize his age until he said, "My mother won't let me join Discord."

This forum and my FS's Discord group are the only social media I use. No, Facebook, not X, formerly known as Twitter or any of the other services. for me. Basically, I don't trust them to give away private info as Facebook has done may times followed by an 'Oops' or 'you can op out'. But that's always after the info was shared and the 'op out' was mentioned deep in the EULA.

As an aside, the phrase "X, formerly known as Twitter" always makes me remember the phrase "the singer formerly known as Prince".

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
How about a more constructive response, please
This is an unhappy thread. Asking us to provide a "more constructive response" to this news is the equivalent of telling us to pretend to be happy.

Nope. Not happy. Not joining Discord.

Oh sad day! I am going to miss this forum and its members.

Edit: @getmomo, I agree it sucks all the way around! There is no upside to this for me!

Edit: To be fair, I am sure I will find something else to do with the time I spent here, but I don't want to, I liked spending time here!.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Discord has its uses. But as a forum replacement, it will fail. Forums for this are nice because its so much better organized. You can break it down by topic and then by thread. Single spot for a single idea. Not saying the conversation always stays that clean... but the over all organization is nice.
In discord, we will have a head line topic but everything under that will all be in a single discussion. It would be the equivlent of every thread in 'general disscussion' here all being talked about in the same window. It will be a disaster.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
This won't go well unless they add separate channels inside their discord server to have separated sections. I understand this is only their first day, but do feel before they launched it to us in game that it should have been finished getting set up first. And I pray they allow link sharing like most baking discord servers do. Also, all the hard work everybody did.... the Scrolls of Knowledge.... are they at least going to transfer that over into a separate section on discord for everybody? Or are we starting from scratch and copying and pasting everything after they make the sections for us and giving certain people the status in there to post all that stuff in the section and edit abilities so nobody can comment in that section?
@-Solaris- @Astram
EDIT: Are they also changing the rating of the game in the playstores to the age recommendations to the same rating as the recommendations that discord has in the playstore?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I checked some of Inno's other game forums. They aren't being shut down. Just us Elvanar people. It's been a pleasure getting to know you all.
I won't be joining a place called, "discord," but I will head over to the playstore and start looking for a new game. There's no reason to wait until they actually shut off the lights.:(

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I checked some of Inno's other game forums. They aren't being shut down. Just us Elvanar people. It's been a pleasure getting to know you all.
I won't be joining a place called, "discord," but I will head over to the playstore and start looking for a new game. There's no reason to wait until they actually shut off the lights.:(
I hope you still end up playing your city. Not everybody uses discord for all their games. You can still get information through your fellowship! I understand, but just hope you might end up playing again later without feeling the need to do the social media.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I checked some of Inno's other game forums. They aren't being shut down. Just us Elvanar people.

But how many total forums for those other games? Elvenar has a different forum for each country/language, plus two for English and one for Beta, so over 20 different forums they have to keep track of, have staffed, and keep working. It is a shame they are not just streamlining instead, and keeping the two or three most used forums, which I would guess would be the US, EN/International, and German.

Elovios

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hello,

I would like to say that the reason behind posting this announcement on my side to the announcements is simply that, it is an announcement. Our Community Manager did make a smart move and open a discussion thread, so we thank her. I didn't want you to not be heard, it was just protocol.

Now, regarding the opening of Discord and the closure of the Forums; Opinions vary. That being said, the Elvenar Discord server was launched with something in mind that can make the community's voices more "live", in regards to the shared worlds and servers from EN and US and the direct format of messages. If you look closely, there are some forum threads there as well, but of course, it doesn't have the same "vibe" and use as here.

This is an unhappy thread. Asking us to provide a "more constructive response" to this news is the equivalent of telling us to pretend to be happy.

Nope. Not happy. Not joining Discord.

Oh sad day! I am going to miss this forum and its members.

Edit: @getmomo, I agree it sucks all the way around! There is no upside to this for me!

Edit: To be fair, I am sure I will find something else to do with the time I spent here, but I don't want to, I liked spending time here!.

The moderation team tries to keep the discussion on track and have specific points being made, not generalised statements with no feedback in them. Though, I do understand that things are heated, but try to bear in mind this isn't our decision.

We can only hope to make the best out of this, let me know what you think.

CiraKelley

the Elvenar Discord server was launched with something in mind that can make the community's voices more "live", in regards to the shared worlds and servers from EN and US and the direct format of messages
There aren't any US server threads on Discord at the moment. Only a US bug reporting sub-thread. There are EN threads and a general live chat for everyone but nothing for the U.S..
P.S. to add that the EN only has 3 game servers where the US has 8...so if the intent was to share server discussions I don't think that will work. Even the ones that are similar in name (Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral) are not shared servers. They are different world maps entirely. So I hope that they won't be merged together for discussions on discord.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
There aren't any US server threads on Discord at the moment. Only a US bug reporting sub-thread. There are EN threads and a general live chat for everyone but nothing for the U.S..
P.S. to add that the EN only has 3 game servers where the US has 8...so if the intent was to share server discussions I don't think that will work. Even the ones that are similar in name (Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral) are not shared servers. They are different world maps entirely. So I hope that they won't be merged together for discussions on discord.
There is no chat for my world on there. (Sinya Arda) :/

Yogi Dave

In my FS's discord, we can't create tables or lists. Maybe it's just because we didn't dive into how it all works. It does have more emojis and even silly gifs along with the ability to get more functionality if you spend money. It works for us, but we are a small group of people. How will it work for the huge database with things such as searching and the variations of searching we have here. We have found the method for searching awkward. But again, that could just be because we didn't dive into the mechanics of it. Maybe your developers of the Elverna server had set it up to be at least as easy to use as this forum. Perhaps even better. Unfortunately, I'd have to join to see if that is so.