• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

quin629

So still no benefit to new/small players who are not in strong Spire FSs. AWs will remain out of their reach, because one thing we teach newbies is that almost no AW is worth its cost + its footprint until at least level 7 or so.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Even if they wanna be Lazy, it just might be better
to tie this stuff to CH not SS. Infact 1 of the best ways
to balance things is exactly that..... tie stuff to CH, not
things like SS or MH cap.
I am not a dev and can't remotely begin to know what they are thinking.

I am not saying SS is the right mechanic but I see some advantages to it over chapter or even MH.
  • First people can still choose to do optional techs or not, gives some strategic decisions for each player. Some of those techs might make minimal impact to your preferred wonder or maybe none of your wonders use that tech. Depends on player choice, devs like to make us pick strategic options.
  • Second the devs can scale how many techs they put in a chapter as well as the size of the increase, as they did in the recent chapters So they have more ability to tweak and scale as they add techs without mass changes to the game mechanics.
  • Chapter happens early then techs so increase could be too big at the start of a chapter and too small by the end of it.
  • MH has only 2 upgrades a ch. yes they could twek it like SS but it might imbalance other areas for them

BrinDarby

1​
+3​
6-9​
+50.000 %​
ch1​
opt​
2​
+6​
9-15​
+66.667 %​
1​
3​
+9​
15-24​
+60.000 %​
1​
opt​
4​
+12​
24-36​
+50.000 %​
ch2​
opt​
5​
+15​
36-51​
+41.667 %​
2​
opt​
6​
+18​
51-69​
+35.294 %​
2​
7​
+21​
69-90​
+30.434 %​
ch3​
8​
+24​
90-114​
+26.667 %​
3​
9​
+27​
114-141​
+23.684 %​
3​
opt​
opt​
10​
+30​
141-171​
+21.276 %​
ch4​
11​
+33​
171-204​
+19.298 %​
4​
12​
+36​
204-240​
+17.647 %​
4​
13​
+39​
240-279​
+16.250 %​
ch5​
opt​
14​
+42​
279-321​
+15.053 %​
5​
15​
+45​
321-366​
+14.018 %​
5​
opt​
opt​
16​
+48​
366-414​
+13.114 %​
ch6​
opt​
17​
+51​
414-465​
+12.318 %​
6​
opt​
opt​
18​
+54​
465-519​
+11.613 %​
6​
19​
+57​
519-576​
+10.982 %​
6​
SS + #​
+++ in SS​
from-to​
+++ in SS as % of​
Chapter​
Elf​
Human​
As you can see as CH goes up, % of your current SS for each SS+
decreases.... and by the chart CH4 has no optional researches
and increases by 99 or 70.213%... that means your available squads
decrease by that amount..... if you start with 100 squads, looking
at CH4 , you effectively end up with 29 squads by doing those
(3) SS inc researches. If your recoup rate of troops was 1 day,
that increase pushes that out to 1d 16.85 hrs.

One wrinkle here is if you skip lets say SS+9 , when you do
SS+10 .... instead of a 27 increase its a 30 increase.

What Im trying to show here is :
the higher your CH, the less each SS+ hurts you .... both in
avail squads but also in recoup time with equal armories.
By end of CH21, (21) optional SS+ researches are possible,
so tie'n buffs to SS not CH, is inherantly imbalanced. If ALL
SS+'s were lets say +10%, Inno wouldn't inversely hurt
lower CH players more than higher CH players.

IF "placed expansions" didn't hurt a player in any of the
calculations, then sure..... ya get expansions each CH +
the ones for map progression..... So that allows the ability
to add/upgrade armories and training bldgs in terms
of needing more pop/culture to do it...... BUT we all know
that "placed land" does make a huge difference in Spire
catering calcs, almost making catering the Spire way too
expensive quickly if ya place all the land ya can.
This allows 1 playstyle to be :
Skip ALL optional researches, and only place Land when
its absolutely necessary. ( lean/mean approach )
( I guess this is also why I have Never had AWs either )

Just looking @ engame players..... 1 might do all (79) SS+'s
while another might do only (58) SS+'s. Because of the
addition of TheCauldron, thats less likely now, but possible.
7000ish SS versus 9300ish SS is huge, 25% less.

Still think SS is a good metric to tie stuff to ?????
(edited , para 3 , to +10%)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

update : ( from projections ) if wrong let me know.
SS 58 is +174 ..... 4955-5129 .... +3.511 %
SS 78 is +234 ..... 9005-9239 .... +2.599 %
(edited)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

@Mykan , @Pheryll , and others...
if game mechanics needs its own thread
then let me know plz....

The thrust is AWs currently.....
I don't have any, but there's a few I wanted....

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Mykan , @Pheryll , and others...
if game mechanics needs its own thread
then let me know plz......
Probably is best to start a new thread with this. If this were a thread on the AW change then discussing squad size mechanics is a logical extension. But this is all Beta features, so going too heavy into the supporting details for one Beta feature, might be best in its own thread.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Table of changes was originally sourced from german forum (link in discord somewhere), but am adding better translations and more details if I can be bothered. If anyone has a burning request let me know (no promises)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Another big change with the update is the progression of the wonders. Currently the progression is somewhat even, so x amount a level and a bit extra at a rune stage. With the update it will start with a benefit that is 10% of the max benefit and progress in smaller and smaller increases. I haven't looked at all wonders so there may be some slight variations but in terms of the principal used the table belows compares the cost in KP as a % at various levels to the benefit received at those same levels as a % of the max benefit.

1705286025695.png

Obviously wonders with set small amounts like kp or relics will have a different progression rate.

Based on this if you build you wonders to level 15 you get 70% of the max benefit of a wonder for only 21% of the kp cost.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Another big change with the update is the progression of the wonders. Currently the progression is somewhat even, so x amount a level and a bit extra at a rune stage. With the update it will start with a benefit that is 10% of the max benefit and progress in smaller and smaller increases.

Level 16 appears to be the last of the good levels for progression. Previously, level 21 denoted 75% of the level 30 value. Then extra levels were added to wonders, and then they toyed with other progressions for the newer wonders. With the new AW progression, level 16 denotes 75% of the level 35 value; so two level 16 wonders with similar benefits (e.g. bulwark and shrooms) will stack to 150% benefit while costing fewer levels in the tournament/spire squad calculation than taking one of them to level 35.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Quick and dirty listing you can copy and send to your fellowship on the changes for selling, Since the antiquated message system will not let you send a pic.

Traveling merchants I, II, and III: before you got nothing, now you will get combining catalyst.
Dwarven Armorer: before you got nothing, now you will get RRs.
Other troop boost buildings: before you got nothing or coins supplies, now you will get combining catalyst.
Trading outpost and trading station: before you got nothing now you will get combining catalyst.
Winter Ferris Wheel, Elvenade Supply Carriage, Ice Lindworm, Ferris Wheel Galore: before you got nothing, now you get RRs.
Mana Plant, Gum Tree, Endless Scroll, Moonstone Gate, Float of the Constructs, Valentines Float, Trading Dock, Repair Dock, Harbor Market, Food Stand, before you got nothing now you will get combining catalysts.
Main Docks: before you got nothing, now you will get RRs.
Premium Residence, Premium Workshop, All Premium Culture buildings: before you got nothing, now you will get RRs.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Quick and dirty listing you can copy and send to your fellowship on the changes for selling, Since the antiquated message system will not let you send a pic.

And plenty other buildings have CC/RR rewards for selling. I am looking at my wishing wells that will return 2 RRs a piece. Would be nice to have the sell reward listing in the summoning tab to make it easier for players to decide whether to disenchant or place and sell their building.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All those little 1x1 flower beds and such that are expiring boosters now sell for one CC each, instead of nothing, or only 60 fragments from inventory. This stuff does not have to expire first before you can get the CCs or RRs for them, so next event that has these, I will be happy to get them, rather than hate most of them. lol

sam767

I am end game still in Elvenar because I love my FS. I fight. Squad size 56K. Max expansions. 10 Libraries in my moonstone footprint. 1200CC; 2 twilight Phoenixes (which I love). Did I read they may take away my 2nd Phoenix? Never placed Enar's - I see I could get 4 million mana with a level 30/5.5K tourney. That would have helped with 21! I won't place Enars until I see if it is nerfed. I buy RR when they come up in crafting. Am I correct in thinking this change does not really impact me with my style. my Moonstone, and my willingness to buy diamonds? My FS is miserable....... My most senior member doesn't see how she can keep upgrading her AWs. Inno has many ways to feed resources in as the impact of the changes is better understood on the broader range of players. Like bringing back Moonstone!!!!

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I can't work out what the Ancient Wonder Ranking Effect is based on, but it has caused massive changes on US6. I'd be grateful for any explanation. I suspect there is a decimal difference in the calculation between elves and humans, elves getting the higher score.

New no. 1 player has 3.6+mill ranking effect.
1705646719843.png

Old no. 1 player has 245K ranking effect, and dropped to 8th. They both have max expansions (179), and lvl 35 wonders.
1705646744088.png

Last edited: