• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestion

DeletedUser6654

If there are going to be game changes in the future, and there will be, my suggestion is to be sure everyone is informed. Putting a thread in the forum isn't informing people. We have mailboxes, please use them. Also, the wiki pages are the rules and how to play. Please take the time to be sure the pages are also updated before releasing the update with game changes. I don't mean an hour before the release, I mean as soon as the release date is set, the wiki pages should be informing players about the changes.

DeletedUser6335

Funny thing is, I'd rather have at least an in game mail directing me to the Forums...I'd check the Forums before I'd look to Wiki - Inno knows it is outdated and full of things needing correction, and is slowly working on it.

WolfSinger

This has been suggested several times during the year plus I've played - INNO seems to be of the opinion that players don't like in-game communications and doesn't want to do it. The only time I've seen a head's up announcement is when they started the changes to the battle system and of course they still couched it in positive terms - which for advanced players it was a complete disaster.

DeletedUser3297

Well to be fair.. Players always complain everytime they see an in-game pop up that they didn't even take the time to read before coming to the forums to complain about it ;)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
They have yet to make a pop up that won't continue to pop up for many logins, if they made the popup, only popup once or twice or that has a box to click that stops it from popping up, we would not hate them! The fault lies on them for not having a popup that can be removed once seen.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
they make sure everyone knows when there is a sale on diamonds
The fault lies on them for not having a popup that can be removed once seen.

How come I can click "decline" on a sale, and it goes away forever, but other pop-ups are every log in?

It's not like we are asking INNO to invent something.
. Also, the wiki pages are the rules and how to play.
Developer controlled Wiki's are just a bad idea in general. The fact is that there are way more players than inno employees, some of whom seem to be far more passionate about the game. More importantly a dev driven wiki will never give you vital information that might make them look bad.
Things like "You might not want to build the GA until you have at least xxxx working population which is when it becomes better than a residence"

It also makes it very difficult to gather all of the information players have squeezed out of the game in one place. Some players like @Mykan have done a great job making guides, and many others have posted calculations scattered across hundreds of forum threads.

Between the archaic chat system, woefully inadequate mail system, and outdated wiki, my FS has resorted to having our own website to properly disseminate information.

Gath Of Baal

You can always make a beta account, this way you can find out whats happening with changes and help test them before they hit the live servers.. another good source is the beta forums where you can give feedback on changes before they go live..

But I do think an in game message or link directing players to read the forums about upcoming changes should at least pop up in game 2-3 days before the update goes live. Might stop some of the HWFO going on every update

DeletedUser61

They have yet to make a pop up that won't continue to pop up
Forge of Empires implemented a system that works just fine. The TOP message in your mail box is a sticky system message. So when you get around to checking your mail, you can see the most recent system announcement.

In Elvenar we don't have ad hoc group messages, and we can't use BBCode or any other sort of formatting in message. It's a painfully basic module.

DeletedUser6335

Okay - so they already have the tab with the 3 folks on it - down in the lower right corner by the cog for submitting tickets, changing settings, etc. - why not have that tab "light up" or glow or something when there is a change of some sort (bigger one - like to Tournaments or Ancient Wonders) in the game? That way folks could click it - select Forums (on the Forums they could have a space for "Important Information" or some such - so the Announcement wouldn't get buried in other stuff) and *voila* a new tab opens with the Forums where they can read about it. If they choose not to do so, then it's not INNO's fault (it isn't now - as the Forums are here and don't take that long to look at).

DeletedUser6654

Well to be fair.. Players always complain everytime they see an in-game pop up that they didn't even take the time to read before coming to the forums to complain about it ;)

Well to be fair.. I'm here complaining about not receiving an in-game pop up. Does my opinion count, or should we always continue to live by what someone else said at a different time? I consider your comment trolling and would appreciate if you contribute to the topic.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Developer controlled Wiki's are just a bad idea in general
Yet something is usually better than nothing. If someone feels like they can do a better job of the wiki, I'm pretty sure they aren't being prevented. Other than the fact nobody else can contribute, elvenarchitect.com is already practically a better wiki than the actual wiki.
Well to be fair.. I'm here complaining about not receiving an in-game pop up. Does my opinion count, or should we always continue to live by what someone else said at a different time? I consider your comment trolling and would appreciate if you contribute to the topic.
The conundumb of forums: If someone makes a joke without a smiley/winkey, everyone tells them to use one, but when they do, everyone ignores it and takes them seriously anyway.

DeletedUser6654

In this scenario regarding the GA, it would be helpful to see an asterisk, "NOTE", or link inserted on the GA wiki page. I think it could say something like, "Updates are coming on April 12th, please see the forums or click this link to learn more."

The mailbox isn't an in-game pop up. It's a place to receive communications from other players and possibly from the game to help players stay on track about major changes. I don't think the complaints would be nearly as loud and boisterous if there were an inbox message sent for informational purposes. Ultimately, it would be sweet if the GA would create a tab or some form of indicator to inform us of when and what will be included with the upcoming changes.

Staying true to the Wiki format, should anyone be able to add a comment or submit information?

DeletedUser3696

What's all the fuss about the GA anyways. I started the game when there were no AWs (at least I think I did??) and I cruised thru chapters just fine.

If I had my way I could permanently delete the story/chapter quest line since I haven't done one since the dwarven chapter and it's now stuck on a non-declinable quest that I just cannot be bothered to do since supplies and coins are never a major issue in this game.
Funny enough, if you want to go slow enough, population isn't really an issue either. So that makes me think the GA is great for those going for ranking since it's more efficient late in the game for players to build other buildings which gain them more ranking - so for those getting nerfed earlier in the game I doubt ranking is of much importance to them at their stage.

DeletedUser1996

It's mostly the feeling of having had the rug pulled out from under them. If they'd been able to see things before they built them, it wouldn't be as big an issue.
Agreed- and thats all !

DeletedUser3696

I don't think very many people actually feel like they're under-powered. It's mostly the feeling of having had the rug pulled out from under them. If they'd been able to see things before they built them, it wouldn't be as big an issue.
Inno has made this an ongoing thing unfortunately. We've seen it before, we are seeing it now and we'll see it again :(

Gath Of Baal

So you're saying, play a city on beta so you can be surprised at the changes there instead?
You do not have to play a beta city if you do not want to, but a beta account is required if you want to voice your opinions where it really matters in the beta forums... Peoples opinion here is after the fact, what they do not like is already implemented. While peoples opinion on beta forums is before the fact, and has the chance to change the outcome before it happens..

DeletedUser6335

Given that so many here have said they play in BETA and spoke up about the pop hit to GA - and it still went through.... I'm hoping nothing is set in stone and can still be changed based on the fact that more people play the actual live game than do BETA. Not to mention the live game is the source of income.....