• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
PLEASE reconsider how many supplies are needed for quests 36-38.
Quest 36: Making 40 bread with max level workshops should satisfy the whole quest.
As it is on Beta you need to make another 100 bread to do it!
Same goes for #37 as #38.
The total required for chapter 8 is 880,000, and a max level workshop is making 3,000 on a 3h

Tauriel Dragonwood

I just received my first reward for this event - the Tree Enclosure. Was inspired to write a story I'd like to share but not sure if this is the correct forum for posting it to. Enjoy.

A Walk In Elvenar’s Woods
To visit my Trader, who just happens to be a beautiful majestic dragon,
you must travel through a forest guarded by the Protector of the Woods.

Enter when it is night and you will see a magnificent sight.
Father Trees of Glitter and Candy Cane sparkle in the moonlight.

As you approach the Tree Enclosure, engulfed in a mysterious fog,
tread quietly and you just may see the two-tailed Shepherd Dog.

Make sure to train your Cerberus to come when you call.
Or you’ll be running after him until the leaves start to fall.

Before you trek into those woods, cast an Inspiring Meditation Spell. I do not jest!
You will be gone for a long time if your Cerberus disturbs squirrels making a nest.

If you start to hear trees whispering and think you've been on too many a quest,
look for a garden and climb the stairs to the Spot of Whispering Trees for a rest.

Don’t scold my dragon if you see him resting in a flower bed.
He’s waiting for me to dig up some Sugar Beets so he can be fed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
extremely disappointed no mana rewards I see very little to entice an advanced city to expend that kind of treasure
Indeed, the prizes are rather lackluster, especially in chapters 8&10 (the only ones I really checked) It is hardly worth getting an event building if the very next chapter it can be replaced by a better normal building.

I think the real reason to do the event for many players is to open chests and hope to not get the daily reward, but get the KP instead.;)

DeletedUser3312

I'm not sure what was going through the developers minds when they wrote the tasks. But the amounts required to be gained from workshops is ludicrous. They could be cut in half and still pose a nice challenge. The building graphics are very nice but their value is nothing to entice people to win them. And it would be nice to have some mana producers as others have stated. It could have been set up like the orcs. if the person had not reached the orcs chapter, they got supplies.

DeletedUser8187

Looks daunting for the newer players. I'm not likely to finish it, so I'm not going to go crazy to get it done. Might be a lot of work for the people who do the (programming), but could you have two versions of quests. Simpler one for the newer players and a harder one for the more experienced players. Harder one can have better prizes (Mana-whatever that is).

DeletedUser6570

Indeed, the prizes are rather lackluster, especially in chapters 8&10 (the only ones I really checked) It is hardly worth getting an event building if the very next chapter it can be replaced by a better normal building.

I think the real reason to do the event for many players is to open chests and hope to not get the daily reward, but get the KP instead.;)
I agree - my biggest reason to play would to be able to get the KP. Why would I work really hard for buildings that have auto destruct built in?

DeletedUser6570

Looks daunting for the newer players. I'm not likely to finish it, so I'm not going to go crazy to get it done. Might be a lot of work for the people who do the (programming), but could you have two versions of quests. Simpler one for the newer players and a harder one for the more experienced players. Harder one can have better prizes (Mana-whatever that is).
Honestly, one of the things the developers of the events have done well is making the quests equitable for both new players and experienced. New - you do need to be at least where you have the Magic Academy, and you must be able to train troops. Some quests are a lot easier and quicker for new players. It takes much less time for the new player to scout a province than it does for an advanced one to scout or complete that LV 12 building. A good number of quests don't really make a difference in time no matter your level (produce 3 hr goods, 9hr goods, etc) If you need an extra expansion to put some small throw-away workshops or manufactories, it's a lot easier for the early player to add one than higher level. I have completed these with low level cities and with guest race cities - and either one takes about the same amount of time overall. And even if you don't finish, you still have the opportunity for some good prizes. KP are ALWAYS welcome, even if you are tech-locked. Relics are so-so - would rather just get them in tournaments. The buildings - now that they are coming with an auto-destruct date - not so thrilled about them any longer.

DeletedUser3312

The buildings - now that they are coming with an auto-destruct date - not so thrilled about them any longer.

I think this only applies to the 3 power buildings that enhance your military by 10%. They are only good for a limited time period. But I am fairly positive that the other buildings will stay until you delete them.

DeletedUser6570

I think this only applies to the 3 power buildings that enhance your military by 10%. They are only good for a limited time period. But I am fairly positive that the other buildings will stay until you delete them.
I certainly hope that is the case. The video was not at all clear about that and haven't seen anything else being said.

WVbrowndog

Having scoped out the main quests at Gems of Knowledge, I am SO disappointed. I don't think there's anyway I can finish this event with the paltry resources that I have in two of my cities (both at Chapter 3 -- one just underway, one in the middle of the chapter). I'm not even to three-tier manufactories in the research tree in those cities, so the quests to "pay" three-tiered goods are going to bankrupt my two-tiered goods, not to mention bankrupting them for the pay outs for two-tiered goods. On top of that, there's the number of relics (116?), which will deplete resources as well. Even my Chapter 6 city is going to be hurting before its over. :-(

DeletedUser8779

I've forgotten where this comes from - Buddha, maybe? o_O - but the notion that '...it's not the destination, but the journey that counts...' comes to mind. ;)

Haven't been around long enough to take part in a major event like the Herd's March, but I did get through the Charming Tree bit. The quests that were involved helped me grow my piddly li'l Ch. 2 city in a good way. Yeah, I would've gotten to where I am without participating in that, but the added incentive and a bit of excitement were worth the trip, even if I hadn't gotten the smiling oak looking thing with the - whatever - dangling from one limb.

Point is, even if you aren't gonna make the final cut and win whatever the ultimate goal is, you'll still get some useful goodies that will help you out and maybe even a shot or two of adrenaline as the end of the event draws near.

Beats watchin' timers count down all to hell. :p

DeletedUser6372

Well, any Elf race player who isn't into the Academy tier would probably get use out of the Vallorian Valor to have early access to an actually useful heavy melee unit.

Other than that... yea, kinda useless rewards.