• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much Guest Race space do you have?

Deleted User - 1178646

Yes but give way more culture.. @SoggyShorts
Don't need to wipe out spells with magic factories (10) I can make that much in a day., using just 10 spells.
Found a better one, Garden Party gives 17,700 mana a day... but is 7 x 4.... and 13,800 culture

You are aware that it's a diamond building right? 6500 diamonds

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes but give way more culture.. @SoggyShorts
Did some testing, and the grape farms do give more culture, but replacing 20 libraries with 11 grape farms will cost about
  • 7m coins (counting the coins you get back from selling libraries)
  • 1m supplies (counting the supplies you get back from selling libraries)
  • 11 builder days
  • 167K divine seeds (which should take around 3 weeks to produce assuming L25 MH and 300 provinces cleared and that I understand the formula)
for a gain of 30k culture
and a gain of 800 mana

The coin/supply costs are pretty negligible, so I'd say it's worth it if it wasn't for the divine seeds. I'm not sure how many seeds you need to unlock techs and build/run farms etc, but 3 weeks worth of seeds to switch over sounds like a lot.

I'll probably replace a few just to have some good buildings to put EE spells on, but a full replacement will be a very low priority.

Found a better one, Garden Party gives 17,700 mana a day... but is 7 x 4.... and 13,800 culture
Yep, in the same space 11 garden parties will give
70,000 more mana, and 90,000 more culture.
But costs about $500

or to get about the same mana&culture you'd only need 5 of them saving you 7 expoansions and costing ~$250

Also, they are the last tech in the halfling chapter, so they won't actually be available until it's too late for chapter 11

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Diamond lol I know no biggie...
After a quick scan of the divine seeds costs per tech, it looks like you often get just enough per day to unlock techs
For example a tech needs 21,000 seeds, and 70 KP, and you make 7k seeds per day so 3 days of seeds, 3 days of KP.
It might be very hard to end up with a big enough stockpile of seeds to replace a lot of libraries with grape farms.

Also, during the 24h it takes to build a grape farm it doesn't produce. Sure you can turtle for a few days (weeks)and use all of your seeds to do the switch, but that seems like a step backwards to me.

Deleted User - 1178646

After a quick scan of the divine seeds costs per tech, it looks like you often get just enough per day to unlock techs
For example a tech needs 21,000 seeds, and 70 KP, and you make 7k seeds per day so 3 days of seeds, 3 days of KP.
It might be very hard to end up with a big enough stockpile of seeds to replace a lot of libraries with grape farms.

Also, during the 24h it takes to build a grape farm it doesn't produce. Sure you can turtle for a few days (weeks)and use all of your seeds to do the switch, but that seems like a step backwards to me.

if I understood the innotv june episode well, then the more often you harvest seeds the more often you get the wonder bonus seeds.
at least on my main I expect to be swarmed in those divine seeds with 408 provinces cleared and ~200 wonder levels.

I only wonder what the minimum harvest time is.

edit: harvest time is 3 hours, so with a bunch of wonder levels you can aquire quite a large amount of divine seeds.

Deleted User - 1178646

@CrazyWizard
Is the non bonus formula just MH x provinces?

Correct MH lvl * provinces.*day

And for each wonder level you have it's MH lvl * wonderlevels. * 3 hours (if you can harvest every 3 hours)

so with only 20 wonder levels and 6 harvests a day you can "mimic" 120 additional provinces, and with 50 wonder levels you just doubled the amount of divine seeds you are granted a day.

As you can see it goed up insanely fast, granted you are able to regularly login and empty your divine seeds.

DeletedUser5255

Just checked with Elven architect and I get 372 squares, 15 expansions with some bits around the edges. This was for a full university - level 4 campus plus 4 of each faculty.
Please post a pic of your university - I cannot figure how to get last bldg around campus. I even removed the Wisdom square. The next thing is to get out graph paper.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Please post a pic of your university - I cannot figure how to get last bldg around campus. I even removed the Wisdom square. The next thing is to get out graph paper.

Funnily enough my original design was like what Soggy posted but ended up with a design the same as the first pic in the gamers gems of knowledge. Basically you need to have the larger buildings hanging off the edge using 1 square of university space. The alchemy and wisdom squares just become fillers.

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot_1.png

Here is one of my neighbors

DeletedUser5255

I was able to put all the bldgs around the campus but not wisdom square. The quest asking for 4 blgs was completed without the Wisdom Square. I may pay for it later but right now I'm OK.

DeletedUser6372

Personally,

I devoted 9 expansions (3x3) to Dwarves and Faeries. Probably going to have to expand that for Orcs. Currently, I am planning on 12 expansions (3x4) for Orcs.

Haven't been tech-locked yet

Tolerance for tech-locked: 1. With the percentage-based mechanics for AW's these days, KPs are most effective in the tech tree if at all possible. Otherwise, if you are in a good FS, then a hyper-visit thread can be a KP sink. But I only sink KP into AWs if I am tech-locked, because progression is key.

How well did I plan: 9. I not only used the Architect, but also consulted with people on this forum about what my anticipated needs are and expected space requirements.

When starting a guest race, consider the size and shape of every other building that will upgrade during that act. For example, when I first got into Dwarves, I had to shuffle some things around because my residences were changing shape, and my tier 1 boosted was not only changing size, it was changing the direction that it was aimed, meaning I had to shuffle things around significantly. Because I had already set aside a significant space for the Dwarven buildings, I had room to shuffle things through, it would have been MUCH harder to do that if I had already filled in that space with Dwarven buildings. So do yourself a favor, and shuffle around space to accommodate not just your guest race buildings, but every other building that will be upgrading as well. Because I guarantee you're going to have some buildings which are going to change significantly in geometry, and shuffling around to accommodate that before it unlocks and you have empty space where your guest race buildings will go is going to be significantly easier than if you do it at the last minute.

DeletedUser1016

Just unlocked the spring grove in the Halfling chapter - is it necessary to build it immediately or can I wait until the other techs are unlocked such as the canal, trader and farms? I'm thinking of waiting and building it when I research the farms, I don't think it produces anything and there's lots and lot of time and resources needed before I can get ANY settlement goods to be stored in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thistleknot

I don't see why you have to build this immediately other than for possibly quest completion. I'm holding off while I finish upgrading all my roads. I figure I got a least another week before that's done. Plus I want to go on an upgrade my trader and get those divine seeds rolling in.

DeletedUser3297

Just unlocked the spring grove in the Halfling chapter - is it necessary to build it immediately or can I wait until the other techs are unlocked such as the canal, trader and farms?.

Same with all other guest race storage buildings. It needs to be constructed before you add farms to it. If you build the Spring Grove and the farms at the same time, the farms will not connect and therefore not construct until the Spring Grove construction completes.