• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
We were lucky enough to have a member that just finished dwarves and could tear it down and put up 70 workshops (including their existing ones) and 9 complete sets of 3 level one manufactories. We finished, but we aren't even in the top 30 on Felyndral.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
We were lucky enough to have a member that just finished dwarves and could tear it down and put up 70 workshops (including their existing ones) and 9 complete sets of 3 level one manufactories. We finished, but we aren't even in the top 30 on Felyndral.
Sweet jeebus, that's a lot. Here I was between chapters 10&11 thinking I was a hero with 15 non-boosted sets and 20 workshops(total)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
We had 16 of the 24 members playing, but some of those put in one badge in one stage, or took us up on our message and chat explanation to put 1 tier one goods in the yellow waypoint we were not finishing so they could share in the rewards. And some of those that did make badges didn't join in until later in the week. We will finish stage three in the morning if some night owl doesn't knock it out overnight. (we're only 5 farmers away and I'll have 4 by morning if we need them). We decided early on we weren't getting hung up on how it went, we were just going to try to learn how everything worked, get to know each other better, and have fun. Our member who was the best at tracking what we needed from message lists is on the Pacific coast in Mexico, kept losing power/internet off and on during the week due to solar flares. The power/internet was more reliable today after going completely out last night due to an earthquake, and she's still getting aftershocks. Nearby towns were flattened, but her home is higher and built on a solid rock so she didn't even get wet from the 3 meter tsunami. We only did one path in each stage, but if we can finish a day early under those conditions...

DeletedUser2947

Suggestion: Drop down menus for the side quests so that you don't have to spend literally hours in total cycling through before you collect something needed for the map. The endless pit does not provide endlessly wonderful prizes. Suggest offering a 4th map as an alternative. Suggest giving more than a day of lead time before actually putting the "Adventure" up live. Suggest either suspending the weekly tournament or raising its prizes across the board when it coincides with this special quest.

In all honesty, I could do without this entirely. Everyone is now rank crazy, and this just adds to the fury. I love this game, but too much competition spoils the broth.

Thank you for any attention you give to the suggestions. It is fun to work together, but this was too much for too little. I'd be happy with prizes that were better and the event that was longer (or shorter but with 2 paths only).

DeletedUser3122

Ummm you could read the overview page that each FS has, or maybe ask?

Ummm you can read the overview that says they walk on water, but once you join, you discover the truth?

We chose these paths specifically because we did not want to build a bunch of our non-boosted factories, then wham in the 3rd stage all of a sudden we need non-boosted goods (and not just a few!). I don't think any one in our fellowship was a big fan of that choice.

Exactly. We have a nonboosted FS and for Inno to say we need nonboosted, once a month from now on is nothing but pure & utter BS.

Drop down menus for the side quests so that you don't have to spend literally hours in total cycling through before you collect something needed for the map.

Listen, we've been asking for drop down menus and various other things for regular game quests, to avoid repetitive cycling more than 20 quests, for over a year now. Did they listen? <crickets> But yes, they fell far, far short on giving us tools to make this event fun without any headaches.

For me, being Archmage has never been a thankless job.

Most people in our FS, though very active, are pretty quiet. Whenever I send out any helpful information, to make their game more smooth, I don't believe I've ever received a thank you from anyone. I have, however, gotten bossed around how I could be making my FS hard core. I will not do this. Ever. I have finally a couple members that are thankful (this last event has shown that to me) and supportive, which makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5176

It took about 1 1/2 days to get everyone on the same page, but we completed the blue path for all stages early yesterday. We also have a complete green path & 1/2 of the orange path for stage 1. We've been using the extra time to complete the other paths for stage 3.

Our FS's largest struggle was using the mail & chat for communication. Mail wasn't being received by everyone... The chat would stop functioning. Reloading the game didn't always restore the lost comm functions. Overall, we found it was just not effective! Future events, we decided we will have a mandatory google doc and players will need to follow quest tasks based off of that. Hopefully the developers will make the necessary improvements to the comm functions though; this was a definite issue for my FS in world E.

We also thought drop down menus for the quests would be more effective, but guess they want you to click through everything like crazy. At the very least, stop having the quest tasks jump around as you skip through them. I lost 4 farmer badges the first time I tried clicking through & then the quest shifted & I closed out of the wrong quest accidentally.

It would also be wonderful if we could access the items/badges in the main window, like we can with guest races. Sometimes I had to logout & log back in just to get to the Adventure screen because it wouldn't load.

Final gripe... The Timer. It seems it is not on the same clock as the tourney's, but not sure exactly how much time is left, as others seemingly have complained about this as well. Has anyone who completed the beta event noticed if the "Adventure" ends at the end of "1 Day" or if changes to an hour based timer for the final countdown?

Thanks all & good luck to those of you who are still working to finish!

Buttrflwr

If it has been answered in the last 12 pages somwhere and I missed it...I did read many of them, I promise...then I apologize in advance, but when EXACTLY does this event end? Even what day would be nice. :p Thanks! Please don't beat me. Real life, tourney, and this event has been....let's just say eventful, shall we? I would appreciate any info. Wait, any helpful info. ;)

edeba

Bottomless pit:

1. Brewer/Treatnt/Bakers x3
2. Carpenter/Farmer/Blacksmith x3
3. Flacon/GoldenBracelet/Daimond Necklace x3

To help my fellowship complete the 3rd stage of the Fellowship Adventures, I’m almost tempted to tear down all the buildings in my city and only build 100 Workshops, Residences and Ancient Wonders that boost population. Then I’ll be able to at least help with the Dwarven Brewery, Treants, Bakers, Carpenters, Farmers Delight and Blacksmith Guild Badges. All the hours my fellowship spent to get to the 3rd stage ends up in frustration because it would take a ridiculous amount of time to complete.

I, like many other Elvenar players, have a life and cannot waste what little precious hours we put aside to have fun, trying to complete the 3rd stage of Fellowship Adventures. Do any of the game developers know math? This is insulting to our intelligence that you designed a new game feature to waste so much of our time. I am flabbergasted to see the adventure items required for the 3rd stage. Makes one wonder if fellowships are spending diamonds to complete it.
Don't spend too much of your hard-earned money.
Some games can make you poor and that's not funny.​

10 Workshops and a small amount of Manufactories are not enough to gain badges fast. You would have to have a group of your team mates working on different badges. This is not a group of friends you invite over to your home to play a game. This is an online game where everyone is in different time zones. It’s very difficult to get everyone online at the same time. Below shows the amount of time it takes for me to gain badges. I’ve only broken down the time needed to produce supplies. The adventure items requiring goods would have to be a team project.

BLUE PATH – 3rd Stage
Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 5 = 2 hrs 5 mins
10 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 10 = 1 day 6 hrs
15 Luxurious Flacons: (3 hrs ea) Marble Mosaic, Precious Ring, Wooden Figurine
5 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 5 = 2 hrs 5 mins
5 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 5 = 5 hrs
10 Golden Bracelets: (9 hrs ea) 1 Décor Pillar, 1 Warrior Mask, 1 Wooden Chest
5 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 5 = 10 hrs
10 Farmers Delight Badges: Basket of Groceries 5x (9 hrs each) @ 10 workshops = 9 hrs x 5 = 45 hrs
5 Diamond Necklaces: (1 day each) Admirable Altar, Giant Globe, Luxury Armchair
10 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 10 = 4 hr 10 min
5 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 5 = 10 hrs
10 Farmers Delight Badges: Basket of Groceries 5x (9 hrs each) @ 10 workshops = 9 hrs x 5 = 45 hrs
10 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 10 = 4 hr 10 min
10 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 10 = 10 hrs
10 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 10 = 1 day 6 hrs
15 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 15 = 15 hrs
10 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 10 = 20 hrs
10 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 10 = 20 hrs
30 Luxurious Flacons: (3 hrs ea) Marble Mosaic, Precious Ring, Wooden Figurine
20 Golden Bracelets: (9 hrs ea) 1 Décor Pillar, 1 Warrior Mask, 1 Wooden Chest
25 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 25 = 3 days 3 hrs)
10 Diamond Necklaces: (1 day each) Admirable Altar, Giant Globe, Luxury Armchair

GREEN PATH – 3rd Stage
Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 5 = 2 hrs 5 mins
10 Blacksmith Guild Badges: Toolbox 5x (1 day) @ 10 workshops = 1 day x 5 = 5 days
10 Golden Bracelets: (9 hrs ea) 1 Décor Pillar, 1 Warrior Mask, 1 Wooden Chest
15 Dwarven Brewery Badges: Beverages 50x (5 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 25 mins x 15 = 6 hr 15 min
10 Diamond Necklaces: (1 day each) Admirable Altar, Giant Globe, Luxury Armchair
15 Treant Badges: Simple Tools 35x (15 mins each) @ 10 workshops = 1 hr x 15 = 15 hrs
15 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 15 = 30 hrs
10 Blacksmith Guild Badges: Toolbox 5x (1 day) @ 10 workshops = 1 day x 5 = 5 days
15 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 15 = 45 hrs
20 Farmers Delight Badges: Basket of Groceries 5x (9 hrs each) @ 10 workshops = 9 hrs x 10 = 90 hrs
15 Bakers Guild Badges: Bread 20x (1 hr each) @ 10 workshops = 2 hrs x 15 = 30 hrs
20 Farmers Delight Badges: Basket of Groceries 5x (9 hrs each) @ 10 workshops = 9 hrs x 10 = 90 hrs
20 Golden Bracelets: (9 hrs ea) 1 Décor Pillar, 1 Warrior Mask, 1 Wooden Chest
15 Carpenters Guild Badges: Advanced Tools 10x (3 hrs ea) @ 10 workshops = 3 hrs x 15 = 45 hrs
20 Diamond Necklaces: (1 day each) Admirable Altar, Giant Globe, Luxury Armchair

DeletedUser3610

If it has been answered in the last 12 pages somwhere and I missed it...I did read many of them, I promise...then I apologize in advance, but when EXACTLY does this event end? Even what day would be nice. :p Thanks! Please don't beat me. Real life, tourney, and this event has been....let's just say eventful, shall we? I would appreciate any info. Wait, any helpful info. ;)
According to support it ends at midnight between Sunday and Monday German time which is 6 p.m. on Sunday chat time.

DeletedUser3122

Our FS's largest struggle was using the mail & chat for communication. Mail wasn't being received by everyone... The chat would stop functioning. Reloading the game didn't always restore the lost comm functions. Overall, we found it was just not effective!

Member's email and chats were a constant problem, they were having to reload constantly and sometimes never even see the email or chat. Further, some members were not checking their email because with over 100 email chain, that is overwhelming. Daunting. Inno should've thought of that, with 25 members having to communicate what they're doing, just 4 messages each would go over the 100 email threshold. My tolerance was at an all-time low due to this. I was pretty livid with Inno for putting us in this position (and still am).

Future events, we decided we will have a mandatory google doc and players will need to follow quest tasks based off of that.

I already maintain some spreadsheets for this game. Member visits and boosts (and an archive). I also have a private forum for our FS. I said, with this event, I refused to use a spreadsheet. It was yet one more link to require people to open, and I really dislike the idea that people have to go to links. You never know when one could be a problem. The mechanics for the event should have been put in place so that using outside game links would not be needed. I also resent having to have one person responsible to track it all, because let's face it. Most members (unless it's an extremely dedicated FS of 25 members) won't go to the link nor enter any information. I can't even get them to do it with their own boosts once a week!

You take a group of senior citizens who don't know how to copy/paste (especially with the lame way we have to do it in the game), even with instructions, and then they don't know how to enter their own information on a spreadsheet, it's nothing more than pure frustration on my part.

When a game becomes more work tracking, than fun, it's not fun. Some claim they "love" to keep spreadsheets. Well, let them. It's so few FSs that do this, it should've never been required to begin with.

Our FS completed the blue path, up to stage 3 and the bottomless pit, with more than 2 days to spare. But now people are so burned out, they aren't chatting nor emailing anything. And who can blame them? Some members loved it, the ones that didn't pay attention or organize, but the rest who did were cursing, either publicly or privately to me.

Let's say someone does keep spreadsheets. Keeping track of who said they will do which quest, or assigning quests to make sure everyone participates (that wants to) is a recipe for disaster time-wise. I spent at least 10 hours a day in the game, 2 days, to help and track. No game of this nature should require that kind of time commitment. Again, some people love it. But I think I can say with fair certainly, I doubt the majority of players do.

DeletedUser5176

I already maintain some spreadsheets for this game.

Most members (unless it's an extremely dedicated FS of 25 members) won't go to the link nor enter any information. I can't even get them to do it with their own boosts once a week!
I do this as well and have shared it repeatedly with my FS, but you're right... no one really looks at it, let alone updates it except for me. It is helpful though for gauging weekly progress/activity though; which is the main reason I still use it.

The mechanics for the event should have been put in place so that using outside game links would not be needed. I also resent having to have one person responsible to track it all, because let's fact it. Most members (unless it's an extremely dedicated FS of 25 members) won't go to the link nor enter any information. I can't even get them to do it with their own boosts once a week!
I couldn't agree more!

Our FS completed the blue path, up to stage 3 and the bottomless pit, with more than 2 days to spare. But now people are so burned out, they aren't chatting nor emailing anything. And who can blame them? Some members loved it, the ones that didn't pay attention or organize, but the rest who did were cursing, either publicly or privately to me.
I'm starting to see the burnout as well. Ha! I'm feeling it myself. Luckily my husband also plays, so we've been taking turns making sure everyone stays on task
and that everyone is aware of what still needs doing.

DeletedUser5176

Question about the bottomless pit... Is there a limit to how many badges or items can be used? Is this per player or limited for the entire FS? I didn't find that this was clear in any of the forum posts I've read so far.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In a game that is laid out to look like "capture the flag" and appears to be modeled on a race, participants should not be penalized for trying to finish quickly. The mechanic that means those who finish quickly on a single path are earning fewer points per effort when they enter the "whirlpool" phase than do those who (otherwise pointlessly) continue filling side waypoints, is counter to the expectations of competitive players and is poor design. There should be an advantage to finishing the map quickly, or, at the very least, not a disadvantage. This is very disappointing.

DeletedUser3122

Is there a limit to how many badges or items can be used?

No. It's bottomless. The only point of doing it is for ranking points, to compete with other FSs. If your FS isn't even close to the top 50 (ours was, not sure about right now), then no need to even do any in the bottomless pit. Diamond buyers/players, who are ranking in the top 3 or even 10 FSs are the main ones getting the best rewards. My thought was, why even bother? I'm not going to buy diamonds to compete. If members in my FS don't like it, they can find one that does this.

DeletedUser5176

No. It's bottomless. The only point of doing it is for ranking points, to compete with other FSs. If your FS isn't even close to the top 50 (ours was, not sure about right now), then no need to even do any in the bottomless pit. Diamond buyers/players, who are ranking in the top 3 or even 10 FSs are the main ones getting the best rewards. My thought was, why even bother? I'm not going to buy diamonds to compete. If members in my FS don't like it, they can find one that does this.
Thanks for sharing! We've been in the top 25-30 generally, so it'll make sense for us to keep going. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't another map or something crazy unattainable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.