• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2334

I will agree that the FA changed up game play and tried to get fellowships working together, which is a good thing to improve play. I think our fellowship really struggled to stay organized and in-synch with each other, but maybe it will be better next time. However, I'm sure that some in my fellowship are not excited for the next one considering how much work was involved and how cheaply Inno awarded prizes.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I like the idea of the FA but it needs work, most things are already mentioned here by others. (and also mentioned on beta, the first time we tried it! But what do we know!)
Agree the prizes were very cheap for the amount of effort needed. One of my chapter 5 members said "Why would I place the mana hut? A signpost gives more culture per square!"
lol that's just sad after all the badges we had to produce for it.
chapter 5 mana hut : (2x2) 73 culture, amounts to 18.25 culture per square. (and gives a small amount of supplies)
signpost : (1x1) 25 culture

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another question - does the Mana Hut give culture in addition to mana?
manahut1.png

Maybe it gives culture, but only until you place it? lol nice.

DeletedUser4366

What a laugh @princeavery ! You "
" this event so much that you had to put loved in quotes, and then carefully laid out all your complaints in ranked bullet points against it. And you say I am being negative? lol Oh and then you take cheap shots on my FS members but I'm the negative one ? ROTFOL We generally liked it and participated very well.

I thought @edeba 's response of "We do have players that have spent diamonds, but they were not spent on the event." was excellent.

My post wasn't negative - it was a simply pointed out some of the failures of the event, and that the event ended in total silence. All gaming companies know that a finish without any flare at all is a killer, and INNO really dropped the ball here. .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2824

Small reward (even for the top #3 o_O) for great effort is the heart of most of my issues about the events lately. I'm glad they are trying new things, as with the masquerade event. Some will work, some won't. I really question their decision to require non-boosted goods... But ever since the winter event the buildings haven't been very worthwhile compared to the effort asked of us in order to get them. I understand that a lot of people were worried about the winter buildings being overpowered, but now we have the problem of underpowered buildings. Please don't ask me to work so hard for something that isn't worth that much effort. -_-

This new requirement to build non-boosted factories is up there with the event quest that asks you to upgrade 4 buildings to level four. Anything that sets a city back in space is pretty contradictory to the purpose of the game. Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to build myself a house, only to have someone stop me often and ask me to dig some holes, and then turn around and ask me to fill them. :eek:

You know, I think if we heard more often from Inno about why they make the decisions they do, it wouldn't seem so senseless. As is we have no idea whether or not they really take the player's feedback into consideration, or what their reasons are for implementing the changes they do. :( And no, I'm sure it's not to drive us insane. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

I think this event should be two days less, and the clocks should count down the hours rather than days. I would suggest making the event easier to complete rather than give more time for people who felt they needed more time. It really was way too long for those playing competitively and the prizes did suck compare to the effort. Fixing the interface and reducing the time for the event would bring it more in line with what you get from the event.

I think it is terrible that you don't get individual ranking points for the event. That 15000 point thing we won is total useless garbage that none of us benefit from.

Risen Malchiah

There are a lot of lower ranked fellowships that didn't manage to complete all 3 stages, so lowering the time would actually hurt those players tremendously. Instead, focus on improving the event in a variety of ways:

(Yes, some have already been mentioned, but I'll include them to show support for them):

1 - Fix the timer so people know exactly when it ends. My fellowship thought it ended on Saturday so we prematurely closed stage 3.

2 - Provide an individual player incentive so that players who contribute a ton of goods or badges don't receive the same benefits as a player who put in 1 marble.

3 - Reduce the cost of the orange path or provide an additional incentive by placing a reward somewhere along the orange path that can only be unlocked by going in that direction.

4 - Blue & Green paths are too similar. Perhaps one of these was intended to be the combat path? I would be VERY interested in seeing how this would be implemented!

5 - Allow officers to see a master list of contributors for each stage to gauge participation and guarantee people aren't accidentally locked out of the reward for a particular stage.

6 - Clarify the "Costs for 1: XX Diamonds" thing so people don't keep asking why the event costs diamonds. (You'd be surprised by how many people were confused by this!)

7 - Restructure the bottomless pit to use ANY and ALL badges/items (other than goods). Each badge could have point values of their own. This way an unused Elegant Statue still has value and fellowships with tons of Carpenters or Farmers aren't stuck by not having Blacksmith badges which very likely can't be produced any more due to lack of time. This may also help eliminate ties in the event rankings where 2 fellowships with identical scores can get different rewards because they're straddling the edge of where the rewards change.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think it is terrible that you don't get individual ranking points for the event. That 15000 point thing we won is total useless garbage that none of us benefit from.
I would have thought that ranked fellowships would like FS ranking points. There isn't much movement at the top is there? By this I mean do you keep the same 25 players for long periods of time?

@Risen Malchiah great list!

DeletedUser1238

they were posted to the fellowship

No, we were not awarded any ranking points. the top 50 ranked fellowships showed they were to receive ranking points under the rewards.Did any of you get ranking points for finishing in the top 50? I took this screen shot from Beta test last week but is shows the points to be awarded
10th.JPG

Robusto

if you look at the top 50 for your server. starting at 50, your FS will get one time boost as an award for being in the top 50. this time boost increases in time as you climb the rankings, but your FS will get the one (1) time boost. go up to #3 in the FS list, then they start to get actual prizes. but like always, inno is offering very cheap prizes. not worth the effort actually. just like the last event. Many got interested in part one, got turned off with such cheap awards and did not bother with part 2.
Loved the new event, but disappointed in the rewards

Shellizzie

Sorry if this has been answered but here goes.....Is there any way to see the scores, ranks, who participated etc after the event? This would be important information IMHO.

DeletedUser1390

View attachment 2376
Maybe it gives culture, but only until you place it? lol nice.

This is almost certainly a display issue, they just neglected to put the culture you are getting in the info box.

No, we were not awarded any ranking points.

We received the 6000 points we earned added to our fellowship total, though not to any individual member. You'd only see it if you checked your total score first and saw it change, or by adding up all your member scores - though the problem with the second method is that the total score indicated has often been wrong anyway!

Galdrias

I agree with all the comments about cycling through the quests. Perhaps the quests could be set up as a list and players could get credit towards badges as they complete productions rather than having to focus on one production at a time. Not everyone can sit behind the game for an hour or two to complete one production before moving on. Sometimes, a player can do a series of short productions, but then has other commitments and needs to set a longer production. As it is, without finishing the badge for the shorter one that isn't possible unless the player elects to lose all progress. I'm not certain why it would matter if players received credit toward a badge as they completed productions, with the badge being awarded when all the requirements are met, versus having to complete a single badge at a time.

It also would be helpful if the badges created by the members in the fellowship were combined into an inventory, so to speak, accessible to all members in the fellowship rather than just the member who created it. Even dividing up among members who will complete which badges leaves everyone at one person's mercy if that person can't get into the game for some time when his or her badges are needed for a particular waypoint or crossroad. Having the inventory, would (1) permit other members to see what is already done and (2) permit the fellowship to use all members' badges when needed versus having to wait for a player to get into the game.

Finally, it would be nice to have statistics available at least for the Archmages to see which members participated and what they produced.

Personally, I though the event was fun. Had a bit of a learning curve, but I suppose that is to be expected.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It also would be helpful if the badges created by the members in the fellowship were combined into an inventory, so to speak, accessible to all members in the fellowship rather than just the member who created it. Even dividing up among members who will complete which badges leaves everyone at one person's mercy if that person can't get into the game for some time when his or her badges are needed for a particular waypoint or crossroad. Having the inventory, would (1) permit other members to see what is already done and (2) permit the fellowship to use all members' badges when needed versus having to wait for a player to get into the game.
Please consider sharing your opinion on this suggestion.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Peer pressure might be an issue if it showed you who voted, and how they voted, but simply knowing how an idea is generally viewed shouldn't affect very many people. With most of the votes, you can always look at he results before you vote, anyway.

And since the poll-votes are mostly meaningless, I'm not worried. All it does is provide a window into whether an idea is generally favored or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.