• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.39

DeletedUser9080

I just got the Crystal Lighthouse ... and You change it.
< grumble..., grumble..., grumble... >

So, if I understand the change correctly, we are only going to get the Extra Goods Rewards 'Three Times every 24 hours', just like the way Extra Reward Chests are given out?

Kinda-sorta suks, if ya ask me.
:mad:

DeletedUser9601

I just got the Crystal Lighthouse ... and You change it.
< grumble..., grumble..., grumble... >

So, if I understand the change correctly, we are only going to get the Extra Goods Rewards 'Three Times every 24 hours', just like the way Extra Reward Chests are given out?

Kinda-sorta suks, if ya ask me.
:mad:
It is a downgrade if you visit more than 30 people a day. So yes, the change for most of us stinks. Not sure whether the cool mountain-side graphics are going to be worth devoting all this space to a mediocre wonder.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
"The chatbox arrow would change direction for no reason." strictly speaking, means that one of the following: you didn't find the reason and the problem fixed itself; you found the problem and fixed it, which means there was a reason; or you believe the calculations of quantum physics are applicable to programming. I'm curious to know if your programmers are on the level of the few who understand the calculations of quantum physics or if one or the other explanations are correct. LOL.

In any case, I'm glad you were able to apply a fix to an un-caused effect. God would be proud.

AJ

DeletedUser9080

I can honestly say that I have never noticed the "Chat Box Arrow" ever do anything but just sit there.
And which "Arrow" are we talking about...
The White One on the Left hand side or the Green & White one at the bottom, cause you know, if they were randomly switching then it must be a Quantum Physics thingy like Ajqtrz mentioned.

Of course, this is probably just a distraction to keep us from blowing our stacks over the oh so wonderful change to the Ancient Wonders They just neutered.

I'm gonna go with Tedious' assessment and say that the "Pretty Mountainside Picture" probably is no longer worth the amount of space it's progenitor takes up.
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4045

It is a downgrade if you visit more than 30 people a day. So yes, the change for most of us stinks. Not sure whether the cool mountain-side graphics are going to be worth devoting all this space to a mediocre wonder.
Absolutely a downgrade. I visit way more than 30. Is this truly to improve thru put time or a way of reducing our ability to collect goods? Process thruput is always important to the quality of the game, but I am more concerned with this being a deliberate take away for the advanced players.

DeletedUser9080

I like and understand all of the changes except for the impact on the CL and BS Aw's. I am concerned about the impact of this one.
I'm pretty sure most folks who have been around for awhile, are going to be a bit more than "concerned"...

And I'm gonna guess that They already know that They are NOT going to "Love Our Feedback" on this one.

They essentially just neutered those two AW's.
:eek:

DeletedUser9080

In what way is this "higher rewards when performing Neighborly Help?"

"From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Help.
These rewards won't be added automatically but trigger when a treasure chest is available."

I'm not really sure about that wording either...

Does it perhaps mean that the same % number of goods will collect in the background and then only be granted when a Chest is given?

OR

Is it just going to calculate a higher % number of goods to give each time a chest is acquired?

:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4195

Once upon a time, in a land called Elvenar, there was a reason to upgrade a Crystal Lighthouse to level 25 and visit 200 neighbours a day. Then one day some nasty humans came along and ruined everything. Soon after, the townsfolk began tearing down their Ancient Wonders to free up space in their crowded towns. Armories suddenly sprung up where once there were only parks and playgrounds. The people quit visiting one another, they became angry and isolated. Finally, war broke out!! Only diamond players, who could afford nuclear weapons, were left.

DeletedUser9080

This feels just like what SPRINT did to their original "Loyal Customer Program"...
After 10 years one would get a 15% discount on assorted SPRINT services.
As soon as a very large number of folks began hitting the 10 year mark, They discontinued the offer.
I was two months into the offer when They also decided it wouldn't be 'grandfathered' to folks who had already reach the goal.

Talk about being pizzed...
Needless to say they lost more than, quite a few of their "Loyal" customers that year.

I wonder how many backward changes it'll take for a majority of Elvenar Players to feel less loyal?

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser9247

So...you've had your feedback on beta that said DO NOT WANT!! Now you're shoving it here with the same lack of accurate decryption and any solid information about the change.
And you wan't feedback?! What for?!
Well, clearly it doesn't matter what the feedback is. There is a "PLAN" and we either put up with being spoon fed your dogma or finally break free and give you your righteously earned "it sucks" review...
I'm ever so nearing that point.

qaccy

So after reading on beta, all I could find was that the amount of goods rewarded is '10 times higher' but limited to the 3 chests a day one is able to obtain through visiting. This means that it's certainly a downgrade on this effect for anyone who visits more than 30 people per day (or who doesn't look for/open treasure chests), but anyone who visits fewer than this many players but still opens 3 chests a day will see an improvement. Though I'm sure there are going to be people who immediately claim otherwise, many players only visit those who they have golden hands with, so on the whole this change is pretty much just that, a change, rather than being worse or better.

Also keep in mind that the bonus to NH duration on culture buildings is remaining completely unchanged, and that has a pretty significant impact as well for those who rely on culture through NH.

DeletedUser7738

Changing BS & CL will have a huge impact on the game, not just in the gathering of supplies & gold, but in neighborhood camaraderie and help ! Now we are even more isolated within our FS circles. I am very disappointed in Inno, like what was said in #11 above:
The people quit visiting one another, they became angry and isolated. Finally, war broke out!!
It's almost like a lunatic president is presiding over Inno, saying things like, "Let's make Inno great again!", "To hell with the people, build the wall!" and "only the wealthiest 1% matter." ...

DeletedUser9601

Its definitely a downgrade, but its not unexpected. Think about the game design:
1. There's very few opportunities to "force" more resources out of the game (except with cash/diamonds). Other than grinding 5-minute workshop builds to get more supplies, generally you get what the game gives you in gold, coins and supplies. You can optimize these three to match your playstyle, and you can be more efficient with resources, but the game is generally designed such that the person who sits with the screen open for 10 hours a day isn't much better off than the person with the screen open for 1 hour a day.

So if there's a Wonder that rewards similar "grindy" play (which CL definitely does), you now have a game mechanic that is hard to balance. If CL gets too strong, it becomes a requirement for high-level players to have (and to do 300 visits a day), because you can't stay on top if your neighbor is cranking out an extra 5K+ goods a day just through 10 minutes of clicking. Then developers have to re-balance tech/building/guest race goods costs assuming that everyone in Fairies onward is getting 5K+ extra goods a day, because all the top players are doing it. Now, after they re-balance, if you don't have a CL, you're SOL, and need to build one, and also grind. These changes let the developers cap the goods a CL can provide, making their jobs easier. Yes, it hurts us, and yes it sucks. But it 100% makes sense.

2. There's a clear push towards a mobile app, and I'm guessing that the mobile app will somehow alter how Neighborly Help works. I'd assume this change is made with an eye towards these larger changes.

DeletedUser6547

Not related to this patch, but fix that trade lag time. Its horrible waiting for stuff 15-infinite after you receive the flag saying your friend made the trade.
Related to last patch: the chat window is affected to some users. Has not affected me, but for them only mailing helps them talk. Have asked em to post that here.

DeletedUser4220

Once upon a time, in a land called Elvenar, there was a reason to upgrade a Crystal Lighthouse to level 25 and visit 200 neighbours a day. Then one day some nasty humans came along ...
Once upon a time people leveled their AWs the fair way. Then one day nasty KEEBLERS (with his 50 alts on Khelonaar server) rigged the game by self-donating 190,000+ KPs to his AWs, leveling them almost all to lvl25 withing couple months. Then sneaky BREANN (with his 25 fake alts) came around and got 61,000+ ratings from his AWs withing few weeks. And INNO has done nothing to stop them even after most of our fellowship complained about it.