• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spooktacular Halloween Event!

DeletedUser10008

As I anticipated when first seeing this quest list, so many are greatly disappointed by getting close, working hard with enthusiasm, and not getting to reap the building rewards. Those that had no heads up about the quest list were set up. An elderly (she is so sweet) player in a fellowship I am new to, is thinking of stop playing...and that breaks my heart!

Tauriel Dragonwood

Is English your first language?
Okay mucksterme, I'll rephrase my reply so you can understand it. From the responses I have read, many of us like participating in challenging events. We don't expect the quests to be easy, just possible to complete. A questline that says to upgrade a building to Level 20 is not possible for many players.

Having an alternative option when asked to Solve Encounters would help players who find themselves unable to conquer provinces on the World Map because battles are too overwhelming to win nor negotiate (without spending diamonds) because Orcs are required to trade, and they're not in the Orcs chapter yet.

In my opinion and from the responses I have read, many Elvenar players just want the events to be possible, not frustrating, to complete. Oh and most important, FUN.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Okay mucksterme, I'll rephrase my reply so you can understand it. From the responses I have read, many of us like participating in challenging events. We don't expect the quests to be easy, just possible to complete. A questline that says to upgrade a building to Level 20 is not possible for many players.

Having an alternative option when asked to Solve Encounters would help players who find themselves unable to conquer provinces on the World Map because battles are too overwhelming to win nor negotiate (without spending diamonds) because Orcs are required to trade, and they're not in the Orcs chapter yet.

In my opinion and from the responses I have read, many Elvenar players just want the events to be possible, not frustrating, to complete. Oh and most important, FUN.

that is totally unresponsive to my post

learn to forum

DeletedUser12423

Thanks Ironman, good advice! :)

Any time, glad you made it!

From the responses I have read, many of us like participating in challenging events. We don't expect the quests to be easy, just possible to complete. A questline that says to upgrade a building to Level 20 is not possible for many players.

I agree. And I know there are a lot of players that share that perspective. I found the event almost too challenging, and without help I couldn't have done it.
But I also found it fun, and I liked the storyline lol

So, let's do a short summary. First, let's consider how difficult it must be to design one event that fits all player types. You have your veterans, you have your newbies, you have your cashers, and you have your free-to-players. You have players still in the early chapters. Most in the mid chapters. And many in the late chapters. It must be extremely difficult to please all players with the same event. Because, unless you want automatic free rewards, the event must be carefully designed to be challenging for ALL player types across the board. Difficult to design and balance, indeed.

With that said, having designed games myself, I would give this event around 6.5 on the 1-10 scale, 1 being poor, 10 being perfect. And here's why:

1) The event wasn't impossible. It was just very difficult and time consuming.
2) The rewards are beautiful, and well designed. The art is great and they won't need nerfed.
3) We were given almost two weeks and tournaments to participate.
4) The rating would have been higher had they split the rewards. One at 20, and the second at 32.
5) More options would have been nice on some of the steps. Options help all player types ^ ^
6) It could have been much worse. And the storyline is better then the Fall Event storyline =)

Well, hope you had fun, folks! I did! Let's look forward to the winter event now =D

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

let's consider how difficult it must be to design one event that fits all player types.
Aye, very true. What I don't understand because both games are from Inno, if Forge of Empires can make the events so all levels of players are able to complete the quests, why can't Elvenar?

My best buddy just brought up a good point. Forge of Empire quests are based on your age. Their quests will say "Build a Building from your age." Why can't the events in Elvenar say, "Build a building or level up a Building from your chapter or previous chapter." Not build a level 20 building. That is not flexible and not based on whatever chapter you are in.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12423

Aye, very true. What I don't understand because both games are from Inno, if Forge of Empires can make the events so all levels of players are able to complete the quests, why can't Elvenar?

They probably have two seperate teams. I never played FoE, I might try it sometime ^ ^

They may also have one team, but only a small portion of that team working on events for Elvenar? I think our feedback probably helps them quite a bit for future events, so let's not let them down!

Tauriel Dragonwood

I agree. Our feedback does help. The encounters were shortened to 4 encounters/province, instead of 8.in the tournaments because the game devs listened to our complaints and suggestions. FoE is great but can be confrontational at times when you're dealing with guilds on the GvG map. The Guild Expeditions I enjoy more. They're like Elvenar's tournaments. When I need to relax after the hectic fighting over there, the peaceful realm of Elvenar is most welcoming.

DeletedUser

They probably have two seperate teams.

INNO has several games, and each one has its own separate team.

I started out playing FoE two years ago; I have cities on several servers, but I'm only active on three now. The game has its good points, but if you don't like having your city attacked and plundered on a regular basis, don't play it. Some players will only attack for points and plunder your lowest value building only if a quest requires it; other players are nothing more than bullies and will tell you straight up that if you do not aid their city and/or contribute Forge Points to their Great Buildings they will hit you every 24 hours. There's not much you can do about it because it's a strategy game, and PvP is part of the game.

That's why I came here, because Elvenar is an entirely different thing.

DeletedUser3468

Aye, true but it would be very time consuming to compete in the tournaments for the rewards all by yourself, and a wee bit lonely too. You can learn a lot from an Arch Mage if you join a fellowship, especially from those leaders who take the extra step to help their fellowship have fun discovering the ancient secrets of Elvenar. We should have an Arch Mage Day to show our appreciation for all the Elvenar players that create fellowships.

Those of us who elect to have single person (or those with 2 or 3 friends) Fellowship so we can participate in the Tournements aren't doing it to complete the tournement or earn the less than awesome rewards... that would be a bit ridiculous. We do it to get relics, rune shards, and extra KP. (At least I do) It comes in very handy during Special Events to have the option of doing the tournement to pick up relics for those "Obtain X number of Relics" quests.

I belong to Fellowships in 5 of the 6 worlds I play. I'm a Mage in 2 of the 5 and have turned down the Mage position in one other. I was (briefly) an Arch Mage in a small group until we merged with another small group. I didn't really care for the position. I'm quite familiar with the benefits of Fellowship Membership and the restrictions of it too, depending on the Fellowship. I choose to go it on my own in Elcysandir so I can do my thing without answering to anyone but myself. :p

Judging by the number of 1, 2 & 3 person Fellowships I'm seeing out in my worlds, I'm not alone in this! ;)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Those of us who elect to have single person (or those with 2 or 3 friends) Fellowship so we can participate in the Tournements aren't doing it to complete the tournement or earn the less than awesome rewards... that would be a bit ridiculous. We do it to get relics, rune shards, and extra KP.

Aside from some spells, the relics, shards, and kp ARE the tournament rewards. So yes, you are participating for the rewards, as ridiculous as that may be.

Risen Malchiah

Do people still get the "A New Tournament Has Started" banner if they aren't in an FS?
I never did and I don't recall the tournament tent appearing in the world map either. I think I played the first 3 chapters before I joined a fellowship. I had heard of the tournaments on this forum but thought they were a discontinued feature.
I was just in between fellowships today in one of my cities and I can confirm the following. When not in a fellowship:

- There is no tournament tent on the world map to indicate when the next is starting
- The chat window and the Fellowship icon in your city mention fellowship benefits including trading, chatting and messages, but there is no mention of tournaments or fellowship adventures
- In the ranking points window, the tournament and fellowship adventures roster are not visible.

So now there is literally no way a new player will ever know the tournaments exist unless they hear about it or happen to join a fellowship on a whim. This is a serious flaw in the game. I'll make a more detailed post about this with pictures in the Ideas section soon.

Last edited: