• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Double Days on Instants

DeletedUser5800

Preface:
There has been a general distaste to downright anger spreading around many threads and groups about the double days being on battle buffs, most saying they should be on buildings. I disagree with that, I actually like the way it is, but I also like the battle buffs and would be none to happy if they were on buildings.

Proposition:
I propose that perhaps they should be on days when the Daily Prize is Instants under the logic that instants benefit every play style.

Fair compromise while getting more people hooked on speeding things up. (;);) Sales Department)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My only concern is that this might make instants too desireable. As you point out: they are already the only prize that benefits all playstyles, and they also don't become obsolete like other prizes, so they don't really need the boost. I'd be hard pressed to not always choose them over all other prizes if they also gave me the third grand prize. (I'm sure I'd math it out so that I have some keys left over for another building or 2, but still)

DeletedUser13467

My only concern is that this might make instants too desireable.
Nonsense. The battle buffs are already spells in their own way. Moving the double crowns to an item which ALL players could benefit from is wise.

ONLY late game players benefit from the battle buffs.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, on one of the small cities in a secondary fellowship, a Chapter 3 player was enjoying some of the buffs from the fall event last week. He used lots of human heavy fighters and had pretty-much zero losses in most of the tourney. His only complaint was that with only 5 silk provinces open, he couldn't do more.

DeletedUser13467

I'm not sure he's sorry that he appreciates them when you think he shouldn't
Those are solely your words.
Welcome to the brown-noser list :)

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

I'd be hard pressed to not always choose them over all other prizes
I didn't say an amount on the instants, although I suppose the ones that are dailies already is implied. Solution: Make them not as cool. I'm sure they could find a balance that made them less desirable but still desirable, like 3x 5 hr or 25% of x... enough to be cool but not the coolest.

DeletedUser7527

To be used to the full potential definitely. They could still be useful to people having trouble from over scouting or getting tech. they shouldn't have ect. like almost everyone does... but those people could still totally get them anyway if they so desired.
Nice sig Lord Draco i like that

SoggyShorts

Exactly why I am correct. They are LATE game only.
The best thing about the military buffs are that they let you do more in tournaments, and for anyone in EARLY game those extra KP and relics (especially for your boost) are fantastic. Late game players have very little need for even more relics, runes, or spells since they have/get so many, EARLY game players need the benefits of the tournament more than they do.

Join the "I can see more than one side"....side.;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Late game players have very little need for relics, runes, or spells since they have so many, EARLY game players need the benifits of the tournament more than they do.
I need relics to make spells! and spells! and Kp! and Points!... you are right about runes. ;)

SoggyShorts

I need relics to make spells! and spells! and Kp! and Points!... you are right about runes. ;)
Yeah, to be clear I mean late game players don't need the extra relics from doing more in the tournament. Getting ~1600 points should get you more relics than your MA can cook unless it's upgraded to level 4+. And if your MA is level 4+ that means you are a diamond player and should be able to regularly do even more in the tournament.

DeletedUser5800

Getting ~1600 points should get you more relics than your MA can cook unless it's upgraded to level 4+.
It is. :p and I get low on P.o.P. relics every cycle doing 4K+ in those 2 tournaments! If I ever skip one I'll bottom out. 9 weeks is a long time! Over 200 relics... and I just leveled it up to 5 so make near 400. :eek:

DeletedUser13467

and for anyone in EARLY game those extra KP and relics
In EARLY game you dont have enough PROVINCES to make that effective. So AGAIN. I REPEAT. THEY ARE LATE GAME only. A temporary piece of garbage that isn't worth the SPACE early game.
Late game players have very little need for even more relics, runes, or spells since they have/get so many, EARLY game players need the benefits of the tournament more than they do.
LATE game players simply farm tournament KP, the ONE and ONLY use for these trash items. Having the battle buffs on double crown day dumps on EARLY players.

Join the CORRECT side :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

In EARLY game you dont have enough PROVINCES to make that effective.
  • Early players can still have 100+ provinces* cleared.
  • That opens up over a dozen of each kind of province.
  • Most early players aren't clearing all of the possible provinces every tournament.
  • Even if your boost isn't for a province type where you can have a building buff, they can still save you troops for some types enabling you to train more troops for your boosted tournament instead.
Just because you don't know how to use a tool doesn't mean it's a bad tool.

And you're missing the most obvious point: EARLY game players will eventually become LATE game players, and they can hang on to those buildings until then.

*Even for the really new players with fewer provinces available, clearing provinces on the tournament for cheaper saves troops for other things like world map fighting

DeletedUser188

Early players can still have 100+ provinces* cleared.
What do you define as a early player
100 provinces would be needed to unlock the advanced scouts in dwarf chapter
If that player followed the requirements from the chests and not over scouted
Even if they did over scout they would at least be in chapter 4
Not exactly an early player if you ask me
I have an end of tech tree city and a chapter 3 city and I don't want or need the stupid battle buffs in either one
Am I wrong ?
Before you answer that was a rhetorical question
Just because you don't know how to use a tool doesn't mean it's a bad tool.
Just because someone don't share your point of view doesn't make their point of view wrong