• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think these FAs are a waste of precious time that could be spent elsewhere doing something more fun. To see lengthy, repetitious quests that you need to complete to reach the elusive Bottomless Pit, which three of my fellowships have not seen yet, tells me the writers have run out of ideas.

DeletedUser2163

Tauriel you might be right I have yet to get to the last of these quest and they get crazy after you get half way done and yet you still play and they give you the most useless stuff I play for relics and you give me more and books really: I what the good stuff like buildings and money like the other games with the same effect and charmers you can use later like hammer boosts yeah I want that now this useless senseless stuff so yeah I agree they ran out of ideas:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Who in FrackingHeck came up with paths that COST RELICS? Are you insane?
Creating spells already costs us relics.
It probably is the fault of player feedback.
I know that many of us have asked for something to use our boosted relics on since spells don't take those, and you only need a handful for AW upgrades.

Obviously this is not what we had in mind, but inno can be a bit of a "Corrupted Genie"
ready-for-double-digits-again.png

DeletedUser4865

Its very clear that the FS challenges are tilted toward the larger top ten FS’s. ...
Do you honestly think the prizes are worth the effort for the top tier FA's? Really?

... We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new upcoming feature: Fellowship Adventures! Please post below and let us know what you think.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
We have - for some 41 pages of feed back. and personally I've seen squat diddly for a reply from Inno. Are they pretending to be IBM? "We don't care - because we don't have to!" What hurt the most was all the effort to build badges in the last FA - and they all just vanished. Well thanks for nothing, Inno. Way to lose your fan base!

SoggyShorts

What hurt the most was all the effort to build badges in the last FA - and they all just vanished. Well thanks for nothing, Inno. Way to lose your fan base!
During the very first FA on Beta we were allowed to keep our badges to use in the second FA on Beta, and the feedback the devs got from players was that it creates far too much imbalance and that it should stop.
So your example of inno not listening to feedback is actually a perfect example of where they did listen:D

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Assuming that all the fellowships that are interested in the current FA have begun and at least completed the starting waypoint, I find only 20% of the fellowships on Khelonaar are participating. I'm wondering if this is true of other servers.

In our case we chose not to do so as the level of enthusiasm was so low that we actually, after having pulled the plug on the thing, heard a big sigh of relief. At least a couple members expressed their dread at participating as the FA was too close to the last one, and too close to the special Quest. Some thought the additional relic cost too much. We are probably an average fellowship in that we have large and small players and players with different goals, so I suspect the same reasons for "dreading" the FA would be given in other fellowships. In any case, if it's not fun, we don do it, and, coming so quickly after the last one, to us it's not fun.

AJ

skeeter6060

It's a shame we were getting all grared we have several brand new members not only to our fellowship but to the game and we have been hyping up the adventures and how good they are and that you have to be in a fellowship then when it comes out you have made it harder to complete especialy for the new players and the prizes are worthless for as much work has to be done to complete we really could care less about this adventure and in fact we haven't even made the openning way point and not really sure we will very disapointed

DeletedUser9551

I m so disappoint by this game nowadays, the fellowship adventure has become unplayable, i will not let my fellowship participate (we re in Senya Arda, or whatever it s spelled) come on 30-35 relic for one key (and we need 3) who got 4 provinces not explored and unlocked?! and if not relic, let's put in orcs head, gee, i m the leader of my fellowship and i don't even get that open.. so much less my fellow members! and even if i could somehow open those and finish , the prize we d won it not worth getting, and i ' m so crowded with houses, factories and workshops, i could not possibly put it on the city map! (i m out of places!) and do you know how much time is needed to produce/ trade for 30-35k of some material! get real inno! We all know you re starving to get real money for the game, but that s not the way to do it!

SoggyShorts

, and i ' m so crowded with houses, factories and workshops, i could not possibly put it on the city map! (i m out of places!)
As I explained in the other thread, you have way too much stuff in your city. Drop 1 of each factory and the residences that support them, and you will have loads of space.

DeletedUser8187

I like the new badges, leaning towards giving up relics. I have more relics than I can make in spells. Especially since we also get spells on visits. I have a stock pile of relics and I'm still a smallish city. So long as the number required stay reasonable -the 30 is manageable. I appreciate that we don't need as many badges as before. With the different areas making the items for badges, it seems more efficient. Workshop, manufacturing, magic academy, and barracks can all work on a different badge at the same time. I like that better.

Only thing I HATE-giving up goods, and I find the amounts large.

Arayla

@Rop1964, I took a look at your city and I strongly recommend that you switch to boosted-only manufactories. You will produce so much more because of the relic boosts (yours are steel, scrolls and elixir). You will have so much free space that the game will seem easy by comparison.

DeletedUser3949

I m so disappoint by this game nowadays, the fellowship adventure has become unplayable, i will not let my fellowship participate (we re in Senya Arda, or whatever it s spelled) come on 30-35 relic for one key (and we need 3) who got 4 provinces not explored and unlocked?! and if not relic, let's put in orcs head, gee, i m the leader of my fellowship and i don't even get that open.. so much less my fellow members! and even if i could somehow open those and finish , the prize we d won it not worth getting, and i ' m so crowded with houses, factories and workshops, i could not possibly put it on the city map! (i m out of places!) and do you know how much time is needed to produce/ trade for 30-35k of some material! get real inno! We all know you re starving to get real money for the game, but that s not the way to do it!
It uses saved relics.. you don't have to get new relics like you do in the quests.

Shellizzie

We are doing really well this time around, 3rd place in E world. We like the different badges, the wonders, coins etc.
My only complaint is that the amount of magic acadamy spells needed is out of this world. Our smallest player, 16000 points, takes 24 hours to build one Manufactoring spell. My fully upgraded academy takes 8 hours. Needing an exess of 100 badges needing that spell is outrageous.
Aside from that we are enjoying the teamwork and we will get through it and will have cleared stage 1 and 2 and most, if not all of 3 by the time we are done.

SoggyShorts

My only complaint is that the amount of magic acadamy spells needed is out of this world.
I haven't really looked at what it takes for a full clear before...
I think the easiest way is to have everyone cook 1 EE and 1 MM before the FA starts, and then get most of the rest from the tournament:
1 ****(4)
2 ***(3)
3 *****(5)
4 ****(4)
5***(3)
6 *****(5)
7 ****(4)
8 ***(3)
9 *****(5)
That gives 150 PoP, 150 EE(plus the 25 you prepped before the FA), and 75 MM(plus the 25 you prepped before the FA)
On top of that if each player makes 2 MM you pretty much all done.
Note: Province #9 to 5 stars might suck, so you could drop that to 2 stars and have everyone cook 1 more MM

Last edited:

Shellizzie

I haven't really looked at what it takes for a full clear before...
I think the easiest way is to have everyone cook 1 EE and 1 MM before the FA starts, and then get most of the rest from the tournament:
1 ****(4)
2 ***(3)
3 *****(5)
4 ****(4)
5***(3)
6 *****(5)
7 ****(4)
8 ***(3)
9 *****(5)
That gives 150 PoP, 150 EE(plus the 25 you prepped before the FA), and 75 MM(plus the 25 you prepped before the FA)
On top of that if each player makes 2 MM you pretty much all done.
Note: Province #9 to 5 stars might suck, so you could drop that to 2 stars and have everyone cook 1 more MM

We will have to keep those in mind. We did have everyone create spells prior to the FA. But we did not totally run the numbers for the spells.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I agree with you mithrilandtj. Relics are hard to come by. We need them to upgrade Ancient Wonders and to cast spells. The Fellowship Adventure quest asking for spells did raise my fellowship's participation in the tournament, which was where I won the spells required to unlock a waypoint. I still hate wasting time cycling through the quest givers.Because Inno is not improving this feature, one of my fellowships refuses to join in on the Fellowship Adventures.

By the way, anyone else experiencing Server Error problems logging into Elvenar? Thank goodness we have the Forum. I have no other way to contact Support and alert them of this problem.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’m hearing this all over Elvenar lately: “Nooooooo! Fellowship Adventures have returned.

At the start of the FA, the Blue Path is the easiest if you want to try.
Our Dragons think it’s a waste of time, which makes me want to cry.

Diamond Necklaces take a day to produce. The FA should not even have a quest that takes this long because of the time constraint. We only have 3 days to make it to the Bottomless Pit. I like to call it the Phantom Pit because I have never seen it.

Start stocking up on your Knowledge Points (KP). The Green Path for the 2nd trek up the mountain requires Wonder Society Badges. I like those badges. Our Knights can donate 10 KPs to other players' Ancient Wonders.

What I don't like is cycling, almost fourteen times, through the quests. Be careful you don't miss the quest you want. Some of the quests I build 7-10 buildings to complete. If we are working on a particular Fellowship Adventure Quest, why can't the game designers leave that quest there, instead of having us cycle through all the quests again to find the one we're working on?

Risen Malchiah

Or, and I can't believe this hasn't come up before (unless I'm mistaken), why can't Elvenar do what virtually every other game does which is to track everything automatically and unlock the badges the way achievements are unlocked in most games?

Imagine simply making and collecting things at your leisure, without needing a particular quest to be active. This eliminates the quest cycling, the quest glitches, the endless clicking, accidental collection, and those times when quests are only partially filled which prevents you from doing something else til it's done or risk losing your progress. More people would participate and everyone would be much happier.

A separate window could be opened (much like the window we use to spend snowflakes or the like) but instead of prize boxes, it would list all the badges available to be made, our progress for each one and how many badges we have.

SoggyShorts

track everything automatically and unlock the badges the way achievements are unlocked in most games?
During a major event when you spend 140 snowflakes to open a large chest and get 20 snowglobes, they automatically count towards the first grand prize, so I think your idea should work.
Even if we got the somewhat annoying "Awesome" pop-up, simply giving us a farmers badge for every 5 groceries collected would be an incredible improvement. Even better would be the way snowflakes around your city are collected now; just a little +1 floating up the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.