• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
what you said:
I think its sort of funny how the 'elvenar team' will show up in this thread but when members are discussing issues with the game, they can't be bothered.
What I heard:
"I think it's funny that they show up in a thread they created, to collect input they asked for, but not in the threads that are mostly people whining about change."​

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No separate thread for discussion?

Ok then, here's my thoughts as a late game player:
Even if the new building gave 1,000 culture per square, more than any other building in the game, would 4K culture make any difference to a player in chapter 11+?
For a culture&pop, something better than even the tower of the winter king giving 400 pop and culture per square wouldn't have a great impact on chapter 11+

Of the choices, something that makes seeds is clearly better than a 4 square culture or culture&pop building would be for late game players.
For other chapters anything more space efficient than a normal building is fine, since everything you need can be obtained with other buildings, and space lets you get more of it. I don't imagine chapter 9+ players want a pure culture when they need mana and get so much culture from those mana buildings already though.

Since the coins/supplies/mana/seeds buildings tend to help late game players more than others, and late game players are the smallest demographic, I don't expect it to win the vote. Although it has a chance if late game players are disproportionately represented on the forums where the votes are happening. I suspect that in a vote that is basically chapter 1-8 vs 9+ that the pop&culture hybrid will win.

Something unique would have been nice, like a culture or culture and pop building that also
  • counts as any set building
  • counts as a road
  • boosts the level of an AW that it touches
  • boosts factories or workshops that it touches like a weaker PoP/MM spell
  • speeds up production of buildings that it touches
  • gives timer instants every x hours
  • lets you hold additional builder buffs
  • gives you an additional scout every x days
  • produces event currency
I'm sure we could come up with something more interesting than the choices we've been given.:(

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Xelenia, thanks for the link. Your message could get lost here and Elvenar players
will not know we are now voting on the effect for the community based building.

Found where the discussion is. Aider put the next Community Based Building Question to vote on under the Forum Announcements.
News A community based building, pt. 2!

Last edited:

DeletedUser5917

The Part 2 discussion link re-directs back to here. Says i don't have the privileges to post under the Part 2 vote.

DeletedUser9601

Something unique would have been nice, like a culture or culture and pop building that also
  • counts as a road
I'm sure we could come up with something more interesting than the choices we've been given.:(
This is a great post, and really hits home something I don't understand about the point of this building. Why is it a "community building"? Why is it special? Right now it looks like we're heading towards a kind of small, event-like building. Unless Part 3 is "what special ability should the building have" and looks like the list above, I don't see why this building separates it from anything else in the game, or makes it especially "communal."

EDIT: I re-read some of the initial announcements, and based on reading between the lines, this looks like a prize/reward for people participating on the forums, facebook, twitter, etc. So I don't think we should expect it to be especially powerful or interesting. I was expecting some sort of mechanic whereby the building required community involvement, or benefited from the community, or something like that. I think I, and others, were too optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will like to direct everyone to go vote on the effect of the building

also
  • counts as a road

• Storage
;)

DeletedUser115

Hi all, I have posted the thread under announcements, along with the poll. When reading the announcement, you'll see the main thread will link back to this discussion thread. I will see about creating a new discussion thread next time. I really just wanted all feedback on one thread, but I see Aelfwine did this as the main poll for the first question. My bad for the confusion! :X

Pheryll

Set Designer
I would prefer something that does not require roads. The small sizes suggested are perfect for fitting in the middle of settlements or in other places blocked of from road access. And why not add in a small perk as well? Such as insert a blueprint to give a 5 day 50% boost to heavy range, or the like.

DeletedUser14412

By mistake I voted for Culture + Extra Culture (Extra!) because at first I thought if the structure was Culture + Population Boost, wouldn't the extra population detract from the culture bonus. Then after I voted I realized that buildings (not population) is what detract from culture (houses and manufactures) however unlike the first round voting, I can't change my vote nor can I reply to that thread. :( Thankfully the 'Culture + Population Boost' is so far winning the vote.

My city is currently at level 4 and I noticed that some have posted that culture was not important to them because of the level they are at? Isn't culture required for buildings no mater what level you are at?

DeletedUser8847

4x1or 1x4 are probably better than 2x2

The big questions:
Will it need a road?
  • A 2x2 building that needs a road requires 5 squares (assuming there is a building across the street sharing the road.
  • A 1x4 or 4x1 that needs a road only takes up 4.5 squares.
Will it give culture?
  • I don't want people buffing a tiny 2x2 building because I'm sure it won't be as much culture as a bigger building, so making it
  • 1x4 or 4x1 is the better option to prevent wasted buffs.

Does this mean that only a limited number of players can get it? I understand that participation on the forums and/or social media is required, but the use of the word "contest" implies winners and losers...

Follow-up to that question: Do you need to participate on both the forums and social media? Is there any advantage to doing so, or is participation on just 1 the same?

Good questions.
We always need some culture buildings.
May I suggest a question too

Will it give population?

I d favor 2X2 still.

Risen Malchiah

Noooo @Aider the new poll to determine function of the building is way too limited in options. Please include a "None of the above" option so that it counts those who WANT to vote, but who don't like the options available. Culture, Cult/Pop or Cult/Goods are way too generic as those functions are already available in so many other buildings. There's nothing unique about this at all. :(

With the 3 options currently listed, there's nothing to vote for.

DeletedUser115

Noooo @Aider the new poll to determine function of the building is way too limited in options. Please include a "None of the above" option so that it counts those who WANT to vote, but who don't like the options available. Culture, Cult/Pop or Cult/Goods are way too generic as those functions are already available in so many other buildings. There's nothing unique about this at all. :(

With the 3 options currently listed, there's nothing to vote for.

Hi Risen,

Unfortunately, those were the only options allowed for the poll as given by the corporate office. If you have other ideas, please feel free to send them my way, and I'll see about getting them forwarded with the list. Sparking a discussion on something different is always good. ;)

SoggyShorts

I say storage, but we both know that's never going to happen. :p
At the risk of derailing the thread, why do so many players want storage? If you don't want a building in your city now, why would you ever want it back in your city after you've unlocked even better buildings? If it's just to make shuffling buildings around easier, plan ahead and do it between guest races, or when you get an expansion.

Risen Malchiah

If you have other ideas, please feel free to send them my way, and I'll see about getting them forwarded with the list. Sparking a discussion on something different is always good. ;)
Your wish is my command. :) Some of the things mentioned so far in this discussion:

- Storage (though I understand there's been resistance to this idea for a long time)
- Culture building determined by a percentage of the player's ranking score (1% would be weak, 2% would be amazing)
- Fellowship bank or vault (My proposal detailed earlier in this thread.)
- Produces something random each day (much like the wishing well)
- Produces 1 diamond per day (365 per year isn't too overpowered)
- Portal (though to where I have no idea)

And Soggy's very solid list:

• counts as a road
This thread has 317 votes so far, including people who joined the forum for the first time just to vote on this building. I'd hate to see such engagement squandered on something generic.

SoggyShorts

- Portal (though to where I have no idea)
The answer to that is obvious.
portal to here.jpg

The land of chocolate of course!