• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent content by Steelhail

1. Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Wow, over 25 pages of trades on Sinya of people trying to get rid of their ingot ascended goods. No help from the wholesaler. I miss sentient goods.
  2. Hide unfair trades coming from outside the FS

I like this proposal but am concerned with how "unfair" might be defined in evaluating off-tier sentient trades. I wouldn't mind taking an offer of 13,000 platinum for 10,000 velvet, since it saves me seeds costs. Seeds costs weigh heavier in later chapters since we have to share it with...
  3. Tournament Changes

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what the video is saying in concrete terms, because I'm not sure what "overall participation" means. In the video, it said, "overall participation in tournaments increased by 25%." That could mean that 25% more players are participating, e.g., that an...
  4. Tournament Changes - Community Feedback and Data

Apologies for the length—I’m sure a lot of this data is boring, but I’m erring on not leaving out pertinent context. What I’m passing along here is focused not on fairness issues but just on sustainability for high tournament scorers transitioning to the system. Before the tournament changes on...
  5. Spire gold by server?

Just to add: HC gets it consistently. Cael hwyl and shangri-la have both gotten gold once. I'm not aware of any others.
  6. News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

I do agree that consolidating 4 encounters to 1 is overall better. And I generally defer to MinMax on all things math. However, I would add to @Ashrem that, since the update simultaneously normalizes 5 enemy slots, it seems the update also reduces the frequency of those "unusually good" battles...
  7. Diamonds unlock additional crafting choice and/or queue

Thanks for catching the upcoming change and its implications. Given those upcoming changes (trying to avoid spoilers here), maybe that mean the forum vote no longer represents forum sentiment, since the changes obviate/complicate some of the “pros” in the proposal? Crafting queue: It seems to...
  8. Adjust spire set goods output

I totally agree. Just saying that if there's a con to consider for the proposal, it's that the designers might have to spend a little extra time tweaking other elements of chapter 16 (and maybe future planned chapters?) if there's not going to be the scrolls surplus. I definitely support the...
  9. Adjust spire set goods output

I wholeheartedly support this. Regarding cons, there might be some subsequent balancing issues to consider. Right now, upgrading the main hall levels 36-37 costs 2700K scrolls but no other tier 2: I suspect there are some spots where developers made tier2 requirements scroll heavy because they...
  10. Diamonds unlock additional crafting choice and/or queue

Unfortunately, it's too late to modify the poll now at the voting stage, but thanks for the feedback! I had considered increasing spell enchantment speed in the proposal, but held back because 1.I hear some complaints from players with level 5 MA that they burn through favorite spell relics...
  11. Up and Down Round and Round

(As a side-point: Even though this thread is about voting, I don’t think it’s meant to be categorized as “voting” (which is the call for an actual vote) but as “forum” (which is described as “forum-related ideas”).) This is an excellent point—I am grateful not simply to have a clear structure...
  12. Up and Down Round and Round

I appreciate your bringing this up @ajqtrz and your ideas here. Regarding alternatives to the "up and down" vote (if I'm rightly understanding your recommendation on breaking down the ideas): one challenge might be that with the kind of added specificity of a "line-item veto" (if you will), it...
  13. How to Calculate Competing Military Buffs and Base Damage?

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere (I might have missed it in Mykan’s Guide), but I’d love help figuring out how different buffs interact with each other and which/whether some affect the base damage. My cursor hovering over the enemy doesn't seem to give the calculated percentage totals...
  14. Upgrade to Max

An additional coding challenge might be that you often would need to use supply/gold instants to raise a building to its max (e.g., even at full main hall, I couldn't raise my level 33 armory directly to a level 37 armory). I'm wondering how instants could be factored in (pay them up front...
  15. Diamonds unlock additional crafting choice and/or queue

Thanks for the feecback! I really like that idea for testing it with a temporary event building. Maybe a good milestone reward? Part of why I was thinking an MA level 6-7 could have the two different effects (both 2-3 crafting queue and 6-7 choices) is Elvenar could target more players (so...