• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Just looked at @Jackluyt event notes (BTW, thank you for doing this yet again). One thing that struck me was that so far every daily exclusive building has been a repeat from previous events. This seems a bit unusual to me. In my experience, they tend to offer brand new buildings once early in the event and a 2nd time late in the event. So normally 1 or 2 brand new buildings would have already popped up. Nothing so far this time.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just looked at @Jackluyt event notes (BTW, thank you for doing this yet again). One thing that struck me was that so far every daily exclusive building has been a repeat from previous events. This seems a bit unusual to me. In my experience, they tend to offer brand new buildings once early in the event and a 2nd time late in the event. So normally 1 or 2 brand new buildings would have already popped up. Nothing so far this time.

There have been at least two new buildings show up and there should be one or two more.

Ancient Taste is brand new. I managed to get one of those.

Edit: to add, I do a lot of reshuffling on Beta, just to see what might come up, and that is how I got the Ancient Taste building. pop/culture and seeds in chapter 15. Not as good for seeds as festival merchant, but enough pop to make up for that.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ah. Then perhaps he has not yet updated the daily exclusives in his event notes.

iDavis had not posted his usual link yet to all the new buildings, so I went and dug his up from a previous event and it loaded automatically to the ones for the Forbidden Ruins event. Looks like there are the 6 pieces of the set, another building only available as a grand prize, and three other ones that will be daily prizes. These three are the ones at the bottom of the list.

Sprite1313

There have been at least two new buildings show up and there should be one or two more.

Ancient Taste is brand new. I managed to get one of those.

Edit: to add, I do a lot of reshuffling on Beta, just to see what might come up, and that is how I got the Ancient Taste building. pop/culture and seeds in chapter 15. Not as good for seeds as festival merchant, but enough pop to make up for that.
How does the ancient taste compare to the magical supply station from the winter event (2100 seeds/day with 5700 culture in chapter 15)? Just curious.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Whats the average time between things hitting Beta, and being included
into the database @ eArchitect ?

Konniver sometimes gets the new stuff in right away and sometimes it takes him a week or so, just depending on his real life schedule. It will be in there before the event hits Live, though. He is not on the US servers, so I can't tag him here.

How does the ancient taste compare to the magical supply station from the winter event (2100 seeds/day with 5700 culture in chapter 15)? Just curious.

Very low culture, but 2200 pop and 2200 seeds/day in chapter 15. I never get buildings based on culture, so this one looks good to me. Looks like you quoted me as I was editing in the link in my previous post.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya were you the one I saw say recently that Inno has the schedule planned out about a year in advance or was that something I might have seen Marindor say over on the Beta forum? I just remember seeing a CM post that somewhere.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It wasn't me, but they have an outline for the year, and very firm plans for the next 6 months

Without giving away anything you are not allowed to, will the rest of this year continue to be a lot different than past years, since we did not have the usual FA after the Winter event, and we are getting the next Sorcerer's Pilgrimage event in Jan, instead of May?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Without giving away anything you are not allowed to, will the rest of this year continue to be a lot different than past years, since we did not have the usual FA after the Winter event, and we are getting the next Sorcerer's Pilgrimage event in Jan, instead of May?
Yes, one of the regular events will be replaced by a different theme, and hopefully, 2 new features added before the end of the year that look to be really great additions. And I'm a player, so I say that as a player, not a CM.

Sprite1313

Konniver sometimes gets the new stuff in right away and sometimes it takes him a week or so, just depending on his real life schedule. It will be in there before the event hits Live, though. He is not on the US servers, so I can't tag him here.

Very low culture, but 2200 pop and 2200 seeds/day in chapter 15. I never get buildings based on culture, so this one looks good to me. Looks like you quoted me as I was editing in the link in my previous post.
LOL. On a building like that, I am mostly concerned with how many seeds it’s gonna give me :) I just didn’t want you to have to look something up to answer my question :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
LOL. On a building like that, I am mostly concerned with how many seeds it’s gonna give me :) I just didn’t want you to have to look something up to answer my question :)

Here is how I look at it. The Festival Merchant is 1500/12 hours, so 3000/day, from the same amount of space as the Ancient Taste. Ancient Taste is 2200/day, or 1100/12 hours, so is having 2200 extra pop in your city worth the 400 less seeds you would make? But for your comparison with the Supply Station, you are getting 100 more seeds a day, pop you did not have at all, and a lot less culture, if the culture matters to you.

Sprite1313

Here is how I look at it. The Festival Merchant is 1500/12 hours, so 3000/day, from the same amount of space as the Ancient Taste. Ancient Taste is 2200/day, or 1100/12 hours, so is having 2200 extra pop in your city worth the 400 less seeds you would make? But for your comparison with the Supply Station, you are getting 100 more seeds a day, pop you did not have at all, and a lot less culture, if the culture matters to you.

The Unbeliever

Yes, one of the regular events will be replaced by a different theme, and hopefully, 2 new features added before the end of the year that look to be really great additions. And I'm a player, so I say that as a player, not a CM.
If I had 1 wish for this year, it would be for +1 new event that would use either the St. Paddy's Day mini game, OR, the Wildlife event mini game from FoE...

Personally, I'd much prefer to see a new event that re-skins & ports over the St. Paddy's mini game, as that one is good fun and keeps a player well engaged for the entire length of the event!! ;)
While it's true that a player can opt for the 'minimal interaction' method and still make a full event building by taking 3-4 days per festival & then use their event currency to open all the chests for the bonus collection prize, it's also a metric gak-ton of fun to challenge one's self on just how efficiently & quickly you can run through each festival and make off with 'oodles and 'oodles of extra grand prizes too!:D

The Wildlife mini game is also a much more interactive one too, but it's more or less about puzzle solving & seeing just how much of your 80's & 90's childhood you whiled away playing Tetris + Dr. Mario. :p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
one of the regular events will be replaced by a different theme, and hopefully, 2 new features added before the end of the year
@SoggyShorts you sure you want to quit again? ;)
Quitting Beta and 1 of 2 Live cities has worked for me so far. It also helps that I wasn't overly interested in the Winter and upcoming* events' prizes so I've chosen to ignore those.
While I am still cruising the forums and interested in the development of the game, vague hints of a new event format and 2 features that could possibly arrive in 11 months might be enough to pique my interest, but certainly won't draw me back full-time. :p

*Note the upcoming event set buildings looked great at a glance, but for me they give T3 and that just doesn't have much value to me when I'm sitting on a 100m reserve

Alram

Flippers just flip
What is the 3rd prize available in the Royal Pass prize list? (The little Leafy thing.)
It was on the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.