• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Lol
For all you know, he  is here - as a player.

Well one of the issues that seems to be hitting the player base is with the long time players that are employees. Previous discussions with moderators revealed that the staff had a large representation in the final chapters, and when balancing occurs with regards to the game, it is often well studied for the final chapters and the anticipated future chapters. But the early chapters end up with a problem, especially when many casual players are still there. The changes add difficulty that interferes with casual play. Spending little time on the game and getting entertainment out of it means much of the content, such as events and FA, desire more engagement than anticipated and many things are seen as mandatory when they produce what is required for AW leveling or quest completion.

Yogi Dave

I've done the math and these new recipes are going to be worthwhile. In fact, they are going to be a better deal than disenchanting. Any 3x4 (or 4x3) size building will disenchant for 720 spell fragments if it is in your inventory. However, if you sell it while in your city then you get 3 combining catalysts. If you disenchant 2 buildings of this size, you end up with 1440 spell fragments. If you put them in your city and sell them, you get 6 CCs. You can then turn these into 2500 spell fragments and 3 vision vaper.
The only problem is you need the buildings in your inventory. Older players might have a lot of these, so it's good for them as long as their supply lasts. Newer players won't have a stockpile. They could get the buildings from events, but when I was fairly new, I targeted buildings I wanted to use, not sell. Maybe it's worth it for newer players to change strategy for this to help them, though that sounds iffy to me.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The only problem is you need the buildings in your inventory. Older players might have a lot of these, so it's good for them as long as their supply lasts. Newer players won't have a stockpile. They could get the buildings from events, but when I was fairly new, I targeted buildings I wanted to use, not sell. Maybe it's worth it for newer players to change strategy for this to help them, though that sounds iffy to me.
Yes. But when you are fairly new you progress through the chapters fairly quickly. My strategy was always to save Royal Restorations for stuff like evolving buildings which was very difficult to replace. I almost never updated daily prize type buildings, I would just win a higher chapter version in a new event. Then I would delete the old building and would replace it. Until recently, I would not have gotten anything for it. Now it can be sold for CCs.

Yogi Dave

There are so many twists and turns due to these changes. Time will tell how people adapt. We have a newer player in my FS who is close to finishing Woodelves. Last March she was in chapter 3. So, she's progressing rapidly and plays a very good game - top of the spire every week and avg. over 7k in tourneys. However, she is almost totally stopped with AW upgrades at 156, including a MM at level 31. Currently 3 are filled with KP, but only enough frags and CC to upgrade a level 7 AW.

Too bad the changes affect the newer players the most. It can be very discouraging for them. I do believe she will stay since she is enjoying the game. It's just frustrating. Well, hasn't frustration always been a part of the game? I always say, "Welcome to the fun and frustration that is Elvenar".

Of course, slowing down the rate of AW upgrades is one of the objectives of the changes. You gotta admit, they succeeded with that, maybe too much So, it's nice they are adding ways to start getting more frags and CCs to make up for the screeching breaks on AW upgrades.

TimeMachine

It's just frustrating. Well, hasn't frustration always been a part of the game?
Yes of course it has been and will be a big and to me very interesting point of Elvenar.

To me It always seemed to be the general overall quest of Elvenar to train my own patience, or to pay to play faster and of course with every chapter it tooks more and more patience and strategical thinking, to solve them chapters.
I like it that way.

I met lots of humans and elves that wouldn't want to play Elvenar that much enthusiastic and strategical, like for example I am trying to do.
These humans and elves may be as frustrated as lots of endgamers who had to suffer from the latest changes now.
Nearly all them fellows liked upgrading their wonders but the spire often only play a few or even nobody to the top.

At the moment it seems pretty clear that humans and elves who want to upgrade wonders will have to play the spire harder.

The question I've been thinking about for about two years now is: "Is frustration the main source for ingame-purchases or could there be a pay to play faster were more "happy" players would be able to be invited to purchase diamonds happily?"

I guess I must be wrong but sometimes it seemed to me that frustration is Elvenar's biggest cash cow.
That should be no critism at all because I couldn't succeed to come up with sensible possibilities to change or improve this and in my opion one is only able to criticize if she or he knows a better way for what's being criticized.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The question I've been thinking about for about two years now is: "Is frustration the main source for ingame-purchases or could there be a pay to play faster were more "happy" players would be able to be invited to purchase diamonds happily?"

I guess I must be wrong but sometimes it seemed to me that frustration is Elvenar's biggest cash cow.
That should be no critism at all because I couldn't succeed to come up with sensible possibilities to change or improve this and in my opion one is only able to criticize if she or he knows a better way for what's being criticized.
One potential source of in-game income Inno has totally neglected is graphics/city appearance. A substantial portion of players really care about how their city looks, yet as far as I can tell Inno has never tried to monetize this. Other games make a lot of money offering cosmetic skins or the option to change the color scheme of outfits. Stuff like that. If they came up with alternate appearance options for important buildings and offered them at reasonable prices, there are players who would choose to buy them. But since they would be cosmetic only and would not affect gameplay, the people who don't care as much about graphics would not get upset. Because you're not forced to buy them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since the day the game came out, Elvenar has been a marathon, not a sprint. I still remember when people thought logging in just once a day, or less often, was all they needed to do. lol

But in the past few years, some things were made easier and the game seemed to move faster, tricking people into thinking they deserved everything quickly and turning some of them into entitled [MOD EDIT] removed profanity ... players. And now that Inno took away the ability to rush leveling of AWs, something I think should have never been an option, these people are throwing fits over it. And honestly, if those types quit, then the game will be better off without them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeMachine

All of you who are avoiding Discord are missing the opportunity to meet Manfred. He's an original player and long time Inno employee, also the CM for the French server.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to use Elvenar Discord Server that's why I ain't got this opportunity.

One of my german fellows said that Manfred is a 30K+ tournament player who is playing for Red Bull Team - is that true? :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Since the day the game came out, Elvenar has been a marathon, not a sprint. I still remember when people thought logging in just once a day, or less often, was all they needed to do. lol

But in the past few years, some things were made easier and the game seemed to move faster, tricking people into thinking they deserved everything quickly and turning some of them into entitled [MOD EDIT] removed profanity ... players. And now that Inno took away the ability to rush leveling of AWs, something I think should have never been an option, these people are throwing fits over it. And honestly, if those types quit, then the game will be better off without them.
AHHHH but will the company?? Most produce income.

Silver Lady

Does anyone know what the refunds are going to be for evolving buildings? Will we get more based on the level, e.g., will a level 10 Witch Hut give a bigger refund than a level 5?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Does anyone know what the refunds are going to be for evolving buildings? Will we get more based on the level, e.g., will a level 10 Witch Hut give a bigger refund than a level 5?

The witch hut already has a sell value of 3CC. Most of the other evolving do not have a sell value.

Silver Lady

@Pheryll, thanks for that. Bummer, doesn’t seem Inno values those evolving buildings.

Also, has anyone seen any refunds being offered for selling AWs? I thought there was an announcement that said there would be refunds based on AW level, but I’ve not seen it.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll, thanks for that. Bummer, doesn’t seem Inno values those evolving buildings.

Also, has anyone seen any refunds being offered for selling AWs? I thought there was an announcement that said there would be refunds based on AW level, but I’ve not seen it.

The update version was delayed till Monday. It appears that there were issues in upgrading event buildings using diamonds for RR.

TimeMachine

Funny I thought about it too yesterday but until now there is no no difference in resale recourses because of used artifacts in an Evo, although they are worth a lot of (needed) spell fragments. ;)

By the way, You can look up resale resources of all buildings, except Ancient Wonders, at https://idavis-elvenar.com/buildings.html

1708020424689.png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Who would sell a Witch's Hut? It has to be the third most powerful event building in the game. Oodles of Froggies, worker orcs and such excellent culture that it typically falls around my fourth best item.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Who would sell a Witch's Hut? It has to be the third most powerful building in the game. Oodles of Froggies, worker orcs and such excellent culture that it typically falls around my fourth best item.
If you have only one that is several chapters behind and have the artifacts to craft another, you might sell and then craft the base at your current chapter.