• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Sigma, hard to tell you if the prize will be worth it to you. Even though the tournament encounters themselves don't count, you get relics for each round completed in a province. I did the 2nd round of the 12 provinces I am able to open and got 30 relics; that completed the quest for me. If you haven't explored far enough to open that many provinces in the tournament, you could do the ones you have to collect relics, then supplement with what encounters you can complete in regular provinces and keep your fingers crossed you get all relics in the treasure chests you find when giving neighborly help.

DeletedUser511

Anyone have a link to the quest lines?

PS when waas this put up? The timer says 5 days and 1 hour. Did we get robbed time?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, that quote didn't work out the way I planned:(
Was trying to quote: "That's what Beta is for, actually, to work out programming bugs." and then make my comment...

No problem, I do that myself. And you're absolutely correct. It's often like working with blinders on...you are so focused on this one thing that everything on the periphery gets missed.

DeletedUser

You haven't been around the game very long, have you? Of course, that's what every beta is for, but Inno has ideas about beta that are different than the industry. o_O For one, it seems it's mainly used for very active, high ranked players to know what's coming in advance, to inform their FSs in the live worlds. This saves Inno the time, manpower & effort to bother informing us. That's the way I see it, and I'm stickin' to it. Maybe a bug or 2 gets worked out if something crashes in beta. Not so sure any feedback is given an ounce of credence, only actual programming errors (if even that!).

This game, no, but I have Beta tested before, so I have some experience. That said, I am forced to agree with you, that it's unfortunately a trickle-down effect. The closest experience I can compare this to is a game where we (the betas) couldn't even interact directly with the development team, so we had no idea if our time spent was worth it.

qaccy

You haven't been around the game very long, have you? Of course, that's what every beta is for, but Inno has ideas about beta that are different than the industry. o_O For one, it seems it's mainly used for very active, high ranked players to know what's coming in advance, to inform their FSs in the live worlds. This saves Inno the time, manpower & effort to bother informing us. That's the way I see it, and I'm stickin' to it. Maybe a bug or 2 gets worked out if something crashes in beta. Not so sure any feedback is given an ounce of credence, only actual programming errors (if even that!).

Your post seems to indicate that it's actually the players who have a different idea of what a beta is supposed to be, not Inno. Of course, Inno could have stuck with the closed beta approach by keeping it invite-only, which may have helped the quality of testers. Indeed, at this point it's basically just a 'sneak peek' server because that's what the majority of people who use it are interested in, although it's still the best place to try to open dialogue with the developers, as beta is where changes are made before coming to the live server and the community managers frequently respond in the feedback threads over there.

Also, for the most part a lot of this allegedly 'ignored' feedback isn't really something actionable by the developers, so much as it is just complaining about something being 'too difficult'. If the game was changed so that:

- every update gave every player free diamonds
- scouting became free and instant
- encounters were completely removed from the game (you were instead immediately given the province and relics upon scouting it)
- you automatically were given both AWs from the applicable research to build at your leisure and they required only the goods and relics to upgrade (do away with the runes and KP needed)
- all quests in the game were replaced with 'gather coin/supply/goods/units'
- during events, multiply all currency rewards by x10 while keeping costs the same
- the entire city grid was available from the start of the game

virtually all complaints about the game would disappear overnight - AKA everything the players complain about in a nutshell. An exception would be complaints about research because that's the one thing I didn't mention lol. But would any of the above actually be good for the game? These complaints are all examples of how players tend to lack foresight and why game development is almost never community-driven, regardless of whether or not there are channels for player feedback. There are only a handful of posters in these feedback threads who offer good feedback and don't simply want a golden ticket to instantly 'win' the game. The key to feedback is trying to remain objective while offering suggestions on how you think something can be improved while keeping overall game balance in mind. Games don't have feelings and aren't going to empathize or sympathize with you not liking something added to the game.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@qaccy
You are painting Beta players with a pretty broad brush there.
Sure some ask for the "gain relics" quests to be removed, or reduced too far, but other have asked that they be scaled, and that's not nearly as extreme as you make the feedback sound.
About a year ago players asked for quests to be scaled and the response was that it simply wasn't possible. I'm not sure what changed with the coding but scaling quests to your chapter clearly is possible, so reducing the relics required for players that only have a few provinces unlocked for tournaments seems reasonable to me.
Note: All my cities are in the mana chapters, so it's not me I'm asking for, it's all the smaller newer players that I'd like to see keep playing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4587

I have been trying to find an answer to my question but have not seen anything yet unless I over looked it. So I do apologize if this has been answered. So this is only Part 1 of the event, does anyone know when Part 2 will be coming to us?
It has happened in Beta already and it has just started today in USA. I have no notification of the quests as yet.

DeletedUser511

Seems shorter then normal. How much time did the beta get with it?

DeletedUser

but scaling quests to you chapter clearly is possible, so reducing the relics required for players that only have a few provinces unlocked for tournaments seems reasonable to me.

I wish there was an emoji for applause.

It has happened in Beta already and it has just started today in USA. I have no notification of the quests as yet.

No, Beta didn't get Part 2 of the Masquerade. Beta was dealing with bugs in the new Fellowship Adventure, so Part 2 went direct to Live servers.

DeletedUser3122

for the most part a lot of this allegedly 'ignored' feedback isn't really something actionable by the developers, so much as it is just complaining about something being 'too difficult'.

This didn't happen until the event prior to Masquerade, and not whiners, as you're describing beta or other players. I was a new chapter 1 & 2 player in beta and there was literally no way I could complete some of the quests. They did not scale the quests to chapters. They literally ignored the issue. If they're only looking for bugs and not play-ability, that is an issue. I've been in numerous betas and closed betas over the years. This is nothing like the betas I've usually been involved. Feedback is usually responsive. Though they have "listened" somewhat, they have a long ways to go.

As an Archmage, in the Halflings chapter, and with another account in Fairies, plus the new player in beta, I have a fairly wide experience playing this game at all levels, and I heard the feedback from my FS. They were totally disgusted with the last 2 events. This isn't as a result of my attitude trickling down, because I do my best to remain positive because I don't want any members rage quitting. I can tell you this, after that experience in beta, I was ready to quit this game. I'm still "giving it a chance" to see about the Fellowship Adventures. But believe me when I tell you, this game is becoming more work than strategy or rewards.

Other events were fun and challenging. These last couple have been work, painful to take part. As AM, I was very depleted in goods just to help my own FS achieve quests. It was ridiculous.

DeletedUser8847

I don't see any way I can get 26 encounters done in a timely manner. [In the nether world of just advanced enough to face hard encounters but not equipped with nearly enough capacity for scrolls, crystals, and silks needed.} And that's only quest 4! To any of you who have progressed further, are future tasks also that much more difficult? Would prize be worth the expenditures?

Are you in FS? If you are and not yet done that tournament, you can fight there or cater. I thought it was too difficult but I wanted to gave a shot to it. I could do that and collect relics. You can try-- weöll, I got open ywo unfinished province too, but I only negotive there, those troops are too far stronger than mine that I could win conflict with them, thus negotive.
It is not impossible task. You can try it.

DeletedUser8847

- every update gave every player free diamonds
- scouting became free and instant
- encounters were completely removed from the game (you were instead immediately given the province and relics upon scouting it)
- you automatically were given both AWs from the applicable research to build at your leisure and they required only the goods and relics to upgrade (do away with the runes and KP needed)
- all quests in the game were replaced with 'gather coin/supply/goods/units'
- during events, multiply all currency rewards by x10 while keeping costs the same
- the entire city grid was available from the start of the game

Hey wait a minute!
Those listed thoughts would make any game too dull to play.
Of course there are complaining to and fro, especially event time.
I don't know others, but I can say from my behalf, that I am not very keen to do any event.
Not even that it gives a good kicker to game to keep it interesting.

Maybe I am too lazy, hmm....

DeletedUser7367

Dude, you ain't seen rank poo till you get to the Orcs chapter.
Damned straight.... knee deep in these troglodytes poop! and this EVENT? Laughable! another 'prize' not worth the pixels to create it... HINT: ORCS do NOT make MANA... end of story. Tight Digital SLOT Machine... what INNO has become! Major league pissed at these jokers!

qaccy

@qaccy
You are painting Beta players with a pretty broad brush there.
Sure some ask for the "gain relics" quests to be removed, or reduced too far, but other have asked that they be scaled, and that's not nearly as extreme as you make the feedback sound.
About a year ago players asked for quests to be scaled and the response was that it simply wasn't possible. I'm not sure what changed with the coding but scaling quests to your chapter clearly is possible, so reducing the relics required for players that only have a few provinces unlocked for tournaments seems reasonable to me.
Note: All my cities are in the mana chapters, so it's not me I'm asking for, it's all the smaller newer players that I'd like to see keep playing.

I didn't really refer to any event or topic specifically. In fact, saying I used a 'pretty broad brush' is actually rather apt since I was referring to a very broad topic in the first place, that being typical player feedback as a whole. These feedback threads are almost always filled to the brim with non-constructive complaints that don't offer suggestions for improvement beyond 'change it back' or 'this feature is stupid because I say so'. Again, as I mentioned, there's a small handful of people out of the already-small portion of players who frequent the forums who do offer decent, objective feedback. But you have to dig deep through pages of emotionally-charged hyperbole stating things like 'Inno's the worst game developer ever' and 'these developers are idiots'. In the end, people seem to be getting the impression (and getting angry because of it) that things like feedback threads mean that what they say HAS to be acted upon by the developers but that simply isn't the case.

All that being said, I do personally feel like feedback threads outside of the beta forum are a bit of an empty gesture on Inno's part. At least on these forums, the community managers don't often post follow-ups in the feedback threads to address any concerns players may have. I repeat, if you have something to say regarding new features added to the game, the beta forums are the place to talk about it. The community managers over there actually reply pretty frequently in the feedback threads and offer a lot of insight into the developers' intentions when it comes to new stuff.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@qaccy
Well said. I wonder if a different feedback system with upvoting/downvoting posts would improve things. As you said, there is a lot of garbage to dig through before you get to useful feedback.

DeletedUser4195

@SoggyShorts I want to think you're a nice person who just doesn't' realize how arrogant you sound. I'm sure you always do things the right way

If you visit the forums with any regularity to check on event info, post a comment on how you think something should be done or how difficult/easy a quest might be, or just to check on what's new, you'll quickly come to realize that there are a handful of people who think they know everything and are equally as quick to point that out to you. They feel they have been appointed to impart their 'vast' knowledge and tend to 'blow their own horns' often and loudly. You'll see them monopolizing the threads and posting inane comments just for the sake of 'over-posting'. Ignore these types of people, nobody needs any negativity when your purpose here is just to gain some knowledge on how to get more out of your game. Unfortunately, you'll find Trolls wherever you go, here is no different. There are a lot of other folks on here who are quite nice and willing to help you...filter the bad ones out and put them on ignore, but don't let one bad experience chase you off.

DeletedUser3090

Anyone having problems with the produce advanced tools 14x and gain a good amount of supplies in Masquerade II? I've done some of the daily quests where you earn coin & supplies (collect x amount of boosted goods) and none of the supplies I've earned have gone into the counter for the "gain a good amount of supplies". They have always counted in other events...probably going to send a support ticket too.

DeletedUser3602

Anyone having problems with the produce advanced tools 14x and gain a good amount of supplies in Masquerade II? I've done some of the daily quests where you earn coin & supplies (collect x amount of boosted goods) and none of the supplies I've earned have gone into the counter for the "gain a good amount of supplies". They have always counted in other events...probably going to send a support ticket too.

Hey meetchro, unfortunately you're mistaken. The rewards from the daily quests have never counted in other events. Don't bother sending a support ticket, you'll get the same answer. I know, because I've sent one a few events ago thinking the same thing, :).