• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

DeletedUser8847

This eveny seems to get much aggressios up. It is not players doing! If someone wants to do that evemt let him/her do it or then not to do it.
However it's not reason to start to pull other players/members hair off!

DeletedUser8847

More over, I find it ridiculous that you are starting to fight amongst yourselves. Event seems to get further away and more and more insults takes over.
Is this what you suppose to do?
One is having trouble with Orcs, some has troubles to make advanced tools, some can't get relics etc etc...

Well I am sorry that you have your problems. Everyone has their own to carry. I am too angry for masquerade part II, but it is not any reason to pull some others hairs off. Think people! It is just an event, this is just a game. No one is taking anything you own forcely away if you haven't yourselves to bought diamonds but that is your own choise too!

OK, instants are mostly worthless to gain. Why for to try to get them then and complain?
It is also a new thing. Inno is testing them. And we all complain? Right, me too!
To me it is not about Mana, I don't care about it.
I concentrate instead to update my town buildings. It is also hard, hanging between cultural points and PoP points. Or should this game be without any difficulty?
I think Panda POP is good game for that. Relaxing and letting mind at rest. I've tried it. Why not you, who have aggressions? It helps to those too. It is simple game and don't ask much. Your reflexes but not makes you think any strategy so much than Elvenar.

If this game and event starts to feel too bad, take a brake!
I do it every day, doing something else.
It doesn't need to be a game, it can be other your pet, partner, house work, walking, tv, movies etc to take time off for yourselves. It will help

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you visit the forums with any regularity to check on event info, post a comment on how you think something should be done or how difficult/easy a quest might be, or just to check on what's new, you'll quickly come to realize that there are a handful of people who think they know everything and are equally as quick to point that out to you. They feel they have been appointed to impart their 'vast' knowledge and tend to 'blow their own horns' often and loudly. You'll see them monopolizing the threads and posting inane comments just for the sake of 'over-posting'. Ignore these types of people, nobody needs any negativity when your purpose here is just to gain some knowledge on how to get more out of your game. Unfortunately, you'll find Trolls wherever you go, here is no different. There are a lot of other folks on here who are quite nice and willing to help you...filter the bad ones out and put them on ignore, but don't let one bad experience chase you off.
Lol, please point out some of your insightful/useful/helpful posts:rolleyes:
Glass houses....

The Unbeliever

I just feel that they did a really, really poor job with the actual rewards this time around...

My most advanced city is my Human city which has just entered Dwarfs chapter.
For me, the Pt.2 prize gives; 161 pop + 320 culture + 3600 supplies/6hr (600/hr)

Now, for a 'max lv' residence from Ch5, I can get 560 pop.
A 'max lv' workshop from Ch5 produces 828 supplies/hr (before ANY culture bonus is stacked!) That workshop conversely only costs 471 pop to run it.

"But you get a bit of pop/culture/supplies all in just 16 squares!" I hear some cry?
The point is, I already have that residence & workshop, because that's how I've been able to grow my city to the current stage it's at.
For an event prize to be worthwhile, it needs to either do something that my current city isn't already doing much more efficiently to begin with, or else, do something that my city can't do. (ie: those Traveling Merchants & 'free' non-barracks Troop producing buildings are awesome prizes!)

An event building especially *needs* to produce supplies/pop/culture much more efficiently than what your current chapter progress could ever hope to produce, because these are also one-shot, entirely "unique" buildings that effectively can't ever be gotten again!
Considering the game already demands that you constantly demolish old buildings (culture especially so), for new, I want my pretty, "one-time-only" event buildings to be able to last me at least a couple chapters!
Otherwise, what's the point in ever bothering with these buildings when you're simply forced to just delete them within 2-3 weeks?!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Glass houses....
There was that time she pointed out that the text in a message should be "sent" not "send." That was useful and helpful.

Most of us are here for a dialogue so we can learn from each other and hopefully have a positive effect on the game's progress by helping to pin-down issues with the play and by reaching a consensus about things that might influence the course of development. Some people on here (as with any forum) think that anyone who disagrees with them and says so is a troll and should shut up and go away.

DeletedUser4195

As far as the instants go, I like them. Even the minute time reductions ones can have their uses; late night, need to get to bed, and you just have a couple of minutes left on your factories... I do think it would be nice to see more of the hour ones, and I'd like to see ones that reduced time by several hours. Certainly they shouldn't be common, but I also don't think they should be uber rare or anything. In later chapters when your buildings take 16 or 20 hours + to upgrade, a three hour time reduction once in awhile is hardly a game breaker.

I agree totally. Even an hour doesn't have a lot of impact when you start hitting upgrade times like 53 hours on your Main Hall.

Glass houses....

I was offering words of encouragement to another player, but as usual there you are, always ready with another snide remark. Why don't you find someone else to bother? I don't care for you or your attitude, and I care even less for your incessant and insipid habit of picking apart other people's posts with your arrogant, out of context quoting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was offering words of encouragement to another player, but as usual there you are, always ready with another snide remark. Why don't you find someone else to bother?
I'm guessing it's because there's only one other person who gets even close to as rude and insulting when people disagree with them. There's a lot of truth to the old saying that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Nobody is right all the time. Some People go out of our way to understand the mechanics of the game and to see if something has been proposed before, and still are occasionally wrong. they treat that as a learning experience and move on. Others struggle a little but generally try to grasp the game, and when they are wrong still learn from it. A few turn up expecting the other forum participants to acknowledge their obvious brilliance the same way their parents always did, and if they don't get that acknowledgement, they either bury their head in the sand and keep moving, or they accuse others of being trolls.

I find it takes a long time to forget being accused of being a troll for not supporting someone who was wrong.

DeletedUser10868

As a relatively new player, and by extension VERY low-level (two) - as I improve in researching and advance, will my masquerade buildings improve with me, or are they stuck where they were when I got them, making them never produce mana for me? Because I worked my tail off to get them BOTH, but based upon how much room they take up for the extremely low amount of goods produced, low culture bonus, etc. - I'll sell 'em and not waste my time in the future if they don't.

DeletedUser188

as I improve in researching and advance, will my masquerade buildings improve with me, or are they stuck where they were when I got them
Unfortunately the buildings you win in the events DO NOT advance in age as you do

Deleted User - 1061148

I believe this Masquerade is the worst laid out design of doing the quests. I thought the 1st part was bad-not being able to gain the very last quest with all the relics...then came the 2nd part. All those humungous amounts of relics. Whomever designed this one, needs to be let go of this kind of job. Awful. Just awful.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I do agree with you...if they're going to do it, I'd rather see the "Gain x Relics" in the middle of the Event.
Some of us have no choice but to get relics from the tournaments because we foolishly over-scouted and fought so many battles. Now we can't fight on the World Map because we have not reached the Orcs and Goblins chapter yet. The Very Hard provinces need Orcs to trade. I guess Orcs are mercenaries for hire. Maybe the game developers should not close the tournaments while an event is ongoing? But they definitely should not have "Gain x amount of Relics" at the end of an event quest - when the tournament is closed.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I got the first building. My question is if I place it but find I need the space and must sell it, does it go back into inventory for later when I have an open expansion or just poof?
It poofs. You know what we need in Elvenar? A Store Building like the FOE players have. This way we can place a building back into our inventory without having to delete it. FOE players have some cool stuff. We need that stuff too! Since this is Elvenar, we need something mystical. How about making the Store Building a spell we need to cast? The spell could be called "Squirreling Away for a Rainy Day."

DeletedUser

A Store Building like the FOE players have.

We have a "Store Kit", but it's a consumable. You can only use it for a single building, and when you put that building back out into your city, the Store Kit is gone. They're not purchasable, you get them through Events and through the Guild Expeditions. But even this hasn't satisfied some players.

I do like your idea of a storage spell. The spell should cost, though, and placing the item back in your city should cost as well. Since it's magic, the cost could be...'x' amount of Magic Dust or Elixir, maybe. The cost should be in proportion to the item being stored and shouldn't be 'an arm and a leg'. Or require diamonds in any way, shape, or form. No storage building required, either...shave some space off of the first four tabs of the buildings interface and make a Storage tab at the end. There we have it. Or, for those of you who like the idea of a storage building, add an upgrade to the Magic Academy so that it has a "Room of Requirement" sort of thing, with the spell and costs still applying. But, only Event and Premium items can be stored; no regular items that you can build from the regular build menu without diamonds. Gotta have a trade-off somewhere. And we keep the name. I like that name. :p

2017-08-29.png

FOE players have some cool stuff.

Yeah, but don't tell them that. You'll start a riot. There's two buildings in my Beta city, the only one I still play, that I would love to see here. The Aviary and the Elephant Fountain. Marvelous rewards, IMO.

qaccy

Yeah, but don't tell them that. You'll start a riot. There's two buildings in my Beta city, the only one I still play, that I would love to see here. The Aviary and the Elephant Fountain. Marvelous rewards, IMO.

(this is pretty much all opinion) I'm not so sure, myself. I'm sure it's inevitable here on Elvenar as well, but personally I think FoE's starting to really overdo it with all the special building rewards. Research is no longer exciting because the buildings you unlock are largely irrelevant before you even obtain them, thanks to the overabundance of event prizes that replace all normal buildings in terms of efficiency, and especially buildings that produce FP (KP in Elvenar).

DeletedUser

Heh...yeah, it may all be opinion, but it's pretty accurate assessment of the state of affairs. There are old Event rewards from before I started FoE that I would love to see in Events rather than new designs for a while. And I agree totally about research...I got bored with it, and I don't see that changing any time soon, so I'll be stuck in the Colonial Age for a while longer. :confused:

I'm actually making an effort to do the Cider Mill upgrade though. I love that Cider Mill. :p

Deleted User - 1061148

I believe this Masquerade is the worst laid out design of doing the quests. I thought the 1st part was bad-not being able to gain the very last quest with all the relics...then came the 2nd part. All those humungous amounts of relics. Whomever designed this one, needs to be let go of this kind of job. Awful. Just awful.
I do want to clarify-I really liked the designer of the prizes. Very elegant look for the province...Too Bad I could not get them!!! :mad:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think FoE's starting to really overdo it with all the special building rewards.
Here's an idea. Why not give us an upgraded special building but leave it at the same footprint so we have the space to build it. My inventory in FOE is starting to look like a very long book with just pictures.