• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

1 Father Glitter Tree or 2?

quin629

We each got a Father Glitter Tree from Inno this morning - the traditional 1 per account. The message said it was a 'holiday gift'; since today is the Solstice, that makes sense (or a birthday present, for Darielle).

This evening there is an announcement in every city indicating that all of us, implying all cities in our accounts, will get a Father Glitter Tree when we log in between Dec 24 and Dec 26.

Are we getting 2 gifts of Glitter Trees? Or did the actual gift mistakenly get released a few days early?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm holding them to their promise. After all if I promise you a hamburger on Tuesday and I bring you one on Monday, I'm still on the hook for a hamburger on Tuesday. I think Whimpy would agree even if he wanted the hamburger today and was willing to pay for it on Tuesday. This post, btw, if you get it, really shows your age.

AJ

StarLoad

I'm holding them to their promise. After all if I promise you a hamburger on Tuesday and I bring you one on Monday, I'm still on the hook for a hamburger on Tuesday. I think Whimpy would agree even if he wanted the hamburger today and was willing to pay for it on Tuesday. This post, btw, if you get it, really shows your age.

AJ
I think I need a side of spinich with that hamburger ...

Ed

BrinDarby

@Villanesque ,
a simple mistake yes, but Inno said certain dates, are you really saying
that 1 measly xtra 3x3 culture bldg is too much for Inno to follow thru
on , on what was in-game advertizing as to a prize ??? Not to mention
those Trees were sent out with no warning, should everyone who didn't
know to log a specific acct 1st, complain to support ??

Me personally, it doesn't matter about prize.... but in this case.... honoring
the in-game advertizing should matter to Inno, so that thier players know
that Inno stands behind its brand. (words) ( and yes I got mine in the wrong
city cause I got the prize before the popup. )

quin629

Thank you for the information, @Villanesque

But the vast majority of players logged in yesterday and saw the announcement promising us a present on the 24th - 26th and implying that it would be 1 per city since the announcement popped up in every city a player had, not just the first time they logged in yesterday afternoon. If Inno wants to communicate to all players "sorry, mistake, you got it early wherever you happened to get it" I think a new game-wide announcement has to go out. If not, Inno Support is going to be overwhelmed with tickets/complaints on the 24th as players log in and get nothing.

It can't be announced in-game and then be withdrawn just by telling the much smaller number of players who regularly log in to the Forums.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
If you wish to have your gift moved to another city please send a support ticket with the city that has the gift and the city you want it moved to. Support will take care of this for you. Thank you for your understanding

quin629

Not a complaint so much as a deep sympathy for whoever is working the support desk over Christmas if Inno does not put out a message in-game to every city, telling players that the gift they got on the 21st is the gift Inno told them it would give them on Christmas.

I think a lot of players are going to log in on Christmas, not get a gift, and in complete good faith will file a ticket with Support. Even FSs that have someone who checks the Forums for major announcements may not see this, down in the Questions area. Surely putting out a message now to every city would be less hassle than the support staff (and probably just a skeleton staff because of the holiday weekend) trying to field all those tickets when there's no new Christmas gift.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

AJ
Oh gosh, a double whammy on my age, considering my birthday was yesterday, lol. Yeah, I get it, hehe.

BrinDarby

The bldg moved, is not worth my contacting support.
I am dissapointed with Inno's integrity in this matter.
(1) 3x3 culture bldg xtra surely isn't detrimental like
(20) wishing wells or something, but Inno honoring
thier own in-game advertizing, when it hurts Noone,
including Inno..... seems like a no-brainer in furthering
the impression that Inno's an honorble company.

In the grand scheme of life, does it matter............ No
But does it make Inno look bad...................Yes

Im not surprised tho, Inno still can't resolve a simple
bug, reported over 9 months ago, I have no clue why I
now expect them to have high morals/ethics.

StarLoad

Brin, You always amaze me at how simply you view things as Black&White, yes it seems there was either miscommunications, an outright error, a simple misclick on the keyboard, hey it could be Gremlins/Grinch's for all we know. However, they copped to the error as soon as seen and explained it, but you still want to damm them for it, REALLY.

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thank you for the information, @Villanesque

But the vast majority of players logged in yesterday and saw the announcement promising us a present on the 24th - 26th and implying that it would be 1 per city since the announcement popped up in every city a player had, not just the first time they logged in yesterday afternoon. If Inno wants to communicate to all players "sorry, mistake, you got it early wherever you happened to get it" I think a new game-wide announcement has to go out. If not, Inno Support is going to be overwhelmed with tickets/complaints on the 24th as players log in and get nothing.

It can't be announced in-game and then be withdrawn just by telling the much smaller number of players who regularly log in to the Forums.
There is some hope. A lot of people, myself included, don’t read announcements very well, if at all. :)

LisaMV

OK - I am chiming in, because I had thought
"Oh my! That is so sweet and 'of the season' to give each city it's own Christmas tree! wow - after all, we spend evergy and time in every city we play, and who but certain nuts :rolleyes: who are pathologically devoted to the game are even going to log in on those 2 days? Inno really got it right here. I am so impressed!"
...but sadly, no.
Back to the stingy 'one per account' for a tree that was so ubiquitous as to be annoying for some (I liked them). And they must have at least 500,000 sitting in their warehouse gathering dust now, since it is no longer offered in the Magic Academy. :confused:

Really ~ 'twas a missed opportunity to say 'thanks!" *sigh*

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@LisaMV while your assessment of the prize is personal to you, I do understand. I mean if it was a Winter Lampion, WE ALL KNOW who would have been the first to make note of that... Just saying. It is not the prize that is at issue but the timing and subsequent messages that popped up telling of the future prize. Yes, it got screwed up, however, that is not the first nor the last in-game mistake we will likely see.