• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

1-star trade junk, filtering trades

DeletedUser3827

What is the deal with players offering these awful 1-star trades? I have NEVER accepted one, never will. Most of them are insulting. Are players actually accepting such trades? I can't imagine why.

Along the same lines, I wish there was a filter to weed out all 1-star trades and block certain people from showing up in the trade window. It just makes it more work to sort through stuff I will never accept.

For myself, I try to always put up 3-star trades. That way they go fast and both people feel good about it.

DeletedUser

What is the deal with players offering these awful 1-star trades? I have NEVER accepted one, never will. Most of them are insulting. Are players actually accepting such trades? I can't imagine why.

Along the same lines, I wish there was a filter to weed out all 1-star trades and block certain people from showing up in the trade window. It just makes it more work to sort through stuff I will never accept.

For myself, I try to always put up 3-star trades. That way they go fast and both people feel good about it.

You do know 1* trades are mostly because there is a tax on not discovered on map player right? so even if i put 2* trades some one who never scouted enough to get at my city (posible to visit) there would be a trade tax and that results in a 1* instead of my intended 2* offer.

Yes there are lamers who think they can "profit" and offer like 100 steel for 120 marble or such but they are rare and after a wile they learn to not try it by the simple fact that nobody accepts there offers.

Only 3* hmm?? wish you were my neighbour :))

DeletedUser2757

In the past I've had the occasional neighbor who only posted 1-star trades, and they weren't in a fellowship, and they weren't successful and subsequently stopped playing. I always assumed they just didn't get how to play this game. Now I have a half dozen neighbors who routinely post lopsided 1-star trades, and all but one of them is in a good fellowship. All of their imbalanced trades get taken, so I assume I just happen to see arranged trades that are deliberately skewed to help fellowship members. Either way, I totally agree with OP -- just give me a filter to prevent me seeing the 1-star trades of any kind, as I'm not interested in them. And if I ever get crazy desperate and want to see them, I could then unfilter -- just give us a choice!

DeletedUser4699

You know, it wasn't that long ago that people were bellyaching about not having any active neighbors and that trader window was always empty. That issue has been remedied, and now there is bellyaching that there are too many trades to have to look through. There are bigger fish to fry than this.

DeletedUser3686

You know, it wasn't that long ago that people were bellyaching about not having any active neighbors and that trader window was always empty. That issue has been remedied, and now there is bellyaching that there are too many trades to have to look through. There are bigger fish to fry than this.

The main issue here is all of the blatantly bad 1 or no star trades. When you have to sift through several pages worth of trades where someone is offering 90 planks for 200 gems, that gets annoying.

DeletedUser

A check box with only 2* and 3* trades along side the fellowship only trade check box can and should be made, i agree, it would be something like "hey you want to trade only with your FS and your neighbours you know and can visit?" or "you want to trade with the further away people?". I dont think this is that hard to make and this should be in to suggestion section on forum.

DeletedUser1376

I usually message those individuals in a friendly manner and find most just don't understand the idea of a good trade, or they are undiscovered. Works for me and most I will let them know I will take them for them one time only but I usually have 200K plus of everything so I will take all small trades as it helps those smaller players.

DeletedUser4759

I take the one and no star trades. I usually check them out first, if they are in FS then I leave it alone because they must have something prearranged. However if their trade is up there for days, and I have seen some that are, I wonder why their FS isn't taking their trade. There usually are some big guns in there that can afford to help their fellow member. If they are alone or in a very small FS, I will take their trade. I still remember what it was like to be starting out and struggling. Even if I should become a very large city with gazillions in my main Hall, I will always help the little traders, I never forgot the days when I was very small, poor, struggling and just starting out. And I never will forget to help others, I don't care how lopsided and sick of those trades people get, there are people on the other side of those trades that need help. So I don't care if there are filters put in, I will never use them. To me its also about helping others to play and enjoy the game. If you forgot that, then you forgot a lot about being human... oh yeah humanity is what screwed everything up in this world, so I guess its not about being human after all.

DeletedUser4759

Not all people can afford diamonds to get them to the big time, so they struggle along and try to do the best they can with what they have. I find that a lot of the people whose no star and 1 star trades I take, often send me a message thanking me for the trade. They really needed that trade for something they needed to do. We usually end up having a conversation and I get to know someone new. When I log on sometimes, there are anywhere from 5-8 messages from people, sending a greeting, asking how things are or they need help/advice with something. And yes just about every one of them is in a FS. So the perspective is different for each person taking the 1* and 0* trades. We are a small new FS with new players who need advice. tips and trades, which we take time to provide. We tell them to post no star trades so that we can help them out. But then every player and FS is different in how they view their fellow members, the game and other players. I was in FS/s where the bigger players had the same attitude of not looking at or taking the small trades, calling them annoying etc. For me it is about enjoying the game and helping others play and enjoy the game as well. Its not about personal scores and rankings, how big your FS can get and where it is in the rankings.

Maybe for those who don't want to look at the small traders, they can get an elitist trader where they can apply to and trade in. That way they would not have to bother complaining about the smaller traders and those of us who still think that helping others is not annoying.

DeletedUser5251

When a player is new to trading they, generally, have not discovered many other cities. When they open the trader they mainly see 1 star trades (100 steel for 150 marble) and deduce that this is the going rate. So they put up trades accordingly and don't understand why they aren't taken.

I think much of this could be avoided if the trader tax and discovered/FS "free trades" v.s. trades with undiscovered cities were better explained when the trader is initially opened.

DeletedUser1987

I'm in a Fellowship on Winyandor with several Fellowship members who just don't seem to understand the concept of fair trades. So many 400 gems for 1600 scrolls trades. I don't even have 1600 scrolls some days, because three scrolls manufactories isn't enough but I don't have room for another on that world. I even see zero star trades left up for days (undiscovered neighbor's 1 star trades turned into 0 star by distance).

Even my main city, on Khelonaar, sees 1 star trades from undiscovered players. I thought the trading block was supposed to consist of our neighbors that are near us? I have 218 provinces cleared out, why are some of my trading partners so far away?

DeletedUser5251

I believe your trading perimeter expands as you increase your discovered territory. So, there will always be cities just outside your discovered area you can trade with unless, or until, you discover the entire map, I suppose.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have 218 provinces cleared out, why are some of my trading partners so far away?
Because it's reciprocal. You haven't found those players yet, but they have found you. Therefore it is you who are in their trading block, not they who are in yours. When you put up a fair trade, they see it that way. So if you want the trade that is uneven by distance, try posting the reciprocal yourself and maybe they'll see yours, take it and pull theirs.

DeletedUser1996

Back to the One Star trades or NONE - some of these May Need to make these kind of trades-but on the Other hand I check always first before i make any. Most of the time they are in a FS and it is quite clear they have no biz. make cheap trades-and are just ripping folk off for the fun of it and/or are greedy @#$%ers. But then again, I have came across some that are just starting out here and they are Not in a FS yet , and need a helping hand...So I Aways do help-- and it make me feel pretty good that I can. Regardless if its a zero star. :) cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
it is quite clear they have no biz. make cheap trades-and are just ripping folk off for the fun of it and/or are greedy @#$%ers.
Other people's motivations are almost never as clear as we think they are. Some of those lopsided trades may have been requested by someone more highly placed in their fellowship who wants to pass them some extra stuff to help them get going, but don't want to post a very generous 3-star trade and have it gobbled up by some stranger. Asking another person to post a 0-star trade is an excellent way of ensuring that you know exactly who will benefit from your generosity.

None of us are forced to accept anyone else's offer, so why should we be able to exert any control over them doing it?

DeletedUser1996

that is a true statement BUT - those trades are almost gone within Seconds-and you know that to be true. Im talking about the ones that linger and are repeated -and not even within ones FS. are those trade being grabbed quickly. But I think no control button is needed as well.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not always that quickly, and such trades are most useful for two people if they are not online at the same time. I've been offered 0-star trades by a friend several times during the Snow event, and have done the same in return. At least one of them sat from Monday evening to Wednesday morning.

Sure, some of them are probably opportunistic, but we don't know which ones, and again, we're not forced to accept them (except when I click on them by accident and curse them under my breath)