• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[12877] Builder Fails: Both for New Buildings or Upgrades

DeletedUser2154

I am still waiting on Support and hoping for a quick resolution, but for now, I can no longer place new buildings or upgrade existing ones. When I try either, the building process seems to start correctly, but then within 5 to 10 seconds I get the following error:

"Stream Error. Could not process request."

Then Elvenar automatically reboots itself, and when I am returned to my city, nothing has changed. No new building is under construction, no upgrade is in process, and (luckily) no costs (goods, etc.) have been debited from my holdings.

But this only happens to my city in Felyndral. I am having no issues in my other worlds.

As first suggested by Support, I’ve cleared my browser cache (temporary Internet files, etc.) and restarted everything, but this has not remedied the error.

In an attempt to troubleshoot this, I’ve used the builder from different browsers on the same computer (and on different computers in my home) and attempted to this also on even other computers at different physical locations not served by the same Internet provider (so obviously different wifi routers, etc.). But no matter what I’ve tried, I get the same error in Felyndral, but still have no problem in my other worlds.

I’ve got to believe this is a server related error, and probably related to a corruption of the data structure that defines my city in Felyndral.

Has anyone else struggled with this?

Best,

MS

Attachments

• Builder Error.jpg
    Builder Error.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 100

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm guessing you're right, and the problem is in the database at their end . Have you tried construction in other spots, or moving another building into that spot? it kind of sounds like your local host thinks the space is empty, but the server thinks there's a building there. Did you try making something smaller, like a single square culture building in any of the squares? It might pin down if it's a general problem or a single square that is glitched. If you've used another computer and got the same results, then it has to be a database error.

DeletedUser2154

Support has verified this as a bug. So hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MS

DeletedUser2154

Ashrem,

I tried moving the building as you recommended. Unfortunately I discovered yet another, seemingly related, error. Now, when I move any item in Felyndral, I get the same error I am getting when I try to build or upgrade a building:

"Stream Error. Could not process request."

I do so hope that they'll get me working again soon.

MS

JeanFritz

I realize I'm a bit late in being directed to this thread, but if it helps anybody:

My problem was that all other building/upgrading worked fine, but my armory gave me that "internal error" when I tried to "move and upgrade". (I had the room for the new building size, but the space wasn't originally in the exact same location as the building). However, I then tried re-arranging buildings so I had the space right at the build site, and magically, the upgrade worked.

So: if "move and upgrade" is bugging out on you, maybe upgrading without moving will work. (It may require significant re-organization, of course, and may not be possible for some until a new expansion is available.)

In case the details help: Arendyll world, in Fairie chapter, upgrading L.17 armory (5x4) to L.18 (6x3). It didn't seem to matter *where* I moved the armory to; I could move it, and upgrade it, and move it back; I just couldn't "move and upgrade".