• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16863] Unfixed - Chrome Freezing

juniperknome

has anyone tried reloading or updating flash player. out of date or corrupt flash can cause chrome to freeze

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
has anyone tried reloading or updating flash player. out of date or corrupt flash can cause chrome to freeze
Chrome has it's own version of Flash that is automatically updated along with chrome. You do not get any choice in that unless you dig in deep and turn it off. If you are using stock chrome, you have (within a few days) the latest version of chrome and the latest version of Google's own version of Flash.

Also, what is happening is not Chrome freezing, it is Elvenar freezing, because no other tabs are affected by the issue and changing the size of the window frees it up without any problems for chrome itself.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And as of today, it was still happening, though it is the first time for me in several days or more.

juniperknome

chrome does have an option to turn off upgrades. if it has been a long time since the last flash upgrade it can get corrupted other then that try clearing out the history and cache file. i am out of ideas after that i have been in game over 3 months with chrome and no issues

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My updates have never been disabled, and I doubt if very many people go to the trouble to disable theirs. I am running the latest Chrome and the latest Google-Flash. I have no other flash issues except Elvenar, and not always Elvenar, only infrequently. It also only affects you if you have multiple tabs open and leave chrome on a non-elvenar tab for a while then go back to elvenar. (and, again, not always, just sometimes) It never affects anything else in chrome, and doesn't affect other flash objects, just Elvenar.

If you don't tend to run elvenar along with other tabs, you would never see the issue.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
oh that has happened to me when i run out of system memory
System memory would affect the entire browser, and probably other applications, not just Elvenar. Changing the size of the browser window would not free up more memory. This is happening to multiple people on multiple computers spread over a couple of months now. One of my machines on which I have experienced it has 16gigs of ram in it. It is not a memory issue. It is an Elvenar code issue.

DeletedUser1036

When it happens to me as a quick fix instead of doing a full refresh of the game I click on the tiny little icon at the bottom right for the "Forum and Wiki" pop-up. Once it pop's up I close it and the game is no longer frozen.

DeletedUser663

This is proving to be extremely frustrating - at a time when we desperately need to communicate with Fellowship members all we get is crashes. This is an ELVENAR problem as it is not happening in other games.
Please sort this as a matter of urgency INNO.

DeletedUser11255

Ever since they implemented race for the flag or what ever it called my game is at a snails crawl. This game just turned into a drag. It take forever to do anything. Maybe my last times to play it.

DeletedUser

Ever since they implemented race for the flag or what ever it called my game is at a snails crawl. This game just turned into a drag. It take forever to do anything. Maybe my last times to play it.

Actually, the issue of the browser freeze began long before the introduction of the Fellowship Adventure. Slow server is a separate issue entirely, it's not browser related.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, the issue of the browser freeze began long before the introduction of the Fellowship Adventure. Slow server is a separate issue entirely, it's not browser related.
However, my perception is that morganasmile is right and the game is behaving much more slowly and choppily. It's unplayable now because of slowness on a machine I was using a month ago.

DeletedUser

However, my perception is that morganasmile is right and the game is behaving much more slowly and choppily. It's unplayable now because of slowness on a machine I was using a month ago.

While you are correct in that assessment, the slow server is not related to the Chrome browser bug.

juniperknome

chrome is freezing up on my computer a check with windows knowledge base says it is being caused by a security update seams most sites are having problems now. try use explorer

DeletedUser

@Aider, yes, but it's intermittent now. It happened once last night, but so far today it's been fine.

juniperknome

I have win 7 32 bit home premium and chrome as of now chrome is unusable windows knowledge base says it is a windows upgrade causing the problems

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Yes. Happens on both home and work computers. It's not every time, but it happens regularly. Re-sizing the browser solves the problem without a need to refresh.