• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

1st Anniversary for me

DeletedUser1036

Today marks my 1 year anniversary and I am happy to post the below image and say I did not spend any diamonds in the Orc chapter. I did however loose a lot of rank because I sold off a bunch of manufactortys to make room for a ton of mushroom farms and 5 rally points.
anniversary.png

DeletedUser1036

Thanks I still need to keep the farms and rally points to finish off my trails then load a few extra for the next race but soon I can breath. I'll never be #1 unless everyone quits then that will be a short celebration.

DeletedUser3297

A year to get from the beginning through orcs is pretty impressive! Congrats!
I think I'll be 6 months in before I reach Dwarves and I figure I'll be in that chapter at least 2 months. After that, I can stay in Fairies for a long time :)

DeletedUser4218

Happy 1st Anniversary. I'm right at 8 months and was wondering how long it took you to get through orcs since i'll be starting as soon as I can produce 2500 ambrosia.

DeletedUser2191

Congrats My Shadow, impressive indeed. Just like kayleegrrl I'm at 6 months in and a good chunk into the Dwarven chapter.

dikke ikke

Congratz, I am almost playing for 8 months and soon I will start the fairy level, Dwarves took me almost 3 months, I hope Fairies goes faster

DeletedUser1010

Congrats My shadow!!! I wish I knew how long I have been playing but I know I started right when the game was released bc I saw a post on Facebook asking for Beta tester and it said the game had been out for a week at that time! I moved over to the world I play in now before I really got into it though=} back before Fellowships and everything else! Wonder how long it's been!!?? Anyways, Way to go and hope to have you around for another year!!!!!=}

DeletedUser1036

wondering how long it took you to get through orcs
A little over 2 months maybe 3 I don't remember. I play all day every day 7 days a week and the only way I made it through so fast was KP from tourny's and also dropping in rank way down to have 20 expansions available for just the Orc Portal, 5 Rally Points and the rest Mushroom Farms.

DeletedUser43

I am just now getting through the orc chapter. I have about 2 days left. So, however long this is since it was introduced. I too play every day. I had to delete ALL my culture in my city to do it and about 1/3 of all my houses. I won't be able to put so much as a level 1 workshop in my city until I put all that back. So, no building anything for me all this time except stupid orc farms and rally points. I had 9 rally points and over 50 farms. At one point I had fewer rally points and more farms. (You need more farms in the beginning of the chapter and more rally points in the end of the chapter).

Oh, and yes, you can go negative on culture. I was around negative 25,000 culture. Same with population.

DeletedUser1036

(You need more farms in the beginning of the chapter and more rally points in the end of the chapter)

I thought the same but the "Wooden Trail" cost a ton of the Powershrooms so I'm down to just 2 Rally Points (for Debris production) and I still have most of my mushroom farms since Powershrooms take 1-1/2 days to make

DeletedUser4218

to have 20 expansions available for just the Orc Portal, 5 Rally Points and the rest Mushroom Farms.

20 expansions..oh my..I only have room for two more and will have no more room to add any. Looks like I will have right at 20 after I sell off all of the fairies stuff. I hate selling off anything else as I am in good shape with manufacturies and have only been adding residences for the population. Oh well sounds like a fun challenge. :)

DeletedUser43

My Shadow you are 100% correct! I should have mentioned that part too! Shame on me. After I got through everything, I took down the extra rally points and put back in a ton of farms for the wooden trails! I also decided to max out the shrooms of wisdom and loot just in case when they add orc troops I need that stuff.

DeletedUser4218

Oh, and yes, you can go negative on culture. I was around negative 25,000 culture. Same with population.

What does that do to production of supplies and coins? Are there any downfalls to going negative? I estimate I have close to 20% of my city in culture, I have almost 55,000 total and close to 12,000 available at the moment.

DeletedUser43

12,000? Even when I have positive culture it is never more than 1000. But, hey, everyone plays this game differently! There is no wrong choice!! I think I do better with more houses and more workshops than having the culture above 100%. It really depends on whether you care about ranking points (you get zero ranking points from culture).

What does it do the production of coins and supplies? It stays at 100%. It never goes below that. But you can't build anything at all while you are negative and you have to get un-negative again to start building upgrades and such. So, it isn't a long term strategy, but the orcs were such a slow chapter, that it didn't make sense to me to take a year to get through it. And that is about how long it would have taken if I had devoted the same space to the race that I did in fairies and dwarves. (which was about 3 expansions.)

Thistleknot

An interesting strategy, Bobbykitty. I would not have thought to sell off all my culture just to have more space for a guest race.

I tend to go with the "slow and steady " philosophy. I have the portal and 18 shroom farms maxed at level 4 and 2 rally points at only level 3. I might get a 3rd rally point. It might take me a while to complete the orcs, but I'm not really in a rush. I'm enjoying things a will get there eventually and updating buildings as I research the technologies. Besides, since I have space for 21 more expansions and I am not spending diamonds, I have a lot of conquering to do. I need about 200 more provinces to finish that out.

And I have been playing for just over a year now myself. I'm a little over half way through the orcs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1036

I am already back up to 4331 extra pop and 14004 extra culture now and still growing that. I am almost finished with building all of the wooden trails as well, but I'm going to over do those in the storage section for future needs.

Since there is an indication of possible new expansions available (other then the 100 we currently have at max) I have also redesigned my city so that the tier 1 goods can expand out in either direction.

Slow and Steady is a nice way to do things but I figure with the new guest race announced it should be hitting beta soon which gives the live servers 3-4 weeks approximately before hitting the go button for us and exploring all of the new ways to play the game.

dikke ikke

A lot of my culture is in the streets. For the moment, while I am collecting enough KP to clear advanced scouts to start the fairy level, I am upgrading my luxury streets to dwarf streets and with the help of my fellowship and neighbors I have 150% culture now, without help I would also be at 100%. I always try to have the most advanced culture building because they use less space.

DeletedUser3312

I began playing in late March of this year. smiles. I am just now in Dwarves. as to the Orcs. smiles...

selling off culture is about the only option. you have to have a ginormous gob of mushrooms and space is very limited. so you sell off the culture and then hopefully you will be able to sell off the nasty mushrooms and buy more culture. Everyone I know of in Orcs is doing this. and for those that had diamond culture, it is a bit off putting as they lose everything.