• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2 unrelated questions - event buildings with timers and browser messaging

DeletedUser19723

Question 1:
If you put out an event building that has a time limit, like The Trading Outpost, if you take it off a road I know you can't collect from it. But does the timer still keep counting down? Example - if I have 10 days left and take it offline for 9 days, would it say 1 day left when I put it back on the road or does taking it off the road "freeze it in time," so to say?

Question 2:
I sometimes get messages in my Elvenar mail - PC browser version - from a fellow player that contains a link to a website, or info I would like to keep. I cannot see a way to copy that and paste it in a text document on my PC. Am I missing something that is right under my nose? I've looked and I've clicked everywhere with no success.

Thank you for any help you may have for me.

DeletedUser5521

Question 1:

I have never tested that myself, but it is my understanding that once placed in your city, expiring buildings' clocks begin to tick and don't stop till their time runs out, whether connected or not to a road (not all expiring buildings require a road, and their timers click down once placed, so that is what I base this understanding on). Perhaps @Fairy Dust or @Xelenia can confirm?

Question 2:

There used to be a maze of instructions to follow to copy/paste, now they've changed it to "normal" instructions where you highlight, copy from dropdown menu (or use Ctrl + C) then paste (or use Ctrl + V). If you are using HTML 5 instead of Flash, that may not work, as some things are not functioning in HTML properly just yet..
Copy inst.jpg

Hope that helps! :)

DeletedUser19723

If you are using HTML 5 instead of Flash, that may not work, as some things are not functioning in HTML properly just yet..
I am using HTML 5. I used Flash before that. I don't recall trying to copy/paste back then. I definitely do not currently see all the choices you have on your screen shot. I've the top and bottom but not the middle. I'll try switching back to Flash and see if that works. The new FSA starts Tuesday and I'm supposed to be recording info I'm sent from others. I really need copy/paste. I'm crossing my fingers that Flash will do the trick.
Thanks for your responses, Aramina.

Deleted User - 3932582

I have never tested that myself, but it is my understanding that once placed in your city, expiring buildings' clocks begin to tick and don't stop till their time runs out, whether connected or not to a road (not all expiring buildings require a road, and their timers click down once placed, so that is what I base this understanding on). Perhaps @Fairy Dust or @Xelenia can confirm?
That's correct. Unfortunately, disconnecting from the road doesn't stop the timer of expiring buildings.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@shimmerfly
That link is for how to remove your entire account. To my knowledge, there is no way to remove just one city from your account.
@GUNISS
If you think you might revisit the city in the future, I would put something like shimmerfly suggested as your city name and leave it as it is. Then your neighbors can still get coins from giving neighborly help in your city and you can save what progress you've made thus far.

Crowella

If you're in chapter 2 or below and just leave the city alone for long enough, it will get deleted. Once you're in chapter 3 it will probably never go away (at least as things are now).

DeletedUser12435

Question 1:

Question 2:

There used to be a maze of instructions to follow to copy/paste, now they've changed it to "normal" instructions where you highlight, copy from dropdown menu (or use Ctrl + C) then paste (or use Ctrl + V). If you are using HTML 5 instead of Flash, that may not work, as some things are not functioning in HTML properly just yet..
View attachment 6238

Hope that helps! :)

DeletedUser12435

Im having issues with the Provence completion part of the quest!...I can't because of of quests prior requesting the same thing...Before these special quests I was careful not to get them ahead only doing what the game called for...Now these special quests have repeatedly asked for scouting and Provence completion, collecting relics and such until it allowed them to be done through tourneys . I can not complete this quest where it is asking for a completed Provence as before I DO NOT have ORCS yet. The special quests has over run this for some of us who haven't reached that far ahead and now we are stuck! Quest can not be completed!..just not right! Even if it was tourney time I still wouldnt be able to complete this...makes me want to give up on the game all together if it is going to make quests impossible for me to complete !

DeletedUser12435

In theory you could battle through those rather than catering. (I wouldn't try because I'm not that handy at fighting, but maybe with some practice it might be possible?)
--------

It's above my level for my troops, I'd lose big time trying to fight them....using diamonds really isn't an option, shouldn't have to since diamonds have to be purchased...should be another way of getting around this without having to buy my way out I doubt even the tourney would count on this 1...

DeletedUser19723

They are right regarding expiring buildings :(
Xelenia, I now understand that expiring buildings will keep "ticking down" regardless of whether connected to a street. Another related question has occurred to me - I noticed today that expiring buildings still give the option of upgrading them. Does an upgrade reset the timer to the full time it began with? I've 9 days left on a Trading Outpost. If I upgrade it, do I still only have 9 days left? If this would be true, then there is really no point to upgrading expiring buildings except when they are first placed. It also seems like not the best use of RR spells. Just thinking, and only JMO. :rolleyes: