• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

24hr switching rule for spire/tournament

nsaplay78

I few weeks ago, I had someone join my fellowship mid day on a Saturday after the tournament had ended. They were not able to participate in the spire that started the next day because they were not in the fellowship for 24 hours. Ive heard that this is a bug and was not the intention of this new rule and that it was only supposed to after the donations with the new perks. Im trying to get some clarification on this because I have someone wanting to leave and a replacement who is ready to join. My fellowship is planning to push this next week for gold in the spire. So if the players wait till the tournament ends on Saturday to get the rewards for that, they will not be eligible for the spire on the next week and we will have to run our push being one person short because of it. It sounds like anytime u switch fellowships, your now going to lose out on one week of either spire or tournament rewards if this rule is active. So i need to know if this is still happening because I will have to make that switch now instead of at the end of the week if it is which will cause the players to lose out on this weeks tournament efforts

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Go here.
The thread where this is being discussed is a long one that started when the Fellowship Progression feature was released live. That link will take you to the top of p13 where the issue starts about what's actually happening when people leave/join FS's with regard to participation in Spire/tourney. Due to the general nature of the thread, there are a few posts mingled in about other perk issues, but this particular issue has comments from players and the community manager that continue through the end of the thread on p14. With most staff in Germany coming back after a holiday break of a couple weeks, it seems difficult to get a precise answer on either how it is intended to work or if this is a bug that can/will be fixed. But, I think it most likely that is where the answer to your questions will be posted as soon as Helya can find out something.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The 24 hour cooldown applies to the first 24 hours for everything. So if they joined at 3pm on Saturday, they have to wait until 3pm on Sunday for their Spire progress to show in the group points. Has your member even looked at the Spire again since Sunday morning?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
But, I think it most likely that is where the answer to your questions will be posted as soon as Helya can find out something.
We've been discussing it, but no one who is currently working seems to be willing to answer any questions. I am happy to watch players' accounts and apply anything missing if needed, so please feel free to put in a ticket.

Qybyrn

We've been discussing it, but no one who is currently working seems to be willing to answer any questions. I am happy to watch players' accounts and apply anything missing if needed, so please feel free to put in a ticket.

thank you for looking into this. This happened again to one my FS this week. Right now there is NO time for a player to switch without missing spire or tournament rewards for the previous or upcoming week. This is frustrating.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
thank you for looking into this. This happened again to one my FS this week. Right now there is NO time for a player to switch without missing spire or tournament rewards for the previous or upcoming week. This is frustrating.
They should be fine with joining after the tournament ends and before the Spire starts. I've had a few tickets I was watching, and while they got the warning, their progress was counted and they earned the prizes, so it looks like just a visual bug.

Qybyrn

They should be fine with joining after the tournament ends and before the Spire starts. I've had a few tickets I was watching, and while they got the warning, their progress was counted and they earned the prizes, so it looks like just a visual bug.

you are correct, after 24 hours the visual warning went away, and the spire chests are now green checks. THanks.