• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

3 New Timed events for product Manufacturing

DeletedUser2849

I know that it is more difficult to level up without a fellowship, However, that is only part of the problem when first starting out. Sometimes you need to create more product for yourself until you can earn a trader, sometimes you need more product to level up buildings, etc.

So why not make say short timed events for manufacturing of the Basic beginner Tier 1 products.

15 minute - box of toothpicks - plank Junior apprentice
15 minute - bag of marbles - Marble Junior apprentice
15 minute - bag of Jacks - Steel Junior apprentice

30 minute - bag of wood chips - Planks Apprentice L1-L3
30 minute - bag of pebbles - Marble Apprentice L1-L3
30 minute - bag of nuts & bolts - Steel Apprentice L 1- L 3

1 hour - Cord of lumber - Planks Journeyman
1 Hour - designer brick for pathways - Marble Journeyman
1 hour - Cattle guards - Steel Journeyman

As you see I have thought it through for all 3 of the tier products for shorter timed items to produce. I think this will help the beginner without a fellowship & young fellowships alike. I do believe some of the more experienced players may find it helpful too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

So why not make say short timed events for manufacturing of the Basic beginner Tier 1 products.
So why not use the Magical Manufacturing spell, which temporarily allows your non-boosted Relics to provide a boost?

DeletedUser

Because you need basic manufactured goods long before you are able to build/use the magic academy.

DeletedUser2849

Thank you both, Katwijk & OzzyFoss, for providing a temporary solution to a hard to acquire situation. Sometimes even acquiring a Magic Academy is difficult to acquire as a new player.

DeletedUser

Sometimes (such as now), Elvenar is nothing more than a waiting game. The majority of my city is level 4 or 5. I can't go any higher as I'm not able to produce mass marble/steel. I need a city expansion to upgrade certain buildings. I can't get an expansion until I finish a few provinces. I can't finish provinces because I can't upgrade the barracks to train troops or I don't have the resources to negotiate....I can't/won't use the Magic Academy or Barracks until the glitch is fixed.. (lost a ton of stuff on another account trying to build the barracks). Once bitten twice shy.

Not trying to discourage you, just telling you like it is...for me, for now.

DeletedUser2849

OzzyFoss, I do understand your plight, I do indeed understand it very well. I've loss material & supplies but I'm not going to give up on a game expansion or upgrade over the loss of items, I'm attempting to just get those of us that are new comers or semi-new comers to receive a little more compassion from the programmers to implement in those small timed production because if you do get your trader than you can't get to the magic academy either. So many drop off just because it is so hard to get established. I've been watching my surrounds become gold mines with very few surviving cities as neighbors now.

DeletedUser2753

My guess is a large reason for early player loss is this level of frustration versus reward in Chapter I, this is called "This is no fun" . I like your idea of giving early players a break, to stimulate them, make it worth while returning.

DeletedUser

I'm a sorta new player still, tho I am in a fellowship, have a trader, and have a magic academy.

I love this idea. The bottom tier manufactories are where this goes beyond a good idea and into brilliance.

Not everyone will feel this way, of course, but as a brand new player, I did not want to join a fellowship until I was at the point of manufacturing goods at a level where I could trade them. Yes, you can do it sooner, if you find one willing to take in a complete newb, and you can learn a lot if they're willing to talk you through things that aren't intuitive for you. But I wanted to be a contributing member of my fellowship. Can't do that until you have a trader, and enough goods to meet your own basic needs, as well as some extra to trade with.

And yeah, there's plenty of waiting involved, but I think a LOT more players would stay interested past the '1 week and out' that we usually see if there was slightly faster progress at the beginning. My map is filled with really tiny dead cities, and it's not a very big map. I'm sure the more advanced players have it worse.

Kat, how exactly do you propose someone use a spell that they don't have? Because I have had a Magic Academy for a little while now, and I still don't have the spell that boosts the manufactories, because I am not far enough along on the research tree. With the ongoing glitch in training and such, I can't expand into new provinces and clear them as quickly as I would like, so gaining KP has slowed significantly, thereby slowing my progress in the whole game.

DeletedUser627

@ladysin

Hi! Your post above is interesting, and I'd like to reply. While you're in the early stages of the game, you can get a feel for how you want to play Elvenar - what appeals to you. Do you want to build a visually-interesting city? Do you want to make the fastest progress possible along the Research? Do you want to progress to a point where you can fight in Tournaments? Do you have an objective or do you want to meander? Depending on your objective, there are cities that are good examples of the various styles.

The only universal pre-requisite for Elvenar is a willingness to spend lots of time waiting. The game isn't flexible, so if you don't like waiting then the pressure to spend more $ than you intend will become intense. It's the adult version of chicken pox - the more you scratch the itch the worse it gets.

DeletedUser

@piazza....it's not the waiting so much, it's the inability to move forwqard due to the glitches.. as i mentioned in above post. (God forbid i get yet another hand slap so staying quiet with explanation) It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to move forward in any way as it stands. my upgrades level 3 steel and marble make 9 every 9 hours....I need 175 to research advanced barracks...the barracks is broken so I'm not touching it. It's going to take me a long time to amass 175 marble at this rate...let alone needing resources to negotiate provinces. I'm encountering creatures that I can't fight... so, for the time being...I'm stuck. I collect my coins and hammers...then come here and vent LOL

DeletedUser

@ladysin

Hi! Your post above is interesting, and I'd like to reply. While you're in the early stages of the game, you can get a feel for how you want to play Elvenar - what appeals to you. Do you want to build a visually-interesting city? Do you want to make the fastest progress possible along the Research? Do you want to progress to a point where you can fight in Tournaments? Do you have an objective or do you want to meander? Depending on your objective, there are cities that are good examples of the various styles.

The only universal pre-requisite for Elvenar is a willingness to spend lots of time waiting. The game isn't flexible, so if you don't like waiting then the pressure to spend more $ than you intend will become intense. It's the adult version of chicken pox - the more you scratch the itch the worse it gets.

Bobbi- Happy to elaborate!
I prefer city-building games over fighting games. Frankly, fighting bores me to no end. It appears to be a necessary evil in Elvenar, and I'll do it in order to progress further, but I'd rather have other options. No idea what the tournaments are like, so I don't know if I would enjoy those or not. I am not competitive or driven to speed my way through to the end.
What I look for in a city building game is the ability to construct a visually beautiful city that makes logical sense with the way life works. To have a city, you have to have people and resources. People need jobs (variety is good), and they prefer to live somewhat close to where they work, in neighborhoods with different houses that are appealing to look at. They want cultural activities, schools, medical facilities, and social services like police and firefighters. Elvenar has some of these options, but not all, and that's ok, because I'm not paying money to play the game. If I were... I would expect far more details like these. Because I seem to be continually pushing up against my city boundaries, I've had to organize my city in a regimented, purely utilitarian fashion, and I am hoping that I can change that soon. I like the graphics, but I don't like that I can't build neighborhoods, if that makes sense.
I really enjoy how interlocking Elvenar is. What I mean is this: You have to have enough people or you can't upgrade your workshops/manufactories. If you have enough culture, people are happier and produce more resources. Without enough goods, you can't build or improve what you want, so you have to plan ahead to have those on hand when you're ready to do something. That is the kind of mental challenge I look for in a city-building game.
I'm new to online gaming, tho I have watched my husband play WoW, and even tried it briefly myself. But he was far too advanced for me to keep up with, and it was a fighting game, so I didn't last long. But, I did like that it had quests, and they seemed to be interesting ones. In Elvenar, I also like the quests. So far, I've found that they tend to lead me to learn about the next logical thing I oughta know. I like that better than a popup or some crappy tutorial. The rewards are pretty good, too.
In any game, I prefer having choices that let me play the way I want to. I would prefer to pick what I am boosted in, I would prefer all quests were declinable, and I would REALLY prefer that the Magic Academy be sellable if I found that it was not useful to me. Having things forced on me really grates on my last nerve. It's a glitch in my personal system, and I have not yet been able to fix it. My support staff is highly unmotivated to do so. ;-)
Patience is a virtue that I do not have in abundance, but I am working on it. Slowly.

DeletedUser3131

I appreciate all the comments that I'm receiving on this post. Yes, I know I'm not the original postee, but I am one of her many entities. Not all people approach a game the same, I'm as unique as the come. I created my own fellowship in each of the realms, I have enough emails as I'm an addictive personality. Thus I have numerous emails & can accommodate myself as my own best & worst player in multi-player games.

DeletedUser627

I prefer city-building games over fighting games. Frankly, fighting bores me to no end. It appears to be a necessary evil in Elvenar, and I'll do it in order to progress further, but I'd rather have other options.

If you want to use your Magic Academy and build Wonders, eventually fighting in Tournaments will become necessary. Fighting used to be entirely optional, but it's becoming increasingly important for city development.

What I look for in a city building game is the ability to construct a visually beautiful city that makes logical sense with the way life works.

It's possible to do this in Elvenar...but you need to resist all pressure to conform and just be a free spirit. Completely ignore the rank score points! Yes, you'll need to focus on your boosted goods, but have fun building any type of manufactory that pleases you visually.

I seem to be continually pushing up against my city boundaries, I've had to organize my city in a regimented, purely utilitarian fashion, and I am hoping that I can change that soon

Again, once you have more space, don't worry about the points and just enjoy.

In any game, I prefer having choices that let me play the way I want to.

Well....this is less and less the case here, unless you do want to build for fun. There are requirements and restrictions as the game proceeds that can create frustration for players who are goal-oriented.

Having things forced on me really grates on my last nerve.

Inno does force things on you, so your approach - where you want to do your own thing - is ideal.