• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[7545] Repeatable quests impossible

DeletedUser

I am getting tons of repeatable quests, most of which are impossible for me at my stage in the game. Quests to get 200 of each tier 2 good (I am a long way off in my research from even being able to make the buildings for tier 2 goods), one to get 50k coins (well that'd take 2 days at my point in the game), one to get 200 of a tier 2 good that isn't even a boosted good for me, no t that I can make tier 2 goods anyway.

On my other account on an older server, I got a non-repeatable quest to upgrade a marble factory and the research to do that is 24 research technologies away from where I am. So that's a couple weeks, at the very least, to even do that. So it skipped 2 entire ages worth of research to give me that quest.

Maybe this is why 99% of the neighbors I have seem to have quit the game after the first day.

DeletedUser594

The timing is off on that jump up in quests. Same issue for a lot of players in our guild on (F)- the questline jump point happens far ahead of the ability to finish them. It should be timed to hit maybe two or three days before unlocking your crafted goods manufactory.

DeletedUser

I also had a bunch of those before the game took them all away from me. I had a quest to make the tier 2 goods probably 6 days before I reached the research to learn them.

DeletedUser1603

Just a head's up guys: Some quest rebalancing will take place in version 0.34 so we hope to have this resolved soon :)

DeletedUser1603

This problem should be resolved in the current game version. If anyone is still experiencing these issues, please let us know :)

DeletedUser594

I have a storyline quest to collect 1 Rune that opened in the beginning of chapter 3 and cannot be completed until the end of chapter 4 on( Khel) It's non-declinable.

On Arendyll I am getting a "Finish one tech.." quest despite being done with the tech tree-declineable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1881

I have been playing the game for a week and this is happening to me. Quests that I am weeks away from, quests I can't turn down, one I spent the past two days trying to do - upgrade to level 5 on my workshop. I already had one, so I finagled a way to get another -- and still no credit on the darn thing. I do not like that scouting takes forever to earn enough to scout a location, then when you do scout -- the price is raised to a level I have not even earned yet! I am not even at a level where I am producing Tier two goods- scrolls is my boosted, but the quests are asking for those items!

Add to that I am in the middle of a wasteland of people not visiting and not playing -- their towns have three buildings that have not changed in a week. My guild is semi active, a fairly high level guild, but when I go to trade, not much there. My guild and maybe one other person. This entire game is a catch 22 and not in a good fun way!

DeletedUser1621

... Add to that I am in the middle of a wasteland of people not visiting and not playing -- their towns have three buildings that have not changed in a week. My guild is semi active, a fairly high level guild, but when I go to trade, not much there. My guild and maybe one other person...

Sounds like you need to switch to another Fellowship if the one you are in isn't suiting your needs. Fellowship rank isn't really that important from a game play perspective, particularly if it is only "semi-active". Your best bet is to find another group, one more active, and where your boosted goods are needed to help balance out the other member's boosted goods. That's where active trading will be in your favor.

DeletedUser1881

Your best bet is to find another group, one more active,
So how do you find this mythical guild when you can't tell from the outside if they are active or not? There are some great people in my guild, and many of them are active, but honestly 25 people who post a few trades a week -- is not enough. If would be so much better and easier to play if you were allowed to 'link guilds' for trading purposes. My little area of the world has just two active members of the people I have 'found'. I researched guilds and as much as possible tried to find one that was really active.

DeletedUser61

So how do you find this mythical guild when you can't tell from the outside if they are active or not?
Watch your trade window. That's a sample of 200 or so folks, and if their trades are evaporating quickly you can be pretty sure that they're in an active Fellowship.

And look at your Notification log to see who is visiting you, and buying your stuff.

DeletedUser627

Princess, don't be afraid of trial and error. Join a fellowship and then leave if it doesn't suit. Join another. And another. At some point you'll find the right one.

DeletedUser

This problem should be resolved in the current game version. If anyone is still experiencing these issues, please let us know :)
Um, yeah. In my human city on Khel I have been sitting with an un-declinable quest in section II, to have 1 advanced workshop. I've had it for several days now, since before I even got to researching Scrolls manfuactories... my boosted Tier 2 goods. And I will have t for at least another 5 days, at the very least, just sitting there, since I am still 2 branches away on the tech tree, and am not going to spend precious gold or goods to buy KP, and REFUSE to spend another dime on Diamonds just to get it out of the way. You got all the money you will get from me for a broken game Inno. I'll play free if I continue to play. And that IF inches closer and closer toward "if Idon't just say BYE and quit" every day. I didn't break it, why should I buy it? So yeah, we are STILL having this issue or out of order Quests.

And I wonder how many new players just up and quit, without spending a dime or ever visiting the forums to report this or see if it was a known issue. Ever notice how few people are ever online here at any given time? And usually the number includes 3-5 people not listed as member or guest? For such a "high registration" game, there are few ever on te forums, so I would suspect the issue is much larger than what you are seeing reported here. MUCH larger. :/

DeletedUser1603

Okay, let's stay on topic about the bug report here and leave discussions for the discussions forum. I will put this topic back to "investigating" now but will need your help on this. Could anyone who gets quests that are not yet possible for them to complete, please post the name of the quest in this thread (you can see that in the top bar of the quest screen when you press on the quest icon at the left of your screen) and the reason why the quest isn't in order with their progress please? This way we can forward it to our game developers. Thank you for your help here :)

DeletedUser

Mine was a Human Quest in my city on Khel...
"Upgrade The Workshops" - Have 1 Advanced Workshop.

I got this non-declinable quest while I was still researching Scrolls Manufactory and Golden Guards in the tech tree. And it's been sitting there since. I am now researching Advanced Armory ( "The General's Plans" - which I just got in the quest line yesterday?), 10 KP away from finishing and completing that branch of the tech tree. Advanced Workshops is on the next branch, I should start researching it tonight, complete it in 2 days w/o buying KP, using time earned KP only.

This is my first Human city, so I do not know if there is a quest to research Advanced Workshops that I should have gotten with or before this one.
Do we have a list of Storyline Quests, in order, for both races available anywhere? So players can more easily see and tell if they are getting Storyline Quests out of order?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1603

There's no such list but in this case, the quest order is good. You get this quest after completing the quest which requires you to research your level 2 Tier Goods upgrade, which is just before the "Advanced Workshops" technology. It might depend a bit on whether you take the upper part of the tech tree here first, or the lower part but in general this quest is in the right place. :)

DeletedUser

There's no such list but in this case, the quest order is good. You get this quest after completing the quest which requires you to research your level 2 Tier Goods upgrade, which is just before the "Advanced Workshops" technology. It might depend a bit on whether you take the upper part of the tech tree here first, or the lower part but in general this quest is in the right place. :)

Thank you! Hard to compare Elvish Quests and Human quests, when you have only 1 account, just started playing 2 months ago or so, and have to wade through long dissertations on the forums by a certain dance partner *ahem* to try to find the information that actually helps and answers questions that come up as you learn the game. I appreciate your response and checking into this for me Marindor. :)