• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser146

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss about the community-based building and the poll regarding the building's size. Also, don't forget to vote at the top of the page! :)

The poll will be open for 7 days.

Reference:
building_sizes.png

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser146

Building should be a Culture boost. The higher you take it the more culture boost it gives. It should grow taller as you level it up. In this form it's foot print stays small. The trouble with long narrow buildings your locked into where and how it is placed.

DeletedUser4344

OMG...come on people! They are giving you a chance to be involved. That's all it is and you're all complaining about it. Who cares why they are doing it. I mean really. They honestly don't have to ask our opinion on anything they do because no matter what if they do it we are going to accept it. But they decided to give us a chance to say what size building we want. Just give them an answer. Say Thank you. Maybe comment on what kind of benefit it will also have NOT why should you bother doing it if you don't know anything about it. who the hell cares.. You sound like a bunch of ungrateful brats.

TerMar

I picked the 2x2 building - The shape is not important - The possibilities of what the building can be used for is important - I would hope that the building would have a look as that of the Crystal Lighthouse - That way it can be morphed into what ever pleases the FS as a whole. I've always wanted a building that could be used as storage for one or two buildings in order to rearrange my city when land is scarce. The larger the building the more storage it could handle - It could be a rental space - Such as - So many coins and/or supply's for a number of hours. Then when I'm finished using the storage - I could let someone else, in my FS, rent the space or purchase the building. I think you guy are doing a great job with this idea. Maybe by mid summer we will have it completed.

DeletedUser3732

Cool, a building that we, the players, have some say in...I picked 2x2, but 1x4 should fit into the scheme of things also...will it need a road? I hope not...it will be easier to place if it doesn't need a road, jmo...what will it do? I hope it will do something really cool...maybe hold stuff for all the players in our FS...maybe the elves and hoomans could trade culture items there? how large is the contest to win it? will we get some input into those things? I do hope so...looking forward to how this will shake out...

DeletedUser6885

I agree...it is disappointing to see them say "only a few will get it"....that usually means unless you are end game, forget it, you don't stand a chance. This game has really taken on a "screw the little guy/new player" twist to it.

You summed that up pretty nicely there. I get that same feeling sometimes too!!

Legolesa

Although a 1x4 or 4x1 is "less space" to some it is not always the easiest to place since we do not have the option to change directions of buildings. In my opinion only a 2x2 perfect square would be the easiest and most convenient to place and keep in the game. We often have to delete buildings we really do not want to due to upgrading what is necessary to play the game. As other buildings get bigger their directional surfaces change and long sides become short sides so a perfect square for this instance is best and easiest to place with all the changes we endure

DeletedUser16403

Ohhh, like the "make up an Elvenar holiday" type contest?
I must say, that is disappointing. I don't mind some element of chance in the game, but I much prefer knowing that if I put in X effort I will receive Y reward.

That holiday contest in particular left a bit of a bad taste.. lots of effort coming up with a clever Elvenar themed holiday, editing and re-editing before submitting, and then forces behind the scenes decided it wasn't in the top 5, so it didn't even come up for a community vote. Maybe it wasn't worthy of the top 5, but what I'm not excited about is putting non-elvenar skills into a contest (like creative writing) and having the judgement of that decide whether you get a special building or not.

I agree. If you contribute an offering, you should receive a reward of some type. Otherwise, it would be fair to at least post a Prize Tier chart, so competitors know what they'll earn (or not) and be able to make an informed decision prior to expending effort.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I like this idea of taking our suggestions of what type of new building we would like to have in Elvenar and putting it to a vote. Wish it wasn’t being offered to a select few. I don’t have access to social-media sites, only the Elvenar Forum.

Since it’s a challenge finding space in our cities for all those cool and beautiful event buildings we are being rewarded with, I like the idea of a 2x2 building with a smaller footprint using up less space.

I imagine a building that looks like a Dragon’s Cave with a dragon resting inside or circling or perched on top guarding the treasure contained within. It could look different for elves and humans. Take a look at the Humans “Prison of the Condemned” which has a giant griffin sitting on top and guarding a dungeon full of undesirables. I haven’t seen a building similar to that for the Elves. Maybe they don’t have crime or maybe troublemakers think they might be fed to the Vallorian Seasnake.

Elves and Humans forged a bond with dragons and agreed not to hunt them nor take their treasure. In exchange, every 24 hours a dragon will come out of its cave and place on the ground a random resource (Coins, Supplies, Relics, Rune Shards, KPs, Instants, Boosts, Goods, etc.), or a magical wand made from an oak tree growing in a pond -The Enchanted Wand of Seclusion.

The Wand can be stored in your inventory. When you’re ready to use it, point the wand at a building but use it well. For only once can you use its spell. You will find the building you cast a spell on stored away. Look in your inventory when you wish to rebuild it someday. It can be used the way we use Instants.

To recap what type of building I’d like to see created in Elvenar:

Size: 2x2
Style: A Dragon’s Cave in the Sorcerers and Dragons Art Style.
Effect: Every 24 hours a dragon will come out of its cave and place on the ground a random resource or an Enchanted Wand of Seclusion, to be used to store buildings. Items the dragon gives you will be added to your supplies or placed in the inventory until ready to be used.

Last edited:

DeletedUser11764

I know we are voting on everything. My only question is will the effect change if we pick the 2x2 or will it have the same "power" no matter the size? Obviously, if it does, I'd go for smaller, but if not, then I may have a different choice.

DeletedUser5521

I chose 4x1 just because looking at all my cities, I have "slivers" of space available in many places like around the outside of my grid, and between large buildings, but anywhere I may have had room for a 2x2 I popped in a baby WS or something else for a current event lol. So for me anyways, a 4x1 would be easier to place without having to shift anything around. But otherwise, I'm good with whatever shape the building ends up taking, and am curious to find out more about what it will be for...and if it has any exciting secret powers like nothing we have seen so far.. :rolleyes:

Silvianar

I agree...it is disappointing to see them say "only a few will get it"....that usually means unless you are end game, forget it, you don't stand a chance. This game has really taken on a "screw the little guy/new player" twist to it.
You are right it seems lately like everything is geared toward keeping and rewarding the higher players what about the new/smaller players they don't stand a chance. I've been playing about 2 years and even I have only received about a 1/4 of the rewards which would help me.

Narva

It doesn't matter since we are just voting on the size right now. Maybe latter we can put in what we would like it to do. But for now 2x2 is fine.

DeletedUser146

Like how this is working. I picked the building to give "Culture" because all the culture building in side quest or in your build inventory are huge. So having one building you can add to or swap on is a way to help make more room in your city.