• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A couple of small changes that could be really helpful

DeletedUser25619

Hi Game Changers :)
This is a nice game design and concept and fun to play there is just a few things I have noted since starting, not that long ago that I think would make the game more playable and fun.
-The ability to change worlds without having to logout each time
I could visit my two created realms without logging out

-ability to rotate buildings, etc. 90 degrees, maybe its just a struggle new players face when one of the two, non-diamond, cultural build choices for elves is purple blossom trees and its a 3 by 1 block that is only positioned vertical, Every block of space on a new players lot is highly valuable. I do not have tones of diamonds or resources laying around to change the size on my property. I get that its suppose to be a challenge, from other post, but when you can't add the buildings you would be able to if you could just rotate them, it gets really annoying fast because it takes good time to gather resources.
It is easy to get impatient with struggles that you face multiple times a week trying to play what looks like a well designed and relatively cared for game and at the end of the day time keeps moving forward and I do not like wasting time with silly struggles.

sorry for the rant, but it is important to me and I do hope you get the time to fix these two things, I will probably find other bugs and possible improvements to talk about but like I said I am a new player hoping my comments will help polish up this game.

shimmerfly

-ability to rotate buildings, etc. 90 degrees, maybe its just a struggle new players face
Yep it's one of those "struggles". It been asked for many times but the devs won't do it. it would require too much and one of the biggest challeges is having enough room in your city and a constant throughout the game. Good luck and Welcome!
@Enevhar Aldarion types faster than I do!

LisaMV

@Sunbeam cat Well, the beautifully drawn buildings cannot possibly be rotated, because the sunshine/shadows are drawn in perfectly, giving the whole city it's beautiful and real look. Check that out! Otherwise, they would have to be ugly lego-buildings or such. Ah - the price we pay for Beauty.

If you open two different tabs (I am on a computer though...) you can be logged into both worlds simultaneously.

Last edited:

AtaguS

-ability to rotate buildings, etc. 90 degrees, maybe its just a struggle new players face when one of the two, non-diamond, cultural build choices for elves is purple blossom trees and its a 3 by 1 block that is only positioned vertical, Every block of space on a new players lot is highly valuable. I do not have tones of diamonds or resources laying around to change the size on my property. I get that its suppose to be a challenge, from other post, but when you can't add the buildings you would be able to if you could just rotate them, it gets really annoying fast because it takes good time to gather resources.
It is easy to get impatient with struggles that you face multiple times a week trying to play what looks like a well designed and relatively cared for game and at the end of the day time keeps moving forward and I do not like wasting time with silly struggles.
So...the way @Sunbeam cat outlines their issue with this has given me a new inspiration. Buildings such as houses, manufactories, workshops and military buildings will never have a rotating option. It is just too much a part of the challenge of the game and, if you stick around long enough to build up some space and resources...actually becomes a really fun part of the game. However...

I too recall being new and drawn into the game primarily because I loved the idea of getting to create my ultimate fantasy zone. This meant wanting to surround my main hall in beautiful foliage and bring cultural buildings out that created a sense of peace and fantastical beauty. And the lack of being able to rotate certain culture to create the symmetry and beauty I was imagining... was a frustration. It is also true that player retention isn't fabulous ( at least...it seems that way as I see so many cities start in my NH and drop off before they build much more than a barracks and some workshops).

Why not make some of the more aesthetically pleasing culture items rotatable...perhaps one or two options per chapter...

I know the technical feat of this has been discussed in multiple threads so I'll just put it forward that the cultural item itself doesn't have to rotate...there can simply be 2 of them in the culture tab. So...2 blossom trees...both requiring a payment of resource...but allowing players to choose to place one or both of them as they please. This could have a positive impact on player retention...particularly new players trying to get over the excitement-to-build vs. time-and-resource hurdle. Just a thought.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Well, to tell you all some secret truth (made public several Facebook videos ago), buildings cannot be rotated because they are 2-D and not 3-D. If you are given the option to rotate buildings, and you do... You will be introduced to the dark abyss that is the back of the building o_O

In summary, yes the challenge of the game is to rearrange your city like a beautiful puzzle (otherwise what is the point of building shape changes each upgrades?), But the game design does not allow any form of rotation as long as the design remains 2-D.

I hope that helps,
Xelenia

Jiali

Well, to tell you all some secret truth (made public several Facebook videos ago), buildings cannot be rotated because they are 2-D and not 3-D. If you are given the option to rotate buildings, and you do... You will be introduced to the dark abyss that is the back of the building o_O

In summary, yes the challenge of the game is to rearrange your city like a beautiful puzzle (otherwise what is the point of building shape changes each upgrades?), But the game design does not allow any form of rotation as long as the design remains 2-D.

Hahaha, like the dark alleys behind the buildings here in New York