• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Fellowship's network trading views

glofrey

In real life, one knows through friends of friends of third parties who are selling items....using the same reasoning, one should "know" about the trades visible to another fellowship member but that are currently not visible to me personally.

One advantage of such an addition to the trader view is the potential for more awareness of fellow member needs. A second benefit is there would be a significant advantage for a fellowship whose members actively monitored for trades that would fulfill a member request or trade offering....

For instance, I know John, my fellowship member, is offering x for y and I know that Jane, who is in my "network" of discovered provinces is offering y for x at the same price, but Jane and John do not see each other in the existing trader view because they have not discovered one another and are not "close" in the world map nor do they have interlocking networks of discovered provinces. As a good fellowship member, I can ferry the goods between them to facilitate action, which I often do as a courtesy. However, if John could see Jane's offers, even as a no star offer with an indicator, (maybe someday with even an indicator of the fellowship member who is linked), activity and interest in the game could increase. This could also promote fellowship engagement, in that members might be asking other members to act as go-between to facilitate the trade opportunity that is visible in the outlying "word of mouth" type opportunity.

If a trader system view of the particular fellowship's "wider area" opportunities were included in the individual member's trader view, it would be a good thing for the game, the players, and especially for players who are fellowship members.

DeletedUser7421

The increased interest in this game will only decrease - but that is all thanks to the developers - and the marketing director that should be fired. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If a trader system view of the particular fellowship's "wider area" opportunities were included in the individual member's trader view, it would be a good thing for the game, the players, and especially for players who are fellowship members.
I don't think that's necessarily a good reflection of how a network functions. Our fellowship is always watching for whether someone in their area has something that a member is looking for and acts as an intermediary, accepting the local trade and passing it on to the person who wants it. Perhaps your fellowship should have a discussion about how helpful that can be.

glofrey

perhaps you misunderstood....our group functions as you describe yours. Other fellowships of which I have been a member, did not, and apparently still do not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's possible I misunderstood. I interpreted you as asking for a direct view of anyone our FS members can see, without the need for our other network members to act as intermediaries. That is what I don't think is a good representation of a trading network.