• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A little heads up?

Would you like at least one week's notice for major game changes?

• Total voters

DeletedUser43

So many of the changes that Inno implements are so horrible because people have no notice of them. If we were just told that things would change ahead of time, at least we could prepare. When something major like the orcs requirement or a new mandatory tech research is coming, could we just get a little notice? Like a week or two would be ok. I know they have a way of sending around messages to everyone, so a little message to all would help so much. People know things change around here, but it is the no notice that really causes the fury.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser188

A week would be good but 2 weeks would be even better
Unfortunately this is another good idea that more than likely will be ignored by devs
They will give the standard inno response citing German privacy laws or some such dung
Or that the amount of time for advanced notice is fine the way it is
You know ignore us and maybe we will shut up and go away

DeletedUser1603

Do you mean more notice than the Release Notes of our Beta version @Bobbykitty ? Beta is typically a game version ahead of Live, so that's about 2 weeks notice prior to when the changes get pushed to Live. Longer than that won't really be a possibility I'm afraid, for it also depends on how much stuff our development team can get into an update and we're not always sure about that weeks before a version is launched on Beta.

DeletedUser1987

The release notes on the beta forum give no indication of when the changes will actually go live. Updates are usually released on Wednesdays. When there was no update when I logged in on Wednesday, I thought this meant I would have another week to finish unlocking more Dwarf things and finish getting my Golden Abyss built before you forced me to stop working on that by introducing many other shard types, so I stopped aggressively unlocking provinces and spent some more resources on upgrading residences. Then you posted the release notes and said oh hey this will be tomorrow.

Edit: And Ozzy hits another nail on the head. Not everyone KNOWS how to access the beta forum. So even that imprecise forewarning isn't available to everyone.

DeletedUser1987

It still doesn't say exactly when it will be released on live though.

DeletedUser43

@Marindor, when I hear of something happening on beta, I can warn my fellowship members that something is coming. Because of that, my fellowship members are never caught off guard. Even if they don't like a change,they aren't slammed with it and I see less anger and more resignation. But that is very rare. 99% of all players never have any clue these things are coming. I think more than the change, it is the abruptness that is so disrupting. Is there any way the mods, or someone, can send a note to all players letting them know when the big things are coming? Most people don't come to the forums.

This is a planning game and it really helps if we can plan ahead. I think it would help with the ill feelings about the changes too. I think.

Yeah, it is the timing that we really need to know.

DeletedUser1987

To add to the whole 99% of all players never have any clue thing, I've had fellowship members who were bewildered by their inability to log on the forums and then gave up because they didn't realize they had to make a separate account for the forums. It really isn't clearly stated.

DeletedUser43

I hear that all the time Caana. People have no CLUE how to log onto the forums and they give up real early.

I just had a very interesting idea....what if people were told via an ingame message to all how to access the forums? Or maybe if there was an early quest? This is a social game and it would be so much better if more people were on the forums. That would also help so more people can hear ahead of time of the that are changes are coming.

@Marindor....if you look closely, most of the complaints aren't so much about needing to do the AW research, though some is, but all of the complaints are about being surprised that this happened. People were in the middle of doing something and BAM! this hit them. We have to be able to lessen this impact fairly easily, don't you think?

Maz Mellor

I just had a very interesting idea....what if people were told via an ingame message to all how to access the forums? Or maybe if there was an early quest? This is a social game and it would be so much better if more people were on the forums. That would also help so more people can hear ahead of time of the that are changes are coming.

I love the idea of a Forum quest!

DeletedUser

Ok...I totally skipped over the Ancient Wonder thing in the tree....now every time I do research, it takes me directly to the AW square...guessing I'm "forced" to research it?

DeletedUser

Oh...i'm sure it was just last week I was told that the AW wasn;t necessary,,,,

I was getting excited to finish chapter 2 LOL....I'm not back-tracking...not yet...

DeletedUser1016

Planning is the issue here for me....I've been done with the Fairy chapter for a while now, and same for several of my fellowship members. During this down time we all started investing our KP into each others Ancient Wonders [AW].......actually quite stupidly now looking back....!!!! If we had known in advance a definite time when AW research would be mandatory, we could have prepared by sending some KP into the recently released AW's located in the lower chapters of the tech tree.

BUT NO! InnoGame just launches the requirement without any advanced notice? We do know that InnoGame is capable of providing notices to all the players regarding significant changes and issues - InnoGame did it when the Magic Academy & the Barracks where screwed up where it only produced one [1] slot of product at a time......Is InnoGame so disorganized that they can't plan something like this in advance and give everyone advance notice???? Or is it that InnoGame just doesn't give a "dung"???? I mean - come-on....REALLY?

DeletedUser

OK....so...will I be able to open chapter 3? everything is "checkmarked" completed....crapola....

DeletedUser

I'm going to have to go read the wiki.....
Is the AW a building? Is it another monstrosity like the magic academy?
Am I going to need an expansion to place it?
So many questions.....

Is "incentivize" a real word??

DeletedUser43

Osideglen...you don't need a log in password just to view the beta forums. But yes, to comment, you need to start a city. That isn't that hard though. It can be done.

OzzyFoss, ancient wonders are a whole category of buildings. Yes, for sure read the wiki on the topic. No, you don't have to build any of the wonders at this point, but you do need to research them. They are mostly pretty big buildings. Some take up more than one expansions.