• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A little heads up?

Would you like at least one week's notice for major game changes?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1016

OH....I accessed the link provided by Marindor and it immediately asked for a log in & PW....that's why I asked....thx for the info Bobbykitty.

DeletedUser43

I'm not talking about announcing it in the forums that most people never visit.

DeletedUser61

I'm not talking about announcing it in the forums that most people never visit.
I suspect that we can agree that some people PREFER to discover the game as they play it. That's not a very efficient approach, but it IS a relaxing approach.
  • News Popups (think splash screens) can be very intrusive for both the folks who don't want to know, and for the folks who already know
  • Tool tips and the like all have to be downloaded, which slows down the game
  • Folks can already Right Click in-game to go to the forums, read only, if they want advanced knowledge, and they can obviously set a bookmark for both the US and the Beta forums
FoE has a solution that I actually like quite a bit. The mail module has 2 pinned messages.
  1. The top message is a Fellowship Bulletin Board. It currently has no settable permissions, but in our Guild updating the Bulletin Board is officer territory.
  2. The occasional 2nd message is controlled by the server, and it's used for various system level announcements like the Summer Solstice contest and for the key features of new releases like the mandatory AW research.
MessageCenter.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1603

I think we would indeed prefer a solution like the one Katwijk mentions above for we don't want too many ingame popup messages because they annoy quite a bit of players as well when they happen to often. This would indeed be a nice solution to that. Thank you all for your input on this, this is good to know and we will certainly forward it!

Edit: To give you a little head's up right here as well to help you with your planning: Please be advised that the tournaments will become part of the core tech tree as well shortly, probably with 1.12 (but the version number is subject to change).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Edit: To give you a little head's up right here as well to help you with your planning: Please be advised that the tournaments will become part of the core tech tree as well shortly, probably with 1.12 (but the version number is subject to change).

Thank you so much for this!! I will tell everyone in my fellowship.

DeletedUser1016

....I just announced this to my fellowship as well - THANK YOU.