• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ability to Downgrade a Building

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thank you @ajqtrz.
Your comments and some convo with another player helped me see that we don't need a downgrade feature at all.

While I understand what you have concluded, your response does not tell me how you reached that conclusion, and thus can have little to no impact on my thinking. Sadly, that means if you have discovered a good line of reasoning that would bring us all to that conclusion, I, and everyone else, will not reach that conclusion because we can't find your line of reasoning. I know "many words" are sometimes a pain, but they are also sometimes needed.

But thanks for the "thanks," since it's always nice to be appreciated even if you aren't exactly sure for what you have been appreciated.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Turning back the clock on the Gum Trees so they produce something other than Gum and being able to back up the Moonstone Gates, so that they actually make Moonstone and not Bismuth, would be really nice. Having a Reverse Royal Restoration for that would be cool.

Farinx

I am not against this suggestion, but this all seems rather niche based on accidentally leveling up buildings that have now been mostly removed from being new buildings in the game.

The only other building I can think of that I'd potentially like to downgrade is the Barracks, since everything else you can just demolish and rebuild to whatever level you like. (Ok ok maybe festival merchants too to make mana again instead of seeds - but that's pretty much it). And for the same reason they don't allow you to demolish the barracks, they might not want you to downgrade it either, I don't know.

I think adding a downgrade option, while pleasing some, would make most people wonder "Now why the heck would I want to downgrade my buildings?" and just confuse people. If I won a downgrade building spell as a reward or had it cover up another option in the MA, it'd be something people'd immediately hated. Perhaps using RR would be the best implementation, but then you'd have extra buttons, and someone would click to downgrade their EVO building for 16 RRs on accident instead of upgrade it and that'd case more frustration and support tickets, etc.

I can't find a good reason Inno would Add this to the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I love the concept, but why would you want to?

From my previous summation of the reasons I've seen posted by myself and others.

1) Meet a quest more easily (my personal favorite ;)).
2) Adjust market conditions by changing what we are receiving from buildings so that surpluses in some goods are lessened.
3) Get the building to produce (or look) the way we wish it to for our city.
4) To adjust space by returning to a smaller building.
5) Lower the cost of tournaments by lowering the number of AW levels. (This may have not been mentioned here, but has been elsewhere).

Comments added here:

1) Quests sometimes ask you to do impossible things -- like raise a buildings level to level X. If all that type of building are at their highest level already you have to find the room to start a new one and build it up from scratch to level X. Finding the room for the quest may mean destroying a building or at least teleporting it. But if the X asked for is only 1 or two levels down from the building you have, and you can downgrade it to that level, problem probably solved (though there may be a shape and size difference, it's usually smaller and thus, easier to place).

2) If there's a surplus of a good you can shift the production of the building to produce something other than what is not needed. This increases the value of your production for trading purposes.

3) Similarly, Gum back to seeds, bismuth back to moonstone and so on means you are producing what you need. Just because you won a building in Chapter X doesn't mean what it gives in Chapter X is what you need. X-1 might be a better fit for your needs.

4) Since space is at a premium a smaller building might be needed to make space for an upgrade of another building. You may not need as many scrolls as your buildings are producing and if by downgrading you get a bit more space, that might help.

5) Since the cost of tournament play is tied to the level of AW's it might be advantageous to be able to lower the cost of tournament play by lowering the number of AW's upgrades. This is probably the most difficult one to contemplate as it might be that players will just lower a whole bunch of non-military AW's to bring their tournament scores up. I'm, personally, not in favor of this one....but it has been mentioned.

Hope that helps with the question.

AJ