• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ability to rearrange our cities

DeletedUser2191

i think we need a rotate icon it would be so much easier to move and make room if one exist . just a thought

This suggestion has been made in the past, unfortunately the answer has been no up to this date. Maybe sometime in the future it will be considered. I do support the idea of having the ability to rotate any building/ structure.

DeletedUser

Absolutely! This would be a fabulous idea.

To add to it, how about a bit of 'storage space' to help with city rearranging. When you're bulging at the seams, it's hard to reorganize your city.

DeletedUser61

it's hard to reorganize your city.
My comments are akin to taking your grandkids to the candy store, when you already know that they've spent their allowance for the week.

HOWEVER

Take a look at the developer Q&A from a year ago, at https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/q-a-stream-the-answers-to-your-questions.287/, wherein the developers make the point that rearranging your city is a core activity in a City Builder, and allowing objects to be rotated would trivialize the puzzle.

jigsaw.jpg

hammer.jpg
[td1]Which
approach
provides
the best
game
play?[/td1]

Storage is a more subtle problem because you need to address the tendency for it to become permanent storage for items that aren't needed at the moment, including your Barracks, Magic Hall, Armories, Trader, AWs except when you want to upgrade them, etc etc etc

And, realistically, a MUCH better solution is readily at hand. Just keep several squares, somewhere awkward, that you can use as a temporary buffer. You can gradually fill it up with the odd bits of culture and roadway that you don't need, and simply toss the worst of them when you need a bit of temporary space.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And, realistically, there's a MUCH better solution. Just keep several squares, somewhere awkward, that you can use as a temporary buffer. You can gradually fill it up with the odd bits of culture and roadway that you don't need, and simply toss the worst of them when you need a bit of temporary space.

Obviously, having spare room is a much better solution.

Sarcasm aside, kudos to you if you have enough spare room in your city to rearrange it. Having awkward empty squares here and there is the best I can do, and that is not going to allow me to move a manufactory or the armory or the barracks, so that I can move a cultural item or house or workshop to a more suitable location, and then place the man/arm/bar where the cul/hou/shop used to be.

DeletedUser3061

I would be happy if they implemented like on FoE where you can drop buildings on top of other buildings and it will swap them assuming you its a 1:1 swap. That would aliviate having to have to set aside X amount of squares as a buffer.

DeletedUser594

It gets really tough at times, especially early on. You can squeeze a bit more space for a needed structure if you erase roads and pack some houses side by side- you will lose the coin income but that's usually manageable. Also it is ok to have your population go into negative territory so you can erase some houses if you're trying to add a culture building.
I'm with sauzo- I support the swap option which has some support and has not been shot down by the devs.