• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ability to Upgrade Culture Buildings

DeletedUser76

Idea: The ability to upgrade culture buildings.

Reason: The reason why we should upgrade the buildings is so that we could have more space to upgrade other buildings(manufacturing, residences, workshops, etc)

Details:

Option 1:
Level 1: X culture
Level 2: X+10
Level 3: X+20
Level 4: X+40
Level 5: X+60

Option 2:
Level 1: X Culture
Level 2: 1.2X
Level 3: 1.44X
Level 4: 1.2^3X

Summary: The ability to upgrade culture buildings so that you can gain more culture and so that you will have more room to build other things.

DeletedUser

I could support something along the lines of option 2. 1.2x might be a little high though

DeletedUser134

I too like the idea of being able to upgrade culture buildings. Either through unlocking additional levels like the others or paying goods/resources etc. to raise level.

DeletedUser64

my only problem with them is the culture/square

some players buy premium ones and they are fine, i should make 1/4 of my city culture to be efficient
from 50 neighbours baybe 6-7 active
if the eras are soo long, then why ancient ruins and orange trees are so bad?
the permium one gives hell a lot of people
the only advantage whispering threes give is big size and big boost, still i leave 3 and switch to 1x2 ones cause they give 7 more but thats too much time

at start having culture max was a nice feature to experienced players, now is premium feature

culture buildings fill the space so i dont think upgrading would be too great feature
maybe give more back selling, a timer to increase culture and price

the size should be bigger and bigger
and the square/culture always same or more, the weird sized ones can fill spaces, like the 1x2 can fit nicely in the back of streets
i feel like my direction of build was bad as they would fit better other way now

DeletedUser

at start having culture max was a nice feature to experienced players, now is premium feature

I haven't been playing very long yet (maybe a week) but I'm already starting to feel like I'm being forced to have less than 170% productivity. I don't like that I feel my only solution is to buy diamonds.

DeletedUser

Its designed to not be practical to hold 170 without neighbour help. Way neighbourhoods are now the further along you get the less chance youll have to hold high bonus. I dont accually have a problem with them having it this way as the game will need to make money to survive and i think high end culture buildings arnt a bad way to go.

I gave up on the beta server and have the few active neighbours switch to the mainhall and said screw culture and just keep enough to keep upgrading, space is better used than for culture bonus ill never be able to keep up.

So far on this server im holding 170, and will for awhile yet, but soon as i need neighbour help to keep it, its over as i get none.

I like this idea, but purhaps tie it into the tech tree and have the upgrades as we progress in it? Could also add the option to upgrade the diamond ones also this way.
Problem being they would need new art for the exsisting buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser460

I like the idea of upgrading your cultural buildings.

DeletedUser

As a note, even with diamonds, and using almost exclusively diamond culture buildings, it's been hard to even stay at 160% as I upgrade my buildings, and I don't think I've seen 170% since the beginning of the second age, even during the few times I was given neighborly help. So yeah, even the diamond buyers are not having it easy (or I'm just very inefficient...), so, using diamonds or no, it's pretty hard to keep your culture up unless you're willing to sacrifice quite a bit of space to maintain it. I do think that's by design, the dev's way of forcing interaction between players (which will only work as well as the people around you are willing to let it work).

I like the idea of increasing culture, but if the buildings increased in size with each level like the rest of the buildings do, in the end, you'd probably wind up with the same problem; too much need, not enough space to meet it to stay maxed out all the time on your own.