• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Absolutely Nothing Unusual or Suspicious Happening Here

Who is the best mastermind with the best plot to execute The Great Heist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I would have to agree there .
And because it is Magic … maybe she’s changing it to do something else … hmmm
Change to what? What’s more useful than a Magic Accomplish Button? A Magic Comebacker Button? I don’t think she needs assistance in that department, magical or otherwise.

Also, do we have the budget to shoot all these complicated plot twists? More importantly, do we need to pay for catering if there is a Queen of Snacks around?

(Don’t forget to vote!)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm really sorry that my life was crazy these last couple weeks and I didn't get in this. But now, I have the HARDEST job because you guys are all so good it's definitely hard to vote. I love MaidenFair's detailed and creative explanation; I love Fairy's intriguing simplicity, and I love Crackie's inventiveness and deviousness.

In the end, I'm giving Crackie an edge just for thinking up such a great alt-contest for the group. I hope we do this again when I have time to participate.

PS This was edited to remove my brain-dead mixup of names. :p ... Yeah, it's been that kind of week, lol.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Change to what? What’s more useful than a Magic Accomplish Button? A Magic Comebacker Button? I don’t think she needs assistance in that department, magical or otherwise.

Also, do we have the budget to shoot all these complicated plot twists? More importantly, do we need to pay for catering if there is a Queen of Snacks around?

(Don’t forget to vote!)

Short answer,,,yes

crackie

I loved all 3 stories, and admire the creativity and effort that went into them. I'm hoping this ends with a 3-way tie, leaving @crackie to do sigs for all. ;)
Ha! Is that what y’all are up to? I was thinking the more people vote, somehow the closer the race became. HOWEVERRRRR, helya’s vote was supposed to count for 5, as she is the best judge of which plan may or may not succeed. I guess that has been passed to @Queen of Snacks. That means MaidenFair is still up by 4. Also, I already make my own sigs so I can’t really win one for myself. The fate of Fairy and Maidenfair’s sigs are in your hands!

Voting closes tomorrow! Don’t forget to vote!

crackie

Congratulations, MaidenFair…you are the winner of The Great Heist! Hahaaa, despite people’s attempts to rig the contest, they seemed to have forgotten the math on helya’s weighted vote counting as 5 and MaidenFair’s superpower to win forum contests! I have out-shenaniganned your attempted shenanigans! (The philologist says that is proper use of shenanigans in forum vernacular.)

Thank you both MaidenFair and @The Fairy for playing. Thank you helya for being guest judge and putting up with shenanigans and false accusations. I haven’t heard from my convalescing friend in awhile despite some followups, so I really hope she is okay, but the last msg from her regarding this thread said, “OMG, that is absolutely priceless!!! I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard!!!” At least we did our part in bringing some joy in otherwise tough times for some. And now MaidenFair, you get to experience some other emotions regarding your winning sig. Do you want to give me some guidelines for what you are looking for or would you like me to just make one? Which will it be—surprise or regret? :D

And Fairy, I don’t feel so terrible that you lost cause you suckered me into a 3rd city so I feel like you came out of this more than even.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Wow, this thread took a turn since I was last in here. All this time we thought we were planning a heist, ahem, making a movie, and now we realise that helya beat us to the punch and coolly pulled off her own heist right under our noses! o_O (I mean, it could be argued it's not quite a heist if you're taking your own property but that doesn't make for nearly as exciting of a revelation. ;) ) Muffy's right, I could see a followup story here. Or at least the traditional series of heist flashbacks at the end of the movie, when it's revealed nothing actually happened the way you thought it did. :cool:
I'm really sorry that my life was crazy these last couple weeks and I didn't get in this. .... I hope we do this again when I have time to participate.
I'm sorry you missed it too, @Darielle ! I was looking forward to reading your entry. :)

@crackie are we sure I won, or should there be a recount...? I feel bad claiming it when @The Fairy clearly won the popular vote, since we can't prove that @Queen of Snacks is helya in not-so-disguise...

crackie

I'm sorry you missed it too, @Darielle ! I was looking forward to reading your entry. :)
ME TOO!!!
I hope you feel you won too (except for the extra work).
@crackie are we sure I won, or should there be a recount...? I feel bad claiming it when @The Fairy clearly won the popular vote, since we can't prove that @Queen of Snacks is helya in not-so-disguise...
You guys are doing a fantastic job of selling me the idea of hosting another contest. We bring you more signature(s?) to make, legal challenges, and a new city to play! Oh, and @muffy. wants a sequel too. Is that all? Did I forget anything? :)

crackie

I really feel like I should have entered this, as the owner of the Accomplish button.
This contest is now under legal scrutiny, led by a philologist no less. You know she's going to pick through it with a fine-tooth comb, prob one made of elephant tusk from ancient Phoenicia. How do we know you have the Magic Accomplish button? Maybe you have one of the non-magical counterfeit Accomplish buttons. There's a lot of counterfeiting happening, especially of Get-Out-of-Jail-Free cards in circulation, ahem, or so I've heard. Maybe you should tell us how you came across this "Accomplish button".