• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Access troop production without forcing collect

Access to the MA through the GUI button, thus not forcing the collection of spells, is great. It allows for additional competitive forces in FA, as well. I really hope devs won't take it away now that I'm pointing it out!

I want the same thing added for troop buildings. Like one new button for "Troops" or something, which (on mobile, perhaps) opens 3 buttons, so you can enter the production queue of the selected building without clicking the building (and thus collecting the troops).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What are the upsides to the this other than the extra FA badges? Everyone who cares will do it, so it probably won't change the rankings much. The back entry to the MA was a fortuitous side effect of the button specifically to handle crafting, which is a source of diamond sales, so needed to be coded to implement that. What function would a new access point add to the game which justifies the owners spending programmer time on it when, from the point of view of the devs, it's going to probably conserve resources for players who maybe will no longer have to speed training queues to make needed badges.

If there were a significant feature which could be attached to troop production that might be a better ask than simply an interface element to make the FA easier.

defiantoneks

is anyone ever short on guard badges? honestly everyone in both of my FS had dozens if not hundreds go into the trash. they werent even good for the pit, we had such an excess.
(now that I said that, they will nerf the guard badges just like they did with coins)

How would this make the game "cheaper"? Do you mean that, with the use of pet food on a regular basis (not typically considered "cheap"), players could accumulate the same number of ttroopsfor less resources than they could otherwise? Wouldnt that allow players MORE flexibility in playstyle, not less?

Yes, the brown bear, or similar functionality, would be a predicate. If players don't care about this, no big deal...but I recommend getting one, cause they're good

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
How would this make the game "cheaper"? Do you mean that, with the use of pet food on a regular basis (not typically considered "cheap"), players could accumulate the same number of ttroopsfor less resources than they could otherwise? Wouldnt that allow players MORE flexibility in playstyle, not less?

Yes, the brown bear, or similar functionality, would be a predicate. If players don't care about this, no big deal...but I recommend getting one, cause they're good

It would make brown bear even better than it is. For much less pet food, you get more troops without additional cost. You could accumulate weeks of troop production and then feed your brown bear once to collect it. This would throw things out of balance creating even bigger gap between players with or without brown bear or between players that fight or cater.

If you're interested to get more out of your brown bear, you can increase your training size and/or use time instants. This saves pet food too.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

If you didn't collect your troops for a long time, say a few weeks or more, but kept training more and more. Then you feed your brown bear and collect. You'd get 50% more troops that were trained over those weeks. You wouldn't need to burn time instants or supplies. Imagine how many troops a person would have ready to collect. I have two brown bears. So, for a mere 2 pet foods, I could double the number of troops the instant I collect. From a greedy point of view, I'm all for it. I'd probably be able to do 80 provs each week just using auto-fight. At the moment I usually do over 40 but do some manual fighting in the last 10 provs or so. From a fairness point of view, it would be a very, very bad idea. The brown bear might become as sought after as the fire phoenix.

I certainly don't see how this improves gameplay.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
The Brown Bear has a unit production bonus, not a unit collection bonus. The bonus would only apply to produced numbers, and the accumulated troops could still amount in the background, like Combining Catalysts do in MA or Coins do in Main Hall. It would be beneficial to meet event quests and season quests to be able to wait with the collections.

Genefer

The Brown Bear has a unit production bonus, not a unit collection bonus.

It is a collection bonus - if you do not collect the troops while the bear is still active you do not get the troops from the boost effect. On the other hand, you can feed the bear immediately prior to troop collection and receive the boost troops for training that occurred prior to feeding the bear.

1a brown bear.png

The effect is "additional units every time you pick up (collect) troop units from ....."

I would not be able to play if I allowed my troop production to pile up for days much less weeks, but it would be fabulous if I could collect a week of training and receive 50% more troops for the BB collection bonus for the cost of 1 pet food.

I wish I wish I wish :)

It is a collection bonus - if you do not collect the troops while the bear is still active you do not get the troops from the boost effect. On the other hand, you can feed the bear immediately prior to troop collection and receive the boost troops for training that occurred prior to feeding the bear.

View attachment 16029

The effect is "additional units every time you pick up (collect) troop units from ....."

I would not be able to play if I allowed my troop production to pile up for days much less weeks, but it would be fabulous if I could collect a week of training and receive 50% more troops for the BB collection bonus for the cost of 1 pet food.

I wish I wish I wish :)

I agree with everything here...including the aspect of being able to get so much for 1 pet food...which is why they'll never (and shouldn't) implement this.

Yogi Dave

The Brown Bear has a unit production bonus, not a unit collection bonus.
After seeing this comment, I decided to get pics showing how it worked before saying anything else. That took overnight since my training time is 8h 47m. I'm only putting a few of the pics I took so as to not clutter too much, but I think they show what I wanted to and what @Genefer said. The main thing to notice is my collection size for the crossbowmen changed from 116999 to 157067 and when collected, the total number of troops I had increased by that amount (10308724 - 10151657). I already had a 46% collection bonus due to my level 35 Simia Sapien. The bear raised it to 96%.

Collection after feeding the bear
1687088717054.png

Bear was fed and collected
1687088898602.png

Training size before feeding
1687089458627.png

Troops before feeding
1687088797274.png

Yogi Dave

It is confusing that it's referred to as production bonus one place but collection bonus another. Also, as it is I let all queues to be drained before I feed the bears. That's 15 training stacks which is 2,957,025 troops and 44h training time. I then use all my time instants 5h and larger, sell my used 5d buildings (lots of supplies from the 30 or more I have) and use supply instants. It's always the time instants that run out first. As I said, if I was greedy, I'd love to build a month or 2 without collecting. I could even teleport my bears until needed since they give such a small number of troops every other day compared to my stack size.

Genefer

The Simia description when viewing the AW overview also uses production boost, but collection is used when viewing the troops in the troop production buildings.