• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Accidental building restore via Diamonds

Qybyrn

Although there is a one time per account accidental building restore, it would be nice (especially for long time players who have already used this feature) to be able to purchase additional restores with diamonds. I understand the 1 time policy or support would be swamped with requests asking for level 7 manufactories to be restored, but it would make the game less stressful knowing my Great Auction or Fire phoenix was protected against an accidental tap/double tap or an unlocked phone accepting all kinds of random palm clicks. I've played other games where similar functionality was a premium purchase and the player base had little to no problem with it. It benefits long time players and increases diamond consumption, I would assume that is a win/win.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Right??
What about getting diamond land expansions reset in both cities I played prior to the MTG buyout? I supported InnoGames way back then, and made land purchases in good faith under the Old rules, why should I be punished for that? I shouldn't have to pick ONE city. But, huh, the Divas on EN won't even consider it!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Right??
What about getting diamond land expansions reset in both cities I played prior to the MTG buyout? I supported InnoGames way back then, and made land purchases in good faith under the Old rules, why should I be punished for that? I shouldn't have to pick ONE city. But, huh, the Divas on EN won't even consider it!

I agree that when you purchase something it's use/properties shouldn't be changed without your permission. Purchasing or even winning this or that is part of your plans and may be a key part of you city. I got my Moonstone sets with the idea of building my city around scrolls production from those sets and thus got rid of my scrolls mfrs (I'm boosted in scrolls). Then they changed it to silk and I had to restructure my city to produce scrolls again. I don't mind things changing, but changing something I've already purchased would be like somebody showing up and pulling out the electric stove you purchased from them years ago, and replacing it with a gas version -- and you don't have gas service to your kitchen. You now have to change your plans and budget. And you get to pay for the switch from electric to gas, as well!

Of course, there is the argument that when you sign up for the game you are agreeing to allow them to change things as they see fit. It's probably in the fine print somewhere. So, it's their game, the argument goes, and it's a privilege to be here, not a right. I guess, that means I can choose to "take it on the chin" when they sucker punch me with some change, or go find another game with softer gloves. Not that this will mean much as most players don't mind a hard jab once in a while.

And thanks for the opportunity to vent. Not that any of my comments are going to change anything, of course. :) ;)

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Although there is a one time per account accidental building restore, it would be nice (especially for long time players who have already used this feature) to be able to purchase additional restores with diamonds. I understand the 1 time policy or support would be swamped with requests asking for level 7 manufactories to be restored, but it would make the game less stressful knowing my Great Auction or Fire phoenix was protected against an accidental tap/double tap or an unlocked phone accepting all kinds of random palm clicks. I've played other games where similar functionality was a premium purchase and the player base had little to no problem with it. It benefits long time players and increases diamond consumption, I would assume that is a win/win.
I would assume it was a win/win as well. They could have a diamond restore available for a specific time period, like 24 hours, if you discover that just before you logged out last night you automatically sold something without realizing it. That way they wouldn't have to keep all your buildings available, just the recent ones. I could see this being very helpful to players.