• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Accuracy of Elvengems tournament pages

Kataphractos

I know the Elvengems website has been having trouble keeping up with Elvenar's changes for the past year or two. The tournament information seems to be especially out-of-date: I'm not seeing the enemies Elvengems says I should. I found a post from June of this year here by Samidodamage which states:

There is a higher likelihood of certain enemy troops in specific tourneys. While they never published any specifics, it has been determined that the enemy units more likely to appear in each tourney by type are:
Marble: Heavy Melee
Steel: Mage
Planks: Light Range
Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged
Scroll: Light Ranged & Heavy Ranged
Silk: Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Elixir: Light Range, Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Magic Dust: Light Melee, Mage & Heavy Ranged
Gems: Light Melee, Heavy Ranged & Heavy Melee

Is this still true? In particular, are we sure that Tier-1/-2/-3 tournaments are assigned 1/2/3 types of "most likely" enemies?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Way out of date, though the types of enemy troops is still mostly right. What happened when they did the big tourney revamp was to make enemy troops more random, but not a lot more random. I don't know the exact percent changes, and I don't think anyone outside of Inno does. For a totally random example, a particular troop in a particular tournament before the change may have had an 80% chance of being in a fight, while after the change it may only be 60%. So most of the time, the troop types are right, just less often than before.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't have any up-to-date info @Kataphractos
I have a link from August 2020 to a beta post from Marindor in the Tourney Changes Announcement thread here. There was lots of discussion in the discussion thread and it produced a more detailed graphic description of the enemies by tourney type in this beta forum September 2020 post. It's under the 'spoiler'.
Where the enemy types were fixed in the old tourneys, they are now subject to some degree of randomness. The detailed color-coded graph seems to agree with the info I have in a personal Word file (and am not completely sure where it came from:confused:). That personal file is also from Fall 2020.
***Tongue-in-cheek (sorta)
If we go by the increase in forum posts complaining about increased difficulty/cost of fighting tourneys, I think it fits, lol! No one ever comes in with 'something's gotten way worse in the tourneys' during a steel tourney. But watch out when dust rolls around, lol!

Myne

Oh Wise One
I send the tourney tips and tricks to my fellowship weekly, however after the changes, I sent a big ol disclaimer telling them I don't know how correct they are, but at least it's a starting point.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No one ever comes in with 'something's gotten way worse in the tourneys' during a steel tourney. But watch out when dust rolls around, lol!
I feel like steel tourney used to be easiest, but now marble is. Another big difference is crystal tourney used to be frogs everywhere. I am crystal boosted and dreaded it, but had to push for my relic boost with wimpy lvl 1 units trying to reach them in the way back. Now you don't see enemy frogs at all in any tourneys. That said, if you visit a province of the relic type of tourney on the world map, it does give you a good estimate of what type of troops you'll see in the tourney. For example, my crystal province is showing Orc Deserter, Enchantress, Frog, War Dog. That's more or less what I see in the tourney except instead of frogs, I'm seeing Steinling here and there and also Abbots with Enchantress.

I just checked the wiki to see what the official name for an enemy frog is called and interestingly Fainéant Frog is the only frogs listed. There are no frogs in the enemy list.

DeletedUser29768

I just checked the wiki to see what the official name for an enemy frog is called and interestingly Fainéant Frog is the only frogs listed. There are no frogs in the enemy list.
Yeah, the enemy frogs have the same names (Fainéant Frog and Frog Prince). I'm not sure why they didn't come up with a different name for them, as they have for every other troop type. Maybe they couldn't think of one? :p

Kataphractos

I don't know the exact percent changes, and I don't think anyone outside of Inno does.

For my purposes, I don't need to know the exact percentages. "This is the most probable enemy" is just fine. "This is the second most probable enemy" would be nice to know, but not strictly necessary. Anything else, my smooth tiny brain wouldn't be able to handle it. :)

Kataphractos

I have a link from August 2020 to a beta post from Marindor in the Tourney Changes Announcement thread here. There was lots of discussion in the discussion thread and it produced a more detailed graphic description of the enemies by tourney type in this beta forum September 2020 post.

I'll take a look at those posts somewhere in the next couple days. Thank you again for your work on this!

Kataphractos

Now you don't see enemy frogs at all in any tourneys.

That's interesting! I'll have to pay more attention in future tournaments, see if I spot any frogs. AFAIK, frogs are considered superior to Human mortar crews -- are they also superior to Elf golems? If so, that might be a reason why they cut down on tourney-frogs: the slimy boys are just too OP!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
AFAIK, frogs are considered superior to Human mortar crews -- are they also superior to Elf golems?
Mmm...they are different. I dunno if I'd compare them side-by-side like that. Frogs have far more range than Golems, but they have no defense in that they can't take many hits like most artillery range units (very low health) and they don't hit as hard.