• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Actionable Notifications

JCsk

The objective of this idea is that a notification appears when there is an action that can be taken in our city . For example, if you have commissioned your workshops to produce supplies and while you are waiting for it to finish, you go to the world map to explore the map and complete encounters in the provinces, or even if in another tab of your browser you access another web page , or if you leave the application running on your smartphone in the background, you will receive a notification informing you that your workshops are stopped (ZzZ) and that there is an action that can be taken in your city.

The same will happen with the factories, with the barracks if it runs out of training orders, with the Lonja if they have accepted all your offers, with the Magic Academy if it finishes producing or creating your last orders, with any building that we are expanding and finish the process, with any construction in progress, ...

Idea to Propose:
Notifications when there is an action to be taken in our city, even if we have the game in another tab of our browser or running in the background on our smartphone.

Details and reasoning of the idea:
The game will notify you when there is something you can do in your city, even if you are in another tab or if you have it running in the background, this will allow you to know when our buildings are stopped even when we are exploring provinces, or collecting relics.

Also adding these notifications, if we are on another web page or doing anything else on our computer or smartphone, as long as we leave the game open in a tab of our browser and have the application running in the background on our mobile.

Notifications will be activated when an event occurs in your city, such as your workshops are not in the process of producing supplies or your homes have reached the maximum number of coins they can produce.

Benefits:
With these new notices you will prevent your buildings from standing still without producing, avoiding the need to be watching the game at all times in case there is something that has finished its process and you have to give orders again.

Disadvantages:
These notifications can be deactivated, from a new tab, called Notifications within the advanced configuration options, with which they do not present any disadvantage. Players can disable these notifications at any time by clicking hide when the notification appears or from the Notifications tab.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Interesting idea. It can be done, of course, but the overhead might make too expensive. And I, for one, don't like notices on my phone so to me it would be for others who do. That might be a large enough number though, so if Inno wants to do it, I'd not complain as long as there's an "opt out" button.

In the mean time you can always set some alarms on your phone. I've never done that, but I know players who do.

AJ

JCsk

Yes, you can exclude yourself from receiving notifications that you do not want to receive.

You can turn notifications on or off at any time.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The game has push notifications in the mobile app, but I am not sure which in-game things trigger those notifications, because I turn them off for all games I might play on my phone.

Huor

The notifications I receive in the app (off the top of my head) are trades accepted (full or partial) and some productions are ready. If I see others, I will try to edit my post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aritra

I like the idea of notifications about actions ready and waiting for you (available to collect or something idle). I don't need to know there are taxes available to be collected, but knowing a production has finished, scout available, builder available, or item finished crafting is good. I'd want to choose which buildings, or building type, to receive early-collect notification, and residences wouldn't likely be one of those I'd be interested in. I do set alarms on my phone, but this would be super helpful. As far as what actions/buildings are being reported, the more options the better (I realize that more options is more complicated but it's for someone else to decide what is feasible). And no repeat within a certain period of time: I could see a new notification triggered getting out of hand, but categorizing the building/action types/options would likely reduce this while still being helpful. Of course, opt-out would be having all of the options off (blanket opt-out switch, I expect).

My in-game notifications icon is always lit up with stuff that I don't care about: I don't need to know when someone took my trade or someone polished my whatever. I want to know what is available for me to do. I visit my cities regularly trying to keep things going, aided by alarms on my phone. If I had custom notifications, I'd likely pop in more often knowing specific actions are waiting for me---and it has been said many times that Inno wants players to be on and active.

defiantoneks

I get the mobile notifications now, and my question would be, are you adding in some sort of identifier so we know WHICH city has actions pending? I play two, and I know others that play more.