• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Active users on map

larbby

Hi,

If there was a way to see on the map what cities are active within the past 24 hours and maybe in the past week with come color badge or something, that would be very helpful. It would promote helps and socializing.

Thank you,
Larbby

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You can take some educated guesses: Here are 5.

First, are they in a fellowship? If so, it's more likely they are active than if they are not in a fellowship.
Second, watch the trade board. If they show up there, they are active.
Third, watch who visits you. Obviously, the best of signs. I'd send them a note of thanks and return the visit.
Fourth, while not always 100% accurate, you could look them up in elvenstats.com. Not sure how they figure out "active vs not active" if the information is private, but they take a stab at it and you can see it there. (My guess is that they just look at the city score and figure if it's not changed the player "may not be active.")
And fifth: Send them a note. If they respond, active. If not, maybe active but less likely.

Of course some of these are tedious but that's just part of the fun, right?

AJ

larbby

This, unfortunately, will violate privacy laws, so cannot be implemented.
Guess I didn't think about that one. Here are 2 alternatives:
Add it as an option in the settings, show that you are active on the map or not (pretty sure all the active players would want to turn that on)
Instead of activity, add a mark on the cities that ever helped you

larbby

You can take some educated guesses: Here are 5.

First, are they in a fellowship? If so, it's more likely they are active than if they are not in a fellowship.
Second, watch the trade board. If they show up there, they are active.
Third, watch who visits you. Obviously, the best of signs. I'd send them a note of thanks and return the visit.
Fourth, while not always 100% accurate, you could look them up in elvenstats.com. Not sure how they figure out "active vs not active" if the information is private, but they take a stab at it and you can see it there. (My guess is that they just look at the city score and figure if it's not changed the player "may not be active.")
And fifth: Send them a note. If they respond, active. If not, maybe active but less likely.

Of course some of these are tedious but that's just part of the fun, right?

AJ
Thanks for the suggestions AJ. For sure I return the visits. The names I remember, I visit when I see them on the tourney if they dropped off my visits log.
It would be too time consuming to remember everyone's name and check the trader or elvenstats... I want to exchange help with more neighbors, can't spend my whole day looking. Sometimes I just go on the map and help everyone around, that also takes time and doesn't really help because people drop off the log and I drop off theirs if only 1 day is missed. The highest I got was 26 daily exchanges with neighbors. Right now I'm at about 18.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The site states that it shows cities as potentially inactive when their score does not change, up or down, by a single point, for at least two weeks. But since the site only auto-updates this on a weekly basis, it could be up to 2 weeks and 6 days that a city score has not changed before they get the black triangle on them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@larbby another way to see if a city is active, is to look for it on the tournament point list. Any points showing at all and they were playing the previous week or the same week.

larbby

@larbby another way to see if a city is active, is to look for it on the tournament point list. Any points showing at all and they were playing the previous week or the same week.
I can't remember everyone's name and not about to make a list.
Don't you think it would be useful to have a way to see active cities straight on the map?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can't remember everyone's name and not about to make a list.
Don't you think it would be useful to have a way to see active cities straight on the map?

Yes, but I can't think of anything that would satisfy the restrictive EU privacy laws we all have to follow because Inno is based in Germany.

As an example, look at various online dating sites. A bunch let you sort matches in "last time online" order, but I bet you that all the ones with that search feature are based outside of the EU. If there are even any dating sites based in Europe, I would expect that function to not be available.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I just visit my whole neighborhood every Monday morning. Then visits trade back and forth for a few days until someone falls off the visit list until the next Monday morning.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I just visit my whole neighborhood every Monday morning. Then visits trade back and forth for a few days until someone falls off the visit list until the next Monday morning.

This is something I do about once a month -- with 350 neighbors it takes a bit of time but then I do, occasionally, get a new face visiting me. I visit 198 of my neighbors most days and that, alone, has helped me get visits in return. It's, I think, consistency, that counts in this game the most.

AJ

ElfGunn

This is something I do about once a month -- with 350 neighbors it takes a bit of time but then I do, occasionally, get a new face visiting me. I visit 198 of my neighbors most days and that, alone, has helped me get visits in return. It's, I think, consistency, that counts in this game the most.

AJ

If you can see someone on the map, but you haven't discovered their province yet, can you return NH they give you?