• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adapting is the game!

Deleted User - 849192770

Natural life is well known for its adaptation. I wonder why the dodo didn't adapt...
the dodo bird lived on a remote island with no predators so they had no need of wings. when sailors came to the island they where an easy source of food as they could not fly and had no fear they were hunted to extinction too fast for them to adapt (just a fun fact)

Moho

Chef
they were hunted to extinction too fast for them
Similarly when the asteroid hit the Earth, the great majority of dinosaurs couldn't adjust to the new disastrous environment and went extinct.

My point? Adaptation is only part of the story. The history of life evolution on our planet includes not only adaptation through mutation but also vast extinction events where a great proportion of the "players" went missing due to the new catastrophic state of affairs.

hvariidh gwendrot

the name calling is a bit much, possibly go back and reword with an edit, the apology was good though .. this is a city builder game, tournaments and adventures for rank are the secondary not the primary and granted the changes are a bugger for higher chapter players, especially if you are driven by rank placements, but it's far from kicks to the groin .. some people play for rank .. most don't, i agree the math can be reworked on progressing beyond chapter 15, has that ruined the game ? i'm going with no

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have heard that chapter 18 offers a number of military upgrades
What I heard was those upgrades are promotions to 4stars for your troops spread over Ch18-20. Not sure when the enemy units you face will be 4star, but it wouldn't surprise me if you start seeing them for more of the enemy units than your own in Ch18, and probably before you reach the promotion techs (like as soon as you activate the first tech in a chapter) even if they do promote enemies for same types as your own by chapters. iirc, it was possible to face 3star frogs as soon as you were 'in' the chapter where you first got them (as 1star units). So it's doubtful those upgrades will smooth out anything.

Deleted User - 1178646

Droopy Shorts, you are always trying to be a wise azz on here! I never said I was stopped for good or giving up. I will be moving on in the chapter because I will adapt, not wuss out.
I have no further comments for you
adapt seems to me a meme here, to adapt there needs to be ways to adapt.

The best way to adapt is to delete your current town and start all over again.
I am for adapting to the new situation, but that adoptation means I am stuck in the game forever.
What I heard was those upgrades are promotions to 4stars for your troops spread over Ch18-20. Not sure when the enemy units you face will be 4star, but it wouldn't surprise me if you start seeing them for more of the enemy units than your own in Ch18, and probably before you reach the promotion techs (like as soon as you activate the first tech in a chapter) even if they do promote enemies for same types as your own by chapters. iirc, it was possible to face 3star frogs as soon as you were 'in' the chapter where you first got them (as 1star units). So it's doubtful those upgrades will smooth out anything.

the main difference when 3* where introduced is that they went from no special powers to special powers.
This makes the jump from 2* to 3* units pretty massive.

As far as I could see the main difference is that the new 4* units now have a little higher defences (example 80% damage reduction is now 90%)

The issue is how often these days in the tournaments / spire do you oppose the correct enemy to take advantage of that?